Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751676 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14850 on: August 25, 2021, 10:52:31 AM »

CNN reporter tweet about Pelosi.

“I asked Pelosi about the deal she reached with moderates when she walked off the House floor.

"What deal?” she responded. "They wanted clarification about how we go forward and that's what we did."

Yeah, I throw tantrums when Democrats do stupid shit but these 9 MMD flexed and slung a bunch of bullshit at the Speaker.

For what?

Make no mistake, they were carrying water for the multi-faced US Chamber of Commerce, and the other folks who don’t like the tax policies in the Big Fucking Reconciliation Bill. These folks figure if the bi-partisan deal passes the House right away then the big bill can be whittled down so that it no longer would be the agent of societal transformation. So Gottheimer took a shot.

Yeah... no.

Boss Pelosi treated them the way Michael Corleone dismissed Senator Geary.

So...Pelosi is a mob boss.

I see.

And a damn good one... if you want to be literal and see the US House of Representatives as rival mobs.

You hated adults joining the conversation. And Nancy carries your water. Got it.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14851 on: August 25, 2021, 11:43:30 AM »

“I asked Pelosi about the deal she reached with moderates when she walked off the House floor.

"What deal?” she responded. "They wanted clarification about how we go forward and that's what we did."

Yeah, I throw tantrums when Democrats do stupid shit but these 9 MMD flexed and slung a bunch of bullshit at the Speaker.

For what?

Make no mistake, they were carrying water for the multi-faced US Chamber of Commerce, and the other folks who don’t like the tax policies in the Big Fucking Reconciliation Bill. These folks figure if the bi-partisan deal passes the House right away then the big bill can be whittled down so that it no longer would be the agent of societal transformation. So Gottheimer took a shot.

Yeah... no.

I see.

And a damn good one... if you want to be literal and see the US House of Representatives as rival mobs.

You hated adults joining the conversation. And Nancy carries your water. Got it.

That
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: August 25, 2021, 12:11:08 PM »

For what?

Yeah... no.

I see.

That

It seems that being obtuse comes naturally to you.

Your fear and loathing for anyone who asks questions about your agenda is noted.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: August 25, 2021, 12:27:11 PM »

Your fear and loathing for anyone who asks questions about your agenda is noted.
In the Venn Diagram showing Utter Lack of Self Awareness, Pot/Kettle and Self Own, this is dead center of the overlap.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: August 25, 2021, 12:36:53 PM »

The unintended consequences of outlawing plastic bags: https://news.yahoo.com/cotton-tote-crisis-122835987.html

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: August 25, 2021, 12:47:21 PM »

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3817

Floridians polled about COVID-19, the surge, and their governor's role in things.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: August 25, 2021, 01:24:59 PM »

Funny how not a single house republican believes his party can win a fair or free election.

The fair part is what's concerning
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 01:26:32 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Holly Martins

« Reply #14857 on: August 25, 2021, 01:36:21 PM »

The unintended consequences of outlawing plastic bags: https://news.yahoo.com/cotton-tote-crisis-122835987.html

The last part of the article, pointing towards solutions, was useful stuff.   Also worth noting that many thrift stores take cotton material and sell it to companies for rag fiber (used in paper-making, Green brands of house insulation, and other areas where fibers are usable).  Also worth noting that plastic nanoparticles are now known to represent a massive threat to both ocean life (including our leading oxygen producers, the phytoplankton) and land-based ecosystems.  Nanoparticles are presently being found in human tissue and our food supply.  The article understates this a bit.  The urgent need to reduce this outweighs some problems with cotton, and there is no reason we can't also use other less-problematic fibers (like hemp, as the article noted, or recycled fibers) for our tote bags.  And yes, damned good call at the end there:  not every purchase requires a bag. 

But what's the other big culprit not mentioned?  Mother Fucking Water Bottles.  Just get a refillable steel bottle.  Fill it with tap water.  (the bottled water is just tap water from somewhere else.  If you think you local water is bad, then take a jug to the supermarket, many which have those distilled water machines, and fill it there)   Single-serving meals.  Try brands like Amy's - the bowls are made from plant fibers, instead of polyethylene. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14858 on: August 25, 2021, 01:42:36 PM »

Funny how not a single house republican believes his party can win a fair or free election.

Yeah, black people voting in numbers big enough to defeat the GOP ain
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 01:52:38 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14859 on: August 25, 2021, 01:44:03 PM »

The last part of the article, pointing towards solutions, was useful stuff.   Also worth noting that many thrift stores take cotton material and sell it to companies for rag fiber (used in paper-making, Green brands of house insulation, and other areas where fibers are usable).  Also worth noting that plastic nanoparticles are now known to represent a massive threat to both ocean life (including our leading oxygen producers, the phytoplankton) and land-based ecosystems.  Nanoparticles are presently being found in human tissue and our food supply.  The article understates this a bit.  The urgent need to reduce this outweighs some problems with cotton, and there is no reason we can't also use other less-problematic fibers (like hemp, as the article noted, or recycled fibers) for our tote bags.  And yes, damned good call at the end there:  not every purchase requires a bag. 

But what's the other big culprit not mentioned?  Mother Fucking Water Bottles.  Just get a refillable steel bottle.  Fill it with tap water.  (the bottled water is just tap water from somewhere else.  If you think you local water is bad, then take a jug to the supermarket, many which have those distilled water machines, and fill it there)   Single-serving meals.  Try brands like Amy's - the bowls are made from plant fibers, instead of polyethylene.

Worry about yourself.  Stop dictating.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14860 on: August 25, 2021, 01:45:05 PM »

For what?

Yeah... no.

I see.

That

It seems that being obtuse comes naturally to you.

I was in the middle of posting a sneering riposte when my dog insisted on going out.

Priorities, ya know.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14861 on: August 25, 2021, 01:47:38 PM »

Not really. There has been nothing to show that the current system has a fairness issue. Other than Repos thin the wrong kind of registered voters are voting.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: August 25, 2021, 02:09:41 PM »

Since Laura Ingraham didn't understand ...my world's covid restrictions and lockdowns...and was mocking them...the daily new case nos of covid delta
have trebled, to nearly 1000 per day. Most days several people die from it.
Some who contract it and survive *will* be left with scarred lungs and other damaged organs.
My world state govt has introduced 9pm til 5am curfew in basically half of Sydney...the S, SW, W suburbs...several million people.
Get caught out of your home after 9 pm, and can't prove you're an essential worker...big trouble for you.
Streets are deserted after 9pm...except for patrolling police cars.
Good.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: August 25, 2021, 02:24:12 PM »

Please spread this post so that everyone can participate...

The Economy of Francesco launches a global march for Afghan women to be held on 28 August, to shine the spotlight on their plight amid the recent Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.

------------------------

We must all get out and march for the women of Afghanistan, and for the people of Afghanistan.

In Anaheim we can meet at Friendship Plaza at Anaheim City Hall.

August 28th!

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:26:27 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14864 on: August 25, 2021, 02:27:29 PM »

Plastic bottles can be remade into bricks for building houses. There is a woman in Kenya who has figured this out. The plastic bricks are stronger than regular bricks. You should start that business here. Get Tony to work with you, hire Afghan refugee woman, (dressing them in hot pants and plunging necklines, of course!) and advertise it with Ms Milano on Instagram.

https://www.waste360.com/plastics/kenyan-woman-turns-plastic-bricks

« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:30:31 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 2924