Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750890 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14790 on: August 24, 2021, 01:46:25 PM »

RIP Charlie Watts, the coolest cat in rock and roll.

Fuck!

He seemed like the most normal of the Stones and a great drummer.

I once shared an elevator with Jagger and Watts and their bodyguards and was too intimidated to just say "thank you" for all the smiles they game me.

And i should have.

RIP Charlie.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: August 24, 2021, 01:49:54 PM »

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: August 24, 2021, 01:51:20 PM »

Hi Banks, first of all, I had a lot of respect for Hugh Hefner, and he did a lot for women and for women's rights. Hef was a great man. Playboy could help the women of Afghanistan, though the magazine is not as great now without Hef. Playboy can help the women of Afghanistan, and many soldiers read Playboy.

And yes, I support marching on August 28 in support of the women of Afghanistan and of the people of Afghanistan.

On the issue of the farming, and the peace-time economy, we can bring in Spain to help, and others, and the Catholic church, we can send them ships full of seeds, and farming equipment, and ships full of sheep. We can tell the people of Afghanistan that we want peace, and as a token of peace here are some seeds, and equipment, and sheep, etc. The world can all pitch in and we can send whatever we can to help the people of Afghanistan to have a good peace-time economy. The farmers in Oregon can help, the John Deere company can help, Spain can help, and others. We can help the people of Afghanistan to have a good peace-time economy and we can let them know that we are good people who care, we are loving people.

And we saw that paying contractors in Afghanistan did not work, we need to bring in the people who care enough to work for free without profit, like with the people of Kiwanis who volunteer for free to help others. We need to bring in the volunteers, including the Catholics.

On the issue of heroin, we need to stop it. In my neighborhood we have a lot of heroin addicts, it is bad. We need to get them to grow cotton, etc, instead of poppy. And Egypt grows cotton, we can get Afghanistan to grow cotton too. We need to do what is right, instead of just doing what makes the most money. We need to do the right thing.

We need to do the right thing in Afghanistan, and we can create a good peaceful environment in Afghanistan.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 02:01:52 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14793 on: August 24, 2021, 01:55:28 PM »

I used to think that China was our biggest enemy for stealing our jobs.

Being able to work and to be able to make an honest living is the most important thing for a man, a man needs to be able to work to support his family. Being on welfare kills the souls of men. Men need to be able to succeed in business and to be able to support a family. By stealing our jobs China is hurting America. That was my biggest issue. I did not even know who the Taliban was and I did not care about the Muslims, I was worried about China and the communists stealing our jobs. 

Then, I ended up living in Malibu and one of my roommates was the daughter of a general in China, and we talked a lot. She learned English and she moved to live in Malibu, in spite of her privilege in China. So, I had a roommate for a year who was the daughter of a Chinese general, and she was great, she was cool. She was not my enemy, we got along great. I have no problem with the people of China, I do not want to be enemies with them, and we can have peaceful business, business is not war, we can all do business and support our families. But, the people of China need to start buying our stuff. They need to pay their workers fair, and they need to allow Americans to sell products to the Chinese people.

Our people need jobs too.

Like with a Native American Indian on a reservation, welfare kills the souls of men. Men need to be able to work and earn a living and to be able to support their families. 

Salute,

Tony V.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: August 24, 2021, 01:59:46 PM »

Tony,  you know poppies can also be grown to supply legitimate pharmaceuticals,  around the world,  right?   I've had three close relatives who were able to interact with us  coherently and pass away relatively peacefully thanks to derivatives of the poppy plant. 

And,  as was pointed out,  Afghanistan has something like ten million sheep,  and is a major producer of woolen products,  so I think they're not hurting for sheep.   Which would be baaaad.

As for Hefner,  he promotes a demeaning view of women,  and is about as much use to women's rights as Hitler was to Jewish rights.   
Im on the pavement

Oilcan

• View Profile
Im on the pavement

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: August 24, 2021, 02:06:35 PM »

Oil, certainly we can allow legal pharmaceuticals.

And we need to get them into legal farming, etc. We can all pitch in to help.

Hef was a great man, and he did a lot for women and for women's rights. And Hef loved and adored women. Playboy could help the women of Afghanistan, although the magazine is not as great now that Hef is gone.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: August 24, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »

I'd be interested in hearing what women had to say about Hefner doing "a lot for women and for women's rights."
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14798 on: August 24, 2021, 02:28:08 PM »

I used to think that China was our biggest enemy for stealing our jobs.

Being able to work and to be able to make an honest living is the most important thing for a man, a man needs to be able to work to support his family. Being on welfare kills the souls of men. Men need to be able to succeed in business and to be able to support a family. By stealing our jobs China is hurting America. That was my biggest issue. I did not even know who the Taliban was and I did not care about the Muslims, I was worried about China and the communists stealing our jobs.

Then, I ended up living in Malibu and one of my roommates was the daughter of a general in China, and we talked a lot. She learned English and she moved to live in Malibu, in spite of her privilege in China. So, I had a roommate for a year who was the daughter of a Chinese general, and she was great, she was cool. She was not my enemy, we got along great. I have no problem with the people of China, I do not want to be enemies with them, and we can have peaceful business, business is not war, we can all do business and support our families. But, the people of China need to start buying our stuff. They need to pay their workers fair, and they need to allow Americans to sell products to the Chinese people.

Our people need jobs too.

Like with a Native American Indian on a reservation, welfare kills the souls of men. Men need to be able to work and earn a living and to be able to support their families.

Salute,

Tony V.

The souls of men are being destroyed more every day in the world today.
Automation, cheap labor outsourcing companies, cheap labor are king.
Oh, and "toxic masculinity" is preached far and wide.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: August 24, 2021, 02:30:28 PM »

80. He was 80. Fuck I'm old.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #14800 on: August 24, 2021, 02:33:55 PM »

I'd be interested in hearing what women had to say about Hefner doing "a lot for women and for women's rights."

This subject,  What Hugh Hefner Did for Women's Rights, seems to cry out for a Hairy Lime Press monograph. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: August 24, 2021, 03:00:29 PM »

I think Hefner's contribution to among other things, the 60s sexual revolution, which includes birth control and women's choice, and which in many regards was a liberating factor from a "keep them bare-foot and pregnant" in fact empowered women to have a sex life and a career and be single if they so chose in the 1960s.

But yeah tits in a centerfold is really fucking sexist.

Today.

And fwiw equating Hefner and women to Hitler and Jews is fucking ridiculous.

Awesome perspective.

Sometimes you woke motherfuckers should take a fucking nap.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 03:22:13 PM by bankshot1 »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: August 24, 2021, 03:09:09 PM »

This subject,  What Hugh Hefner Did for Women's Rights, seems to cry out for a Hairy Lime Press monograph.
352 pages, each bearing the two words and punctuation mark, "Da fuck?"
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14803 on: August 24, 2021, 03:26:53 PM »

80. He was 80. Fuck I'm old.

Speaking of old, this is a clip of a Richard Belzer standup from 1978.

He parodies the Stones, wedding band renditions of the Stones and a bit about a geriatric Bob Dylan.

He made Dr. Ruth laugh so hard she cried when he did the Dylan bit while she was in hair and makeup.

His show, Hot Properties along with her show and Regis Philbin’s Lifestyles taped at MTI studios where I had my first official gig in show biz as a production assistant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q3WZurhdYY
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: August 24, 2021, 03:35:31 PM »

The Peace Corps volunteers can help in Afghanistan to help to expand farming in Afghanistan, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_Corps

We need to bring in more volunteers who are doing things to help people, instead of just doing it for money.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 2924