Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750860 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14070 on: August 14, 2021, 04:58:55 PM »

In Israel, "Over half of Thursday's confirmed cases, 53%, were identified in individuals who had been vaccinated for the disease, the Health Ministry said, while 43% of those who tested positive were unvaccinated. Two percent were in the process of inoculation, while 1% had already recovered from the virus. "

Vision and interviews of this were shown on my tv last night.
An Israeli doctor said that the vaccine loses some of its effectiveness after 5 months, and that they are giving a third jab, of Pfizer, as a booster to see if that helps.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 05:38:26 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14071 on: August 14, 2021, 05:37:12 PM »

Biden sending 5000 MORE US troops to Afghanistan.
What a mess.
The Biden/Obama clueless foreign policy marches on.
We must be the laughing stock of our allies.

No laughing stock of your allies...especially from C.O.W. countries...they believe 20 years was enough...and have left.
It's not easy for American presidents/admins trying to save the West/democracies from takeover/destruction.
Obama was surprised, shocked even, when he visited Australia...don't know where he thought he was going, maybe to some "Dumb, drunk, racist, backward" land. 
He visited the Nationl War Memorial...and seemed genuinely surprised and humbled by what he saw.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14072 on: August 14, 2021, 05:39:51 PM »

US Embassy in Afghanistan tells staff to destroy sensitive materials

Turn out the lights, primitives rule. No more American-allies deaths. Just too big a jump from big Mo to Jesus.

You don’t get it, do you?

THIS ISN’T CHRISTIANITY VERSUS ISLAM!

This is like having the followers of Westboro Baptist Church taking over the USA state by state.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14073 on: August 14, 2021, 06:23:46 PM »

If Biden gets us out and there’s still a USA somewhere down the line, he’s done better than the leadership of the last several empires adventurous enough to stick their nose in. Time will tell.

If you want to help the survival of the USA, and of free people anywhere, punch a fascist.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14074 on: August 14, 2021, 06:51:46 PM »

What a mess.

Sending the troops to Afghanistan to evacuate American embassy staff, "that's all".
Biden said America went there to get Osama bin Laden, and that had been achieved.
Seems that the Coalition Of the Willing decided they'd been there for 20 years, bin Laden was dead, that enough of their precious children had died in the process, and it was time for the govt and army/people of Afghanistan to fight for their own freedom.
Instead of fighting, they just gave up and surrendered.
And so there is what there is.
If I were a young C.O.W. / US soldier, would I feel like staying there risking my life a minute longer?
No.

Our allies were laughing at Trump for 5 years.

NOW Ward comments.

Hilarious.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14075 on: August 14, 2021, 06:56:27 PM »

Red got a tax cut.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #14076 on: August 14, 2021, 07:03:24 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/14/us/afghanistan-biden.html

Solid analysis of why we weren't going to ever fix Afghanistan.   We got about the same results that Britain and USSR got.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Holly Martins

« Reply #14077 on: August 14, 2021, 07:12:08 PM »

If there is a consistent theme over two decades of war in Afghanistan, it is the overestimation of the results of the $83 billion the United States has spent since 2001 training and equipping the Afghan security forces and an underestimation of the brutal, wily strategy of the Taliban. The Pentagon had issued dire warnings to Mr. Biden even before he took office about the potential for the Taliban to overrun the Afghan army, but intelligence estimates, now shown to have badly missed the mark, assessed it might happen in 18 months, not weeks.

Commanders did know that the afflictions of the Afghan forces had never been cured: the deep corruption, the failure by the government to pay many Afghan soldiers and police officers for months, the defections, the soldiers sent to the front without adequate food and water, let alone arms. In the past several days, the Afghan forces have steadily collapsed as they battled to defend ever shrinking territory, losing Mazar-i-Sharif, the country’s economic engine, to the Taliban on Saturday.

Mr. Biden’s aides say that the persistence of those problems reinforced his belief that the United States could not prop up the Afghan government and military in perpetuity. In Oval Office meetings this spring, he told aides that staying another year, or even five, would not make a substantial difference and was not worth the risks....   

Yep.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14078 on: August 14, 2021, 07:31:41 PM »

What a mess.

Sending the troops to Afghanistan to evacuate American embassy staff, "that's all".
Biden said America went there to get Osama bin Laden, and that had been achieved.
Seems that the Coalition Of the Willing decided they'd been there for 20 years, bin Laden was dead, that enough of their precious children had died in the process, and it was time for the govt and army/people of Afghanistan to fight for their own freedom.
If I were a young C.O.W. / US soldier, would I feel like staying there risking my life a minute longer?
No.

NOW Ward comments.

Hilarious.
That was a defense of Biden/Obama?
LOL!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14079 on: August 14, 2021, 07:59:36 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14080 on: August 14, 2021, 08:40:38 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/14/us/memphis-fake-vaccination-cards-us-border-patrol/index.html

Thousands of fake vax cards coming into Memphis from China...

Best to design and make one's own Vax cards.
The app system is probably the most secure....digital card along with other photo ID.

Plenty of fake things come out of China...fake promises not the only things.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14082 on: August 14, 2021, 08:59:02 PM »

What a mess.

No.

NOW Ward comments.

Hilarious.
That was a defense of Biden/Obama?
LOL!

Obama didn’t get rid of the Taliban allies in the United States, the republican party. Biden still has time and all the more reason to get it done and bury the beastly GOP.

There’s your answer, Red, you dirty shoe bomber.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14083 on: August 14, 2021, 09:00:55 PM »

Any corrupt fundie making money pushing deadly drugs is a natural republican.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14084 on: August 14, 2021, 09:01:38 PM »

In Rambo 3, Omar Sharif (rebels leader) explained that the Mujahideen believe they are dead already, so they don't worry about dying.
Afghanistan now returns to the stone age...while some US Allies get ready for war with China. China is threatening war with Taiwan.
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 2924