Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751377 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14775 on: August 24, 2021, 12:58:02 PM »

Roughly one in four Americans would not cross the street to kick a republican in the face.

This is more than the one in ten restaurant servers who report not spitting in the food of customers they suspect of being republicans.

One in fourteen republicans know what country they are living in and can identify it on a map.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: August 24, 2021, 12:58:28 PM »

Vatican News

1 hour ·

The Economy of Francesco launches a global march for Afghan women to be held on 28 August, to shine the spotlight on their plight amid the recent Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.

------------------------

We must all get out and march for the women of Afghanistan, and for the people of Afghanistan.

Salute,

Tony V.

The Taliban would just laugh.
Sovereign nation with new govt recognised by the UN.
The majority seem quite happy with Sharia law, dancing boys, and everything else that comes with Sharia law and Taliban governance.
The UN, seemingly run by China and Russia...Trump said it was useless.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Holly Martins

« Reply #14777 on: August 24, 2021, 01:02:40 PM »

Arguing against, say,  vaccination passports or a government mandate is not arguing against getting the shot.

Why do most states require HepA,  MMR,  and Meningococcal vaccines,  and there is only a tiny group objecting to the government mandates for them?  What's different about them that we aren't seeing widespread public demonstrations against inoculation requirements? 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: August 24, 2021, 01:05:36 PM »

Arguing against, say,  vaccination passports or a government mandate is not arguing against getting the shot.

Why do most states require HepA,  MMR,  and Meningococcal vaccines,  and there is only a tiny group objecting to the government mandates for them?  What's different about them that we aren't seeing widespread public demonstrations against inoculation requirements?
I don’t know.
What does that have to my point.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: August 24, 2021, 01:11:50 PM »

Jumped up jerk Taliban spokesman was shown on tv making the threat.

Actually he just answered the question, "would you give the US an extension of the August 31 date"?

He said no.

I guess you consider this a threat.  But diplomacy is currently taking place - off this statement.

YouTube
"Taliban threatens US of consequences if Troops Stay Beyond Deadline of August  31"
I consider it a threat. So do others.
Should send Taliban the message I suggested...and add the words....."we know where you live, and we'll light up your world like the 4th of July".
Bombs and missiles are the only things the Taliban iunderstand.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 01:14:44 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: August 24, 2021, 01:13:27 PM »

Bambu is hoping that nuclear weapons are deployed.  He might even emerge from his basement to see the sky lit up.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Holly Martins

« Reply #14782 on: August 24, 2021, 01:13:43 PM »

The Taliban is still allowing foreign nationals to leave, Mujahid said, but the group is stopping Afghan nationals from reaching the airport on grounds it is dangerous and their skills are needed to rebuild the country. “We are asking the Americans please change your policy and don’t encourage Afghans to leave,” he said.  (--WaPo)

Though I would be in that group fleeing,  I can credit the Taliban with enough brains to realize that they are (like many oppressors in many places,  historically) driving out the smart and skilled people.   The question is,  if you can enforce their remaining, can you make them support your brand of rebuild and put forth their best efforts?   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: August 24, 2021, 01:19:50 PM »

We are not going to tolerate the Taliban, they are not legitimate, and when Biden asked them for more time then they said "No." They are going to piss people off, and we are going to remove them, and Afghanistan can have a fair and free election.

I saw the Taliban shooting protesters on the television news, we need to arm the protesters so they can fight against the Taliban.

And if we go back in then we need to help them to have a good peace-time economy, and we just need to ignore the people who protest against Afghanistan having a  good peace-time economy.

We still control the airport, we need to send the United Nations and others in to help the people of Afghanistan to have a free and fair election. And we can help them to establish a great peace-time economy.

And here is what Christians are all about...

---

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

- Galatians 5:22-23
-----------

We are not evil people. And we are taught to love our neighbors.

We want to give them happiness, and peace, and prosperity.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: August 24, 2021, 01:24:00 PM »

Bambu is hoping that nuclear weapons are deployed.  He might even emerge from his basement to see the sky lit up.

Nah, not in this case.
Start letting the Taliban attack the US and others at will without reply is crazy.
Conventional bombs and small missiles would do.

Should be threatening China with nukes though if it invades Australia and /or other nations.
With one million plus troops and every missile known to man, China would walk into Australia with ease.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 01:30:43 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: August 24, 2021, 01:28:20 PM »

We are not going to tolerate the Taliban, they are not legitimate, and when Biden asked them for more time then they said "No." They are going to piss people off, and we are going to remove them, and Afghanistan can have a fair and free election.

I saw the Taliban shooting protesters on the television news, we need to arm the protesters so they can fight against the Taliban.

And if we go back in then we need to help them to have a good peace-time economy, and we just need to ignore the people who protest against Afghanistan having a  good peace-time economy.

We still control the airport, we need to send the United Nations and others in to help the people of Afghanistan to have a free and fair election. And we can help them to establish a great peace-time economy.

And here is what Christians are all about...

---

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

- Galatians 5:22-23
-----------

We are not evil people. And we are taught to love our neighbors.

We want to give them happiness, and peace, and prosperity.

Salute,

Tony V.

Taliban are not Christians....enough said.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: August 24, 2021, 01:31:45 PM »

Tony

You bring up many interesting and provocative points, on several subjects.   

But I have a question or two.

In a world of competing demands for resources, how do you prioritize your several wishes, wishes that will likely require tax-payer funding?

The US spent about $2+ trillion dollars over the past 20 years in Afghanistan, should we commit another $2 trillion to keep the Taliban out of Afghanistan and promote cotton farming and sheep herding? Or would the $2 trillion be better spent on the rail service you'd like to see in California or the subsidized housing and medical services for aging and out of work Hollywood employees you often promote? 

Do you think cotton that nets the Afghan farmer for example a $0.50 a pound, can compete with opium that sells for hundreds of times that amount?

Should we send our out of work and homeless Hollywood Christian people to Afghanistan, to help farm and herd and spread the word of Jesus?

Do you see any moral inconsistencies in advocating marching for Afghanistan women's rights while also pimping them out by sexually objectifying and exploiting them in Playboy?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Bankshot   
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 01:34:07 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: August 24, 2021, 01:38:51 PM »

RIP Charlie Watts, the coolest cat in rock and roll.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: August 24, 2021, 01:40:57 PM »

Keith Richards lives.  Amazing.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: August 24, 2021, 01:41:35 PM »

Many people in the world don't like America's death chambers...but can't do much about them as the US is a sovereign nation.
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 2924