Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755705 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15630 on: September 06, 2021, 03:28:02 PM »

I watched a show on Public Television last night about the economy in the USA, it was sad.

The economy in the USA was bad before the corona crisis, and now it is horrible.

And the show showed places such as Youngstown, Ohio, where the jobs left and never returned, where once it was easy to find work, but now the city is a ghetto.

One city that is thriving is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, they were saved by education. Everyone studied, and they created high tech jobs, etc.

The show also shows that the Middle Class jobs are leaving, they called it the "bar bell" economy, with low end jobs and high end jobs but with no middle class jobs.

The answer is to improve education, and to have great unions. We also need to get better trade deals with other nations, and other nations need labor unions and fair pay for workers, etc , so that they can afford to buy our goods.

Americans need to also work together as a team to improve the situation. No one can fix things by themselves, we need team-work.

Anaheim started growing grapes and making wine, then a root disease killed off the grapes, so then people grew oranges and strawberries, and then Walt Disney built Disneyland. Now the economy in Anaheim is all built on Disneyland and Tourism. Anaheim had to change and grow and evolve. Next Anaheim needs a modern movie studio, etc, to continue to grow in good ways.

2 years of free community college for all Americans is a start, we need for Americans to take advantage of it. And people can train for jobs that they can do from home offices, etc.

We can also have more scientists, and more research and development, and more laboratories, etc.

We also need to make sure that Americans know how to file for copyrights and patents, and we need to make sure that Americans have access to business loans, etc. And the government gives grants for research, etc, we need for Americans to learn how to do research and development.

And we cannot just leave Youngstown, Ohio, as a ghetto, people need to rebuild it. Start by building community colleges, and then they need redevelopment money and business loans.

We have great, smart, creative people, who are out there homeless and poor, we need to get them into housing, and then we need to get them into community college, and we need to tap into the creativity of our people. We need for people to solve the problems and to improve our cities and to create opportunities for our people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Nothing much will change whilever cheap labour outsourcing companies and cheap labour immigration are king.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: September 06, 2021, 03:33:05 PM »

The youngest homicide victim was a 4-year-old boy shot Friday in Woodlawn on the South Side.

Mychal Moultry, who was visiting from Alabama, was getting a haircut inside his home around 9 p.m. in the 6500 block of South Ellis Avenue when bullets tore through the front window, Chicago police said.

The boy

Sometimes the new glitch is kind of useful
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: September 06, 2021, 03:58:28 PM »

"I have thought it my duty to exhibit things as they are, not as they ought to be."

A. Hamilton.

The woke crowd here would have banned him, too.
Why? Was he a punk ass who repeatedly doxxed people like you? Or did you conveniently forget why you were justly kicked of this forum again?

Actually, you are lucky. Back in his day when you pulled that kind of behavior, like claiming a political rival fucked his daughter, you got permanently fucking canceled.

Sounds like you are making a physical threat.
No just being a Burr under your racist saddle, Forrest. It isn't 1803 shit dick.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: September 06, 2021, 03:59:10 PM »

Anaheim is wealthy because of Disneyland, and the city has always had good, hard working people. 

I have a friend who was on the Anaheim City Council, and she ran for Mayor, she is a good Christian who almost became a Nun. She worked hard to serve the people of the City of Anaheim. On her watch the City owned Angel Stadium, The Grove, The Anaheim Convention Center, and Honda Center, and other places, plus the City of Anaheim owns the parking for Disneyland, and the City owns the electric company and the water company, etc, we the people sell electricity and water to Disneyland, etc. 

We need to do more, my neighborhood needs an Apple Store, and a Barnes and Noble Bookstore, and a world class Opera house built by master craftsmen, we can have a spot for the Anaheim Ballet, and we can have a comedy club, etc, and clubs with live bands. And we need bicycle shops, and we need to become more bicycle friendly. We also need a theatre like the Pantages in Hollywood, and also a community theatre. It would also be great to have a giant IMAX movie theatre with top of the line sound, etc. Anaheim also needs a great world class Vans skate park, and skateboard stores, and music stores, etc. A lot of new stuff can be built in Anaheim. And the parking needs to be underground, underground parking is the way to go. A lot of great things can happen in Anaheim. And Anaheim needs to have a new modern movie studio, even a small one like Occidental in East Hollywood, we need to have a movie studio. A lot of great things can happen in Anaheim. 

Anaheim has great parks, and tennis courts, and free amphitheatres for the people to use, and great restaurants, etc, Anaheim is a great City, and the City needs to continue to grow in good ways. And we must embrace greatness as we grow, with the best designers, and the best architects, and the best craftsmen, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15634 on: September 06, 2021, 04:46:34 PM »

I know it's not evening yet,  but happy new year (Rosh Hashanah) and apples and honey to Josh,  Banks,  and Ham(?) and wishing you inner renewal.

Thank you.

And to you, regardless of religion.

May the year ahead be better for all of us.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: September 06, 2021, 04:48:48 PM »

"I have thought it my duty to exhibit things as they are, not as they ought to be."

A. Hamilton.

Why? Was he a punk ass who repeatedly doxxed people like you? Or did you conveniently forget why you were justly kicked of this forum again?

Actually, you are lucky. Back in his day when you pulled that kind of behavior, like claiming a political rival fucked his daughter, you got permanently fucking canceled.

It's the kind of thing that josh says he opposes.

But, you sit on the extreme left, so there's that.

Anybody else think this was a physical threat?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: September 06, 2021, 04:55:35 PM »

When CLinton needed to change subjects he bombed a pill factory.
Biden takes on SCOTUS over a non threatening abortion act in Texas.

We know your cunt is dried up and no one with active sperm would fuck you but millions of people much better than you with more meaningful outlooks and lives are threatened by the abortion act in Texas

When you post Red all you do is remind people that you are so foolish dumb drips out of your asshole.

And this invective is acceptable to josh. But directly criticize josh's "teaching" using no such invective? You're outta here!

I've just responded to Ham's making a similar complaint in a private message to me, but seeing he is whining his false narrative here, too, I will share my response:

No - I banned you for attacking me over a newly dead friend and student.

You've attacked/mocked my teaching for years. I don't give a fuck what you think of my teaching, as you have never seen it.

That was you being over the top.

I banned you last time over attacking Larry about his newly dead wife.

No, this is not an invitation to you to wait a while and then attack him or me concerning the dead folks in our lives.

At this point, I would not trust Ham to be honest about my teaching even if he saw it, so no chance for him to watch any of the videos of it.

But since I teach in places where the folks have the choice to take or not take my courses and they keep coming back, paying for the privilege, I think I shan't lie awake at night worrying about his (deeply flawed and biased) opinion.

Ham, you think we don't know who you are.

Hahahahaha! You are so transparent.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: September 06, 2021, 05:11:06 PM »

I watched a show on Public Television last night about the economy in the USA, it was sad.

The economy in the USA was bad before the corona crisis, and now it is horrible.

And the show showed places such as Youngstown, Ohio, where the jobs left and never returned, where once it was easy to find work, but now the city is a ghetto.

One city that is thriving is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, they were saved by education. Everyone studied, and they created high tech jobs, etc.

The show also shows that the Middle Class jobs are leaving, they called it the "bar bell" economy, with low end jobs and high end jobs but with no middle class jobs.

The answer is to improve education, and to have great unions. We also need to get better trade deals with other nations, and other nations need labor unions and fair pay for workers, etc , so that they can afford to buy our goods.

Americans need to also work together as a team to improve the situation. No one can fix things by themselves, we need team-work.

Anaheim started growing grapes and making wine, then a root disease killed off the grapes, so then people grew oranges and strawberries, and then Walt Disney built Disneyland. Now the economy in Anaheim is all built on Disneyland and Tourism. Anaheim had to change and grow and evolve. Next Anaheim needs a modern movie studio, etc, to continue to grow in good ways.

2 years of free community college for all Americans is a start, we need for Americans to take advantage of it. And people can train for jobs that they can do from home offices, etc.

We can also have more scientists, and more research and development, and more laboratories, etc.

We also need to make sure that Americans know how to file for copyrights and patents, and we need to make sure that Americans have access to business loans, etc. And the government gives grants for research, etc, we need for Americans to learn how to do research and development.

And we cannot just leave Youngstown, Ohio, as a ghetto, people need to rebuild it. Start by building community colleges, and then they need redevelopment money and business loans.

We have great, smart, creative people, who are out there homeless and poor, we need to get them into housing, and then we need to get them into community college, and we need to tap into the creativity of our people. We need for people to solve the problems and to improve our cities and to create opportunities for our people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Middle class jobs are leaving?

In bambuworld they started leaving long ago...

https://www.smh.com.au/national/bank-staff-refuse-to-train-overseas-replacements-20061020-gdon2d.html

Bank staff refuse to train overseas replacements

By Nick O'Malley Workplace Reporter
October 20, 2006
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: September 06, 2021, 05:18:37 PM »

One staff member, Cathy ............ said it was like being asked to dig your own grave.

"Some people have been here a long time," she said. "They have mortgages and families and kids to feed. It makes me feel sick."

The staff, who were warned last month that they would lose their jobs early next year, were told on Tuesday that they would assist with training the new staff through a buddy system.
Their overseas replacements first appeared in the office on Wednesday.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: September 06, 2021, 07:07:11 PM »

A. Hamilton.

Lime is not making a physical threat but it shows good self awareness on your part to understand you are deserving of serious bodily harm

He points out what would have happened if you had lived back then which you do not

You are not under threat because your being is too meaningless to be worth beating like a small spot of mold or a single termite

Lime is center left which anyone can see who is not sitting squarely in the dust bin of history

Happy labor day shit sandwich or whatever you are calling yourself

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: September 06, 2021, 07:23:08 PM »

RIP Michael K Williams.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15641 on: September 06, 2021, 07:30:42 PM »

Cheap labour is great!
...if you're the one doing the hiring and paying...a maid to work all day for not much pay. A gardener to work all day for only a few pennies.

Not so flash if you're the one doing the work for a pittance.

Support a cheap labour system?
Not a good idea...because one day...you might be the one looking for the work.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15642 on: September 06, 2021, 07:37:59 PM »

Hooray!
The Taliban are new and improved, very nice people now, they said.

O oh, they lied...typical.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/taliban-kill-pregnant-female-police-officer-front-husband-children-60063

Taliban Kill Pregnant Female Police Officer in Front of Husband and Children

Taliban militants in Afghanistan have shot dead a policewoman in a provincial city, BBC has reported.
The woman, named in local media as Banu Negar, was killed at the family home in front of relatives in Firozkoh, the capital of central Ghor province.

The killing comes amid increasing reports of escalating repression of women in Afghanistan.

Details of the incident are still sketchy as many in Firozkoh fear retribution if they speak out. But three sources have told the BBC that the Taliban beat and shot dead Negar in front of her husband and children on Saturday.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15643 on: September 06, 2021, 07:44:25 PM »

A. Hamilton.

Lime is not making a physical threat but it shows good self awareness on your part to understand you are deserving of serious bodily harm

He points out what would have happened if you had lived back then which you do not

You are not under threat because your being is too meaningless to be worth beating like a small spot of mold or a single termite

Lime is center left which anyone can see who is not sitting squarely in the dust bin of history

Happy labor day shit sandwich or whatever you are calling yourself

shhhh......
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15644 on: September 06, 2021, 07:47:16 PM »

RIP Michael K Williams.

Couldnt handle what his folk have been up to
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 2926