Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756324 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15780 on: September 08, 2021, 11:14:50 AM »

Forget it, Red.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15781 on: September 08, 2021, 11:27:34 AM »

Forget it, Red.
if you were asking about the Constitutionality of such a law I would say it is not.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15782 on: September 08, 2021, 11:36:15 AM »

Okay.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15783 on: September 08, 2021, 11:39:11 AM »

Okay.
Also a moot point since Dallas has agreed to play the Anthem which is NBA policy.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: September 08, 2021, 11:49:37 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/08/politics/greg-abbott-rape-abortion/index.html

On Tuesday, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) was asked about a new abortion law in the state that bans the procedure even for cases of rape or incest. His response was a doozy.

"Let's make something very clear: Rape is a crime," Abbott said. "And Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."

Oh really! You are going to "eliminate" all rape?

"Wait. Governor Abbott had a solution to end all RAPE and he sat on it until now?" tweeted state Rep. Gene Wu, a Democrat. "Does it involve horse de-wormer?"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15785 on: September 08, 2021, 11:50:48 AM »

The Star Spangled Banner Protection Act goes into effect today in Texas

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will face substantial fines if he refuses to have the national anthem played at Dallas home games.

Bullshit.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 11:54:41 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15786 on: September 08, 2021, 11:52:00 AM »

But should I be hung for laughing at a red-neck joke, or a dumb-blonde joke? Or dating a dumb blonde?

Is there a statute of limitations for behavior decades ago?

I think that's the woke line most reasonable people start to balk at.

I think the counterpoint is that woke,  in the main,  is not some humorless lockstep of overreaction.   I think that's why misusing the term is perceived as stereotyping.   Sometimes woke does just mean aware,  and knowledgeable of why some minorities joined the footrace carrying twenty pound weights in each hand.   It simply means understanding that all effects of discrimination don't vanish when,  on the sixth lap,  they're permitted to drop the weights.

But how is that different than "sometimes conservative just means--------" or "sometimes liberal just means------"?

The problemthat many of us have with the woke is the proselytizing nature of the constituency.
The issue YOU have with woke is people pointing out your racism, Forrest.
The zealotry that is used to critique the use of pronouns or the reading "Lolita" or watching a Woody Allen movie is entirely off-putting, heavy-handed, and demonstrates the exact same intolerance that the wokies preach others represent. Such reactionary behavior[ ] brings to mind the Cultural Revolution of China in the 1960's,[/b] and that is something that I find leads to book-burning and worse.
I will point you to your thumbs up regarding banks's Hitler post, hypocrite. Let me know when you get sent to a re-education camp. I'll stand up for you then. Otherwise you are just bitching about having your conduct pointed out, and your being held accountable for it.

No. You just call anyone who disagrees with you a racist, Kuntzler.

If the shoe fits...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15787 on: September 08, 2021, 11:53:55 AM »

4-Take this vac and shove it

TX Republicans encourage vaccination
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15788 on: September 08, 2021, 11:58:02 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/08/politics/greg-abbott-rape-abortion/index.html

On Tuesday, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) was asked about a new abortion law in the state that bans the procedure even for cases of rape or incest. His response was a doozy.

"Let's make something very clear: Rape is a crime," Abbott said. "And Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."

Oh really! You are going to "eliminate" all rape?

"Wait. Governor Abbott had a solution to end all RAPE and he sat on it until now?" tweeted state Rep. Gene Wu, a Democrat. "Does it involve horse de-wormer?"

Making a bunch of Texas rapists impotent through bad medical advice is an interesting policy choice but Abbots track record of not being able to keep the lights on in Texas or the fence on the border standing does not give him a track record that points to success.

It is far more likely that he has no plan for this or anything else and is making it up as he goes along.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15791 on: September 08, 2021, 12:04:50 PM »

But should I be hung for laughing at a red-neck joke, or a dumb-blonde joke? Or dating a dumb blonde?

I think the counterpoint is that woke,  in the main,  is not some humorless lockstep of overreaction.   I think that's why misusing the term is perceived as stereotyping.   Sometimes woke does just mean aware,  and knowledgeable of why some minorities joined the footrace carrying twenty pound weights in each hand.   It simply means understanding that all effects of discrimination don't vanish when,  on the sixth lap,  they're permitted to drop the weights.

But how is that different than "sometimes conservative just means--------" or "sometimes liberal just means------"?

The problemthat many of us have with the woke is the proselytizing nature of the constituency.
The zealotry that is used to critique the use of pronouns or the reading "Lolita" or watching a Woody Allen movie is entirely off-putting, heavy-handed, and demonstrates the exact same intolerance that the wokies preach others represent. Such reactionary behavior[ ] brings to mind the Cultural Revolution of China in the 1960's,[/b] and that is something that I find leads to book-burning and worse.
I will point you to your thumbs up regarding banks's Hitler post, hypocrite. Let me know when you get sent to a re-education camp. I'll stand up for you then. Otherwise you are just bitching about having your conduct pointed out, and your being held accountable for it.

No Forrest. Just people like you. You know, actual racists.

We all understand how lawyers weaponize language to lie and distort reality, but your personal smear campaign has gotten old.

It's very much like that same, lazy tired old move you keep trying in the bedroom that your wife keeps ignoring.

Try something new, because that one doesn't work, Kuntzler.

Your creative seed has dried up.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15792 on: September 08, 2021, 12:07:00 PM »

If the shoe fits...

...then it's your shoe.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15794 on: September 08, 2021, 12:09:50 PM »

Hammy is only as racist as his personal failures demand him to be.
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 2927