Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750990 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14340 on: August 18, 2021, 11:58:58 AM »

More for Kid and Ward to ignore:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/politics/mark-esper-donald-trump-taliban-afghanistan-cnntv/index.html

You are correct

Deserves to be ignored

Washington (CNN)Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday that he was concerned that then-President Donald Trump "undermined" the US' 2020 agreement with the Taliban by pushing for US forces to leave Afghanistan without the Taliban meeting the conditions of the deal.

The Trump administration's "Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan" outlined a series of commitments from the US and the Taliban related to troop levels, counterterrorism and intra-Afghan dialogue aimed at bringing about "a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire."
But, Esper told CNN's Christiane Amanpour, "my concern was that President Trump, by continuing to want to withdraw American forces out of Afghanistan, undermined the agreement, which is why in the fall when he was calling for a return of US forces by Christmas, I objected and formally wrote a letter to him, a memo based on recommendations from the military chain of command and my senior civilian leadership that we not go further -- that we not reduce below 4,500 troops unless and until conditions were met by the Taliban."

Where is Joe, ? by  the way.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14341 on: August 18, 2021, 12:06:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/politics/mark-esper-donald-trump-taliban-afghanistan-cnntv/index.html

You are correct

Deserves to be ignored

Washington (CNN)Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday that he was concerned that then-President Donald Trump "undermined" the US' 2020 agreement with the Taliban by pushing for US forces to leave Afghanistan without the Taliban meeting the conditions of the deal.

The Trump administration's "Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan" outlined a series of commitments from the US and the Taliban related to troop levels, counterterrorism and intra-Afghan dialogue aimed at bringing about "a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire."
But, Esper told CNN's Christiane Amanpour, "my concern was that President Trump, by continuing to want to withdraw American forces out of Afghanistan, undermined the agreement, which is why in the fall when he was calling for a return of US forces by Christmas, I objected and formally wrote a letter to him, a memo based on recommendations from the military chain of command and my senior civilian leadership that we not go further -- that we not reduce below 4,500 troops unless and until conditions were met by the Taliban."

Not golfing at Mar A Lago or anger tweeting from the shitter.

Jesus, is that the best your web based masters can do? That he is working from home?
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14342 on: August 18, 2021, 12:39:42 PM »

You are correct

Deserves to be ignored

Jesus, is that the best your web based masters can do? That he is working from home?
The New York Times reports intelligence sources who claimed by July their reports seriously questioned the Afghan military’s ability to resist the Taliban, even as Biden was telling reporters at the White House that it was unlikely that the government would fall.

Wow!
No wonder he is in hiding.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #14343 on: August 18, 2021, 12:52:48 PM »

You are correct

Deserves to be ignored

The New York Times reports intelligence sources who claimed by July their reports seriously questioned the Afghan military’s ability to resist the Taliban, even as Biden was telling reporters at the White House that it was unlikely that the government would fall.

Wow!
Jesus, is that the best your internet masters can do? Complain that he is working from home?
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14344 on: August 18, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »

Where is Joe?

Nowhere near the Saudi’s glowing orb.

Not trying to get a hotel in Moscow.

Not penning love letters to Little Rocket Man.

Not peddling UV enemas or rectal bleach.

Joe is cleaning up after the incompetent, illegitimate, insurrectionists who preceded his team. 

Joe is wherever real leaders go when they are busy running the country.

Don’t ask trumpers where that is. They won’t know.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 12:59:36 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #14345 on: August 18, 2021, 01:00:55 PM »

Where is Joe?

Joe is cleaning up after the incompetent, illegitimate, insurrectionists who preceded his team. 

Not enjoying a golden shower in an entrapment suite at a Moscow hotel.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14346 on: August 18, 2021, 01:02:35 PM »

Sounds like Trump listened to his generals, where Joe has not - putting us in the current quagmire

But in the end Joe will be the guy who got us out.  Down in history, I guess.  Assuming we don't go back at some level, as we probably should.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14347 on: August 18, 2021, 01:04:13 PM »

Where is Joe?

Not enjoying a golden shower in an entrapment suite at a Moscow hotel.

Oh, Lordy…

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14349 on: August 18, 2021, 01:07:54 PM »

You are correct

Deserves to be ignored

Wow!
Jesus, is that the best your internet masters can do? Complain that he is working from home?

I dont have a problem with it

Presidents are always apprised and available, even when on vacation.  I said as much with the previous guy.  Wasn't met kindly....but...whatever.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Oilcan

• View Profile
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #14352 on: August 18, 2021, 01:26:15 PM »

Sounds like Trump listened to his generals, where Joe has not - putting us in the current quagmire

Wrong.

Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday that he was concerned that then-President Donald Trump "undermined" the US' 2020 agreement with the Taliban by pushing for US forces to leave Afghanistan without the Taliban meeting the conditions of the deal.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14353 on: August 18, 2021, 01:35:17 PM »

You are correct

Deserves to be ignored

Wow!

Oh shut the fuck up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/07/news/rumsfeld-rejects-planto-allow-mullah-omar-to-live-in-dignity-taliban.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14354 on: August 18, 2021, 01:47:17 PM »

These doses will be rushed into the arms of 16-40 year olds.

Tony's photo of Ms Jaberi made me yearn for the days when I could be rushed into the arms of 16-40 year olds.

You can be,  it's simple...buy a boat, hold parties, splash the cash

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 2924