Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751401 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13755 on: August 10, 2021, 04:39:06 PM »

I said over a year ago that Cuomo should resign.
Though I was talking about his mishandling of the CoronaVirus.
Nice side benefit is the female Lt. Gov takes over.

Btw, the US still leads the world in Total Cases, Total Deaths, New Cases, Active Cases and Serious/Critical Cases.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13756 on: August 10, 2021, 04:55:10 PM »

Btw, the US still leads the world in Total Cases, Total Deaths, New Cases, Active Cases and Serious/Critical Cases.

Why is that a "benefit"? Merely because she's a woman? Explain.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13757 on: August 10, 2021, 05:07:37 PM »

Women are smarter, Hammy.

Not sure where that leaves eunuchs like you.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13759 on: August 10, 2021, 05:10:02 PM »

As you posted yesterday, the lambda variant might be the one to watch out for.   The research on its spike proteins evading antibodies is still pending peer review, but it may be wise to quarantine any Peruvians, or tourists returned from Peru, who are entering the country.   

Silence on the lambda... must end.

100% correct.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13760 on: August 10, 2021, 05:29:32 PM »

I'd start with clarifying what "defund" means when any official says it. 
Cori Bush
So suck it up and defunding the police has to happen, we need to defund the police and put that money into social safety nets."

Back to you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 05:31:19 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13761 on: August 10, 2021, 05:29:55 PM »

"As of August 8, the [Israeli health ministry] recorded 85.6 severe COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people among the unvaccinated over the age of 60, compared to 16.3 per 100,000 people among the fully vaccinated. For those under the age of 60, the rate of severe illness among the unvaccinated stood at 1.4 cases per 100,000 people – 2.8 times more than the 0.5 per 100,000 among those who received two doses of the vaccine."

This is good news, though it is only the severe, doesn't include what Lambda is doing, and is way too early to know what their percentage among all new cases is for Long Covid.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13762 on: August 10, 2021, 05:42:08 PM »

As long as you overlook China.
And you overlook that US Capitalism leads the world in vaccines and innovative medical procedures in battling COVId.
Sorry if I rained on your dismal parade.

Holly Martins

« Reply #13763 on: August 10, 2021, 06:10:54 PM »

My guess is that the reason a majority see the Squad and other new Democrats as denigrating law enforcement is because they are absorbing the narrative of the Right, promoted widely on social media and right-leaning media outlets.  If you actually listen to what the new Dems are saying, it doesn't quite fit that narrative, but who has time to read or research, 'miright?  Just go with the soundbite!

Bad guess.

Thanks for demonstrating my point. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #13764 on: August 10, 2021, 06:25:34 PM »

Why is that a "benefit"? Merely because she's a woman? Explain.

As I pointed out this morning, she will be NY first female governor.   Milestones like that benefit society by showing young girls they can grow up and hold high office.   Each such milestone (starting with Nebraska in 1986) adds to an overall sense of power shifting away from a single class of person.   Generally showing young people that politics is open to everyone is a good thing.   It furthers the shift,  in America,  over the span of a century, away  from government composed entirely of Protestant men of western European heritage (mostly WASP).   

Holly Martins

« Reply #13765 on: August 10, 2021, 06:36:52 PM »

Cori Bush
So suck it up and defunding the police has to happen, we need to defund the police and put that money into social safety nets."

Back to you.
Your snip is without context or attribution.

A fuller explanation of her position is that she favors reallocation to community building which would reduce the need for armed enforcers but not eliminate them.   

So,  already, we arrive at the need to distinguish between elimination of police and reallocating funds so they are a smaller portion of all social services.   Which does she advocate?   Going beyond sound bites...

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13766 on: August 10, 2021, 07:08:55 PM »

Cori Bush

Back to you.
Your snip is without context or attribution.
If her words confuse you then you really are beyond English comprehension.

A fuller explanation of her position is that she favors reallocation to community building which would reduce the need for armed enforcers but not eliminate them.   

So,  already, we arrive at the need to distinguish between elimination of police and reallocating funds so they are a smaller portion of all social services.   Which does she advocate?   Going beyond sound bites...
The police Department is not a social service. It’s job is law enforcement. Cori Bush has no connection to its purpose or its responsibilities to municipalities and local governments.
You always have been at sea over
our system of Federalism.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 07:12:53 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Holly Martins

« Reply #13767 on: August 10, 2021, 07:25:14 PM »

The police Department is not a social service. It’s job is law enforcement.

So protecting the public is not a service to society?   Apprehension of criminals is not a service to society?   That's an interesting definition,  and seems debatable.

Cori Bush has no connection to its purpose or its responsibilities to municipalities and local governments....

So she's NOT representing a congressional district in St.  Louis??   And what those constituents want from those assigned to protect them and keep the peace?   Wow,  that's a fascinating take on democracy!   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13768 on: August 10, 2021, 07:34:04 PM »

The police Department is not a social service. It’s job is law enforcement.

So protecting the public is not a service to society?   Apprehension of criminals is not a service to society?   That's an interesting definition,  and seems debatable.
Debatable how?

Cori Bush has no connection to its purpose or its responsibilities to municipalities and local governments....

So she's NOT representing a congressional district in St.  Louis??   And what those constituents want from those assigned to protect them and keep the peace?   Wow,  that's a fascinating take on democracy!
Only to you.  See previous reply.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 07:46:32 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13769 on: August 10, 2021, 07:49:05 PM »

If fascinating can encompass baseless, irrational, dangerous, and ludicrous, I find your take fascinating as well.

It’s the sheer ignorant inconsistency of you positions that fascinates the most, Red.
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 2924