Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750885 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12390 on: July 21, 2021, 08:38:03 AM »

CDC information on vaccinations of note:

Black and Hispanic people have had persistently lower rates of vaccination compared to their White counterparts across most states. These lower vaccination rates leave Black and Hispanic people at increased risk for infection, illness, and death, particularly as new variants, like the Delta variant, spread.

Thus far, 47 percent of whites are vaccinated, and 62 percent of Asians, but Hispanics sit at a much lower 39 percent, and blacks at an even lower 34 percent.

https://www.kff.org/racial-equity-and-health-policy/issue-brief/health-coverage-by-race-and-ethnicity/

And with good reason, given how the medical profession has treated those populations over the years, Ward, not that you would even begin to accept that truth.
I see you are afflicted with preexisting racism.
It's a problem. But the reason only 47% of whites are vaccinated is because of the GOP and Fox.
LOL!  Okay I’ll add you also suffer from preexisting stupidity.

And [because there are so many more whites, it creates at least as big a problem and in some states far bigger.
LOL!
You (purposely)overlook the factor that is the elephant, er Donkey, in the room:
The concerted Biden/Harris/democrat campaign strategy of mistrusting any vaccine developed by the Trump Administration.
No wonder the public beyond the elderly hesitated when Kammy ran to the front of the Vaccination line once she was a heart beat away from the Presidency
Really?
She didn’t trust Warp Speed?
And then, Voila!, hey everybody, get vaccinated!
Except there was no "concerted effort" and that is not what Harris said about vaccines.
She said she would need more than President Cheeto-dust's word. I.e., science to weigh in.
Barrister bangs on table.  Fauci endorsed it, Harris never did until the election was over. So much for her idea of “ Science”
But it is nice to see, again, that the right wing sources you poach from have realized that they still haven't gotten an angle on Biden, and so are focusing on Harris.
Reuters, September 15, 2020.
“Let me be clear: I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump,” Biden said. “At this moment, the American people can’t either.”[/b]
Wo you have both proven and conceded my point? Cool.
If that is your take it’s no wonder the public is turning on Biden and Harris.
Still at about 53% in the polls, per 538. But then facts, like words, integrity and thinking, have never been your strong suit.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: July 21, 2021, 08:39:33 AM »

Congratulations to Jeff Bezos!
Another bright chapter is the annals of American entrepreneurship, capitalism, and a fee country built on the rule of law.
That, and paying 0 federal income taxes for 12 years.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: July 21, 2021, 08:40:48 AM »

A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: July 21, 2021, 08:42:11 AM »

I was colourblind.
Was...until, well, you know.
You realized your life was shit and looked around to find someone else to blame?
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #12394 on: July 21, 2021, 08:48:51 AM »

China could “bring the world to its knees” if it decided to cut off access, according to Dr Wilson.[/i]

If China cut access to rare earth elements,  where would it sell its products?   Bringing that world,  which consumes so many Chinese goods,  to its knees seems like pretty bad economic strategy. 

And other rare earth nations,  like Brazil and Vietnam, would likely up their production and jump into the global market,  if China tried a choke tactic. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: July 21, 2021, 09:44:05 AM »

Another bright chapter is the annals of American entrepreneurship, capitalism, and a fee country built on the rule of law.

Public company, no?

Do you have Amazon in your funds?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: July 21, 2021, 09:47:29 AM »

The Un-American has spoken:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/politics/mitch-mcconnell-debt-ceiling-republicans-democrats-reconciliation/index.html

Once again, the GOP and McConnell want to put this country at risk for partisan point scoring.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: July 21, 2021, 09:48:29 AM »

Biden

29 per cent strong approve

Unsurety in the masses.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: July 21, 2021, 09:53:32 AM »

Public company, no?

Irrelevant, Kid - the comment was about his tax paying, not Amazon's.

But Bezos only paid zero taxes in two of those dozen years, according to ProPublica's report. Further,

For the years he did pay federal income taxes between 2006 and 2018, Bezos paid a total of about $1.4 billion on a reported income of $6.5 billion, or a rate of about 21.5%. That reported income does not include the vast increase to his net worth during the same period — about $127 billion, according to Forbes — due to his stake in Amazon.

Not enough, perhaps, but a lot more than nothing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: July 21, 2021, 10:02:01 AM »

But Bezos only paid zero taxes in two of those dozen years, according to ProPublica's report. Further,

Oh, so Steve-o was just being an idiot (or grossly misinformed)

Got it

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: July 21, 2021, 10:14:48 AM »

And then there's this:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/20/media/van-jones-bezos-100-million/index.html

He's a total prick, I tell ya.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: July 21, 2021, 10:17:48 AM »

Another stalwart Un-American, Ted Cruz's move in hampering the appointment of 60 or so diplomats is objected to by his colleagues in the GOP, not just the Democrats in the Senate.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/21/politics/cruz-state-department-nominations/index.html

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: July 21, 2021, 11:03:05 AM »

Sure - news flash - not all Republicans - or Democrats - support everything the others within party do.

It's called the USA.

Members of Congress also often take stances they know will not be backed by a majority

Again - it's called THE USA.  This is how governing works.

As you were...

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: July 21, 2021, 11:12:09 AM »

Public company, no?

Irrelevant, Kid - the comment was about his tax paying, not Amazon's.

For the years he did pay federal income taxes between 2006 and 2018, Bezos paid a total of about $1.4 billion on a reported income of $6.5 billion, or a rate of about 21.5%. That reported income does not include the vast increase to his net worth during the same period — about $127 billion, according to Forbes — due to his stake in Amazon.

Not enough, perhaps, but a lot more than nothing.
You are right. I misread the article. Sorry.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: July 21, 2021, 11:12:46 AM »

I gotta watch more CSPAN.  Would have loved to see this sparring:

"Maybe it's your presidential aspirations, I don't know, but you're turning to political purposes," Menendez told Cruz toward the end of their spat, his voice rising in apparent anger. "You held over every nominee. Every nominee! I've never seen that."

Cruz cut in loudly: "I did so for a policy that, Mr. Chairman, you used to support ... that the Biden administration has deliberately undercut and given a gift to Putin and Russia."

I like Menendez, generally.
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 2924