Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751335 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13800 on: August 11, 2021, 11:56:38 AM »

What Bo doesn't say was that while China did a very good job containing the virus in country, they were wholly indifferent to the rest of the world getting infected and suffering due to their actions, and lied and covered up their complicity and allowed the virus to spread globally.

Mostly an incorrect appraisal.  Local officials largely covered things up, partly because a big political confab was scheduled.  Mistakes were made in not understanding how transmissible the virus was.  A culture of secrecy and not taking responsibility.  Etc.   But China reacted once the scope of the Wuhan outbreak became clear. 

LMAO

Yet you agree with my point that there was a cover-up of the problem. You imply that the cover-up was only among local officials, however given the very fast transmissability of the disease, 2 days-10 days, the situation particularly among Chinese doctors and scientists was certainly known pretty damn quick in early January 2020. And given the nature of centralized governing and party control in China I suspect the damning info re covid was quickly communicated to party hierarchy.
THEY FUCKING KNEW.

That you say "mistakes" were made excuses a lot of complicity in the suffering and death of millions around the world. 

Trump fucked-up, in all sorts of ways, but let's not pretend China was a good global citizen. They prioritized stopping the virus's spread in China, which is as it should be, BUT it seemed they were far less concerned and indifferent to the global chaos that ensued.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13801 on: August 11, 2021, 11:58:51 AM »

Clearly the issue of defunding or not defunding the police (as well as what it means) involves national politicians in the Senate, the House, and the White House.

How do I know that?

Because Senator Tuberville put forth an amendment calling for punishment of communities that defund their police,

Senator Booker was excited about that proposed amendment:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/08/11/cory-booker-tommy-tuberville-defund-the-police-newday-vpx.cnn
I'm sure Coach Tuberville can draw up a game plan, but I assume that Red is embarrassed by good coach's grasp of federalism.

I was really hoping that Sen Booker ended his comments directed at Coach Tuberville, with a hearty, "War Eagle!"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13803 on: August 11, 2021, 12:06:45 PM »

I am Xi Jinping  and I approved the above message.

中共中央主要负责人

So ya got nothing ...

Explain to me why China was expected to snuff out a previously unknown coronavirus that appeared without warning.  While the US had a month and a half or more to prepare, knowing what was coming, and yet was still was completely unable to stop transmission?

It's a good point you make.

Doesn't address the lying....

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13804 on: August 11, 2021, 12:08:25 PM »

Guys, the time for this petty bickering is past.

We face a global problem like none before it.

The climate crisis?

Nah!

Alien invasion!!!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/aliens-land-earth-tomorrow-star-24730033

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13805 on: August 11, 2021, 12:35:22 PM »

Also, this is when, during a GOP administration, Ward would be popping in to boast about the DJIA and record territory: 35,443.72 at the moment.

Higher percentage increase at this point during Biden's term than the same point during Trump's term.

Must be fake news again, huh?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13806 on: August 11, 2021, 01:05:34 PM »

Why is the dude lyin on MSNBC?

"Some (FLA) districts are requiring the masks in their schools with NO opt out."
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13807 on: August 11, 2021, 01:09:06 PM »

Also, this is when, during a GOP administration, Ward would be popping in to boast about the DJIA and record territory: 35,443.72 at the moment.

Higher percentage increase at this point during Biden's term than the same point during Trump's term.

The inflation isn’t.
All economic gains in wages have been wiped out under Biden.
I’m betting his staggering spending bills will get nixed by nervous legislators over the mid terms.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #13808 on: August 11, 2021, 01:09:29 PM »

What now, geniuses?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-supreme-court-allows-for-arrest-of-democrats-who-dont-show-up-to-legislature

There are some really nice, affordable AirBnB places south of DC.  We stayed at one that had yurts, and an amazing breakfast selection for the price. 

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13809 on: August 11, 2021, 01:15:29 PM »

Of 3,105 deaths from all causes among the 12 million or so people under 18 in England between March 2020 and February 2021, 25 were attributable to COVID-19 — a rate of about 2 for every million people in this age range. None had asthma or type-1 diabetes, the authors note, and about half had conditions that put them at a higher risk than healthy children of dying from any cause.

TWO.

Per MILLION.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01897-w

Holly Martins

« Reply #13810 on: August 11, 2021, 01:17:41 PM »

Clearly the issue of defunding or not defunding the police (as well as what it means) involves national politicians in the Senate, the House, and the White House.

How do I know that?

Because Senator Tuberville put forth an amendment calling for punishment of communities that defund their police,

Senator Booker was excited about that proposed amendment:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/08/11/cory-booker-tommy-tuberville-defund-the-police-newday-vpx.cnn
I'm sure Coach Tuberville can draw up a game plan, but I assume that Red is embarrassed by good coach's grasp of federalism.

Upgrading public understanding of Federalism is not Red's agenda here.  It is more a crusade.  Of one. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #13811 on: August 11, 2021, 01:18:23 PM »

It wasn't like the Wuhan Institute had a bat mobile (har) with which they could zoom out into the hot zone and save the day like caped superheroes.

I don't see why that would have helped.

Holly Martins

« Reply #13812 on: August 11, 2021, 01:20:32 PM »

When Nobel prizewinning economists pointed out, during the Trump admin, that the DJIA was a poor indicator of economic health, Red scoffed.  Today, he will embrace them, and laud their brilliance. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13813 on: August 11, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »

Of 3,105 deaths from all causes among the 12 million or so people under 18 in England between March 2020 and February 2021, 25 were attributable to COVID-19 — a rate of about 2 for every million people in this age range. None had asthma or type-1 diabetes, the authors note, and about half had conditions that put them at a higher risk than healthy children of dying from any cause.

TWO.

Per MILLION.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01897-w

Note the dates, Kid.

When did Delta come to the fore? It was identified in December, but it wasn't even big news until after that study's data accumulation.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13814 on: August 11, 2021, 01:23:05 PM »

So, if this is not just political, why are STATES - schools OK with a simple mask and not requiring (and paying for) the more effective N95/KN95?
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 2924