Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753932 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11700 on: July 11, 2021, 08:12:41 PM »

---Statue of Lewis & Clark and Sacagawea toppled in Charlottesville---

https://nypost.com/2021/07/10/charlottesville-takes-down-sacagawea-statue-after-confederate-removals/

In the stock market they call it throwing out the baby with the bath water. No more statues of white people in public areas?

Toppled?

“I feel that it should just be melted down,” Rose Ann Abrahamson, a Sacagawea descendant, said during the council meeting, The Daily Progress reported. “I feel that it’s entirely offensive and it should be obliterated.”

Rose makes big coin off her auntie's name.

So what?

Why white people like you always up in brown people’s pockets?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11701 on: July 11, 2021, 08:16:47 PM »

Elder abuse is like:
Govts not being able to provide enough power to the homes of the elderly...everyone over 55 these days...causing them to suffer.

Mice et all your coal again?

I was thinking more in your world...the elderly being failed in Texas recently.

They shouldn’t be voting for corrupt, inept and venal representatives.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11702 on: July 11, 2021, 08:27:39 PM »

The Conservative Death Cult reached new lows as they cheered the news that Americans weren't going to meet a vaccination goal, even as more than 95% of those being hospitalized with COVID now are unvaccinated.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dr-anthony-fauci-says-its-horrifying-to-see-cpac-crowd-cheering-low-vaccination-rates

These people are sick.

And there is no vaccine for their illness.

Remember when I said these guys saw the pandemic as an opportunity?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11703 on: July 11, 2021, 08:32:18 PM »

Elder abuse is like:
Govts not being able to provide enough power to the homes of the elderly...everyone over 55 these days...causing them to suffer.

Mice et all your coal again?
I was thinking more in your world...the elderly being failed in Texas recently.

Everybody's being failed in Texas recently except the politicians and the very wealthy.
An expected profession of uneducated partisan drivel.
Feel free to compare Texas to the rest of the USA and the world economy.  I dare you.

How many other people froze to death or will suffer permanent harm because their state had cut itself off from 5he national power grid and then watched its own grid collapse in a snow storm?

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11704 on: July 11, 2021, 08:40:03 PM »

First stat I chose was unemployment rate, Ward:
https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Texas is 38th in the country.

25th in life expectancy.

70% of their children are not proficient at reading in 4th grade or at math in 8th grade, below national average.

19% of their children live in poverty, again below the national average.

8% of their teens are neither in school nor working. This, too.

13% of their children do not have health insurance, more than double the national rate.

There is a higher death rate for children and teens than the national average, as well.

While their teen birth stats are half what they were in 2010, they are still almost 50% worse than the national average.

Tied for 41st - 45th for seniors living in poverty.

42nd in overall healthcare

Okay, Ward.

You want to argue that since the state of children in Texas is only 46th out of 50 states that my claim is false?!

Or that it's not at the very bottom in poverty for either children or seniors, folks there are being served and not let down?

Go for it.
LoL!
9 th largest economy in the WORLD!
5th largest state in the USA in population growth
Population growth from births among the highest in the country.
Population growth from migration/births 60/40.
Popular destination for Chinese /Asians and, nationally , California and other high tax Blue States.
Ranked first in the nation for growth prospects
Amazon,Tesla, HP, Oracle moved or expanded operations there.
All of these are measurements of success and potential for more growth. 
You cited no measurement comparisons.

"no measurement comparisons?"

Yes, Texas is big. Too bad it isn't "bigger" in how it treats its residents.
Yes, of course, people are migrating to Texas in record numbers because their kids are
“ mistreated “! LOL
I’m  sure you would be among the people complaining about the migrant vs. birth ratio, if you lived there. I know Luee would!
Huh?

Yes, it is a very good place for wealthy people to run their businesses - how does that conflict with what I said?! I think you are underscoring my point!
It’s a great state to run a business. First thing you got right in a long time.
Keeps taxes low and people working.  What a great State!

You want to see comparisons, Ward, I gave you the links for all my numbers. Go satisfy your cravings or specify what you think I should have listed instead of ranks!

Somehow, I don't think there are any "measurement comparisons" that will make 46th in the country for overall conditions for children look good, but knock yourself out!
People vote with their feet.
I gave you their verdict about Texas.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 08:41:57 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11706 on: July 11, 2021, 09:47:25 PM »

Texas has beautiful women.

Are there states without beautiful women?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11707 on: July 11, 2021, 10:01:37 PM »

According to the 2021 Texas Relocation Report released by Texas Realtors, more than 500,000 people moved to Texas in 2019 — 537,000-582,000 new residents, to be sort of exact.
But while many people are declaring Texas their new home, quite a few already here are making the move elsewhere. Texas also ranked second in terms of residents moving out of state in 2019, with approximately 435,000-471,000 people leaving bluebonnets and longhorns behind.

When all the math is said and done, that's a net gain of approximately 100,000 new Texas residents for the year.

Oh boy.

If voting with their feet is your metric, then over the last decade, California wins.

But... Ward? People go lots of places for lots of reasons. It doesn't make the numbers I gave you wrong. Not at all.

46th in the nation in child welfare.

You can promote their corporations and their new residents, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a dent in their poverty for seniors, either.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11708 on: July 11, 2021, 10:29:01 PM »

According to the 2021 Texas Relocation Report released by Texas Realtors, more than 500,000 people moved to Texas in 2019 — 537,000-582,000 new residents, to be sort of exact.
But while many people are declaring Texas their new home, quite a few already here are making the move elsewhere. Texas also ranked second in terms of residents moving out of state in 2019, with approximately 435,000-471,000 people leaving bluebonnets and longhorns behind.

When all the math is said and done, that's a net gain of approximately 100,000 new Texas residents for the year.

Oh boy.

If voting with their feet is your metric, then over the last decade, California wins.

But... Ward? People go lots of places for lots of reasons. It doesn't make the numbers I gave you wrong. Not at all.

You can promote their corporations and their new residents, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a dent in their poverty for seniors, either.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/fastest-growing-states

As for “ 46th in the Nation in Child Welfare” what greater stat could there be to focus on the success of a state’s economy.?  ( well 50th would be the best)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11709 on: July 11, 2021, 10:58:53 PM »

Idiot.

It’s not the number or percentage of children on welfare. It’s a ranking of how well children in a given state are doing. Texas is the 5th worst of all 50 states to be a child in.

Just because you had a terrible childhood is no reason to wish one on everyone else.

You just prove how republicans can no longer think their way out of a paper bag.

No wonder you are being abandoned in an empty husk of a political party with the very worst of the gibbering lunatics and rabid sadists.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11710 on: July 11, 2021, 11:01:30 PM »

Oh boy.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/fastest-growing-states

As for “ 46th in the Nation in Child Welfare” what greater stat could there be to focus on the success of a state’s economy.?  ( well 50th would be the best)

46th in children's well-being, dolt.

It is better to be a child in 45 other states.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: July 11, 2021, 11:31:07 PM »

Idiot.

It’s not the number or percentage of children on welfare. It’s a ranking of how well children in a given state are doing. Texas is the 5th worst of all 50 states to be a child in.

Just because you had a terrible childhood is no reason to wish one on everyone else.

You just prove how republicans can no longer think their way out of a paper bag.

No wonder you are being abandoned in an empty husk of a political party with the very worst of the gibbering lunatics and rabid sadists.

This would be another time when Ward will just ignore having been wrong or perhaps even deny it.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11712 on: July 11, 2021, 11:39:22 PM »

The Conservative Death Cult .....

Shhhhh.....
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11713 on: July 11, 2021, 11:59:53 PM »

The Conservative Death Cult .....

Shhhhh.....

Kid, how do you feel about their cheering missing the vaccination goal?!

Do you sincerely believe it is a good thing to have missed it? Do you think the current path for those unvaccinated is a good one?!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11714 on: July 12, 2021, 12:51:11 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/07/11/could-genocide-really-happen-here-leading-scholar-says-america-is-on-high-alert/

Kid is thinking his white power revolution will really happen one day and that he’ll find a way to worm out of taking that taco.
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 2926