Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1102 1103 [1104] 1105 1106 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751071 times)

Oilcan

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16545 on: September 18, 2021, 03:05:04 PM »

Please.

Am going to guess:  zero.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #16546 on: September 18, 2021, 03:13:07 PM »

When is White Heritage Month?

It starts on Nathan Bedford Forrest's birthday and runs through David Duke's birthday. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16547 on: September 18, 2021, 04:43:56 PM »

Guy is a menace.

Because humorously and briefly confusing air passengers is menacing?  You know that planes don't use house roofs as navigation aids,  right?   

That guy is me.   I love prankish things that do no harm and briefly subvert people's sense of reality.   I think his sign is madly brilliant.   How many air travelers have had a good laugh over that roof?

That is hilarious!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16548 on: September 18, 2021, 04:45:32 PM »

Guy is a menace.

Because humorously and briefly confusing air passengers is menacing?  You know that planes don't use house roofs as navigation aids,  right?   

That guy is me.   I love prankish things that do no harm and briefly subvert people's sense of reality.   I think his sign is madly brilliant.   How many air travelers have had a good laugh over that roof?

And how many have panicked that they are on the wrong plane, have just lost hundreds of dollars and had their plans ruined?

You are silly
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #16549 on: September 18, 2021, 09:13:46 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16550 on: September 18, 2021, 10:13:26 PM »

Tony,  there's a guy who lives in Superior,  Nebraska named Lew Hunter.  If you are serious about screenwriting,  you should consider his screenwriting workshop,  which is nationally famous and has turned out quite a few Oscar and Emmy winners  Over half of the Oscar winning scripts over the past twenty years have been written by students of Hunter.   He comes to UCLA still,  twice a year if I recall correctly, to do his workshop.

Thanks.

Brando was born in Omaha.

I love going to workshops, and if I buy my house in Malibu then it has a dance room and I can have workshops in the dance room. We had yoga lessons in our dance room, and it would also be perfect for acting classes, and for workshops, etc.

And UCLA is great, it is in a great neighborhood. It is in a very safe area. I guess Shakira studied at UCLA, just like a normal student. I would like to see Shakira try acting.

Workshops are great, I used to go to workshops at Take One Studios in Beverly Hills, I love workshops.

And Lew Hunter, I can try to remember that, I worked at Universal when Lew Wasserman was my boss, so I can remember the name Lew.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 10:21:40 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16551 on: September 18, 2021, 10:20:42 PM »

Everyday I get out and I walk, and I have been seeing more and more homeless people. The homelessness crisis was bad before the corona crisis and it has just gotten worse. But every once in a while you see a ray of sunshine in the darkness.

Today when I was out walking a young, beautiful homeless girl walked up to me and she asked for a dollar. I gave her a five. And then she was looking for a compliment to give me, and so she looked down at my feet in my flip flops and she told me that I have nice toenails. Ha. Such a sweet young woman, she reminded me of a young Meg Ryan. I hope that the streets do not eat her up. There are good people on the streets who will help her, but there are vultures too who would do her harm. Such a sweet young woman out there on the streets. Life can be brutal. The least I could do was give her a five. I hope she connects with the right people and not with the bad ones.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16552 on: September 19, 2021, 12:01:20 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16553 on: September 19, 2021, 02:34:44 AM »

Guy is a menace.

And how many have panicked that they are on the wrong plane, have just lost hundreds of dollars and had their plans ruined?

You are silly

Practical jokes are silly, and the guy is a menace.
He could've done something useful with the paint, like painting a poor person's home...instead of making mischief with that foolishness.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #16554 on: September 19, 2021, 05:42:14 AM »

Everyday I get out and I walk, and I have been seeing more and more homeless people. The homelessness crisis was bad before the corona crisis and it has just gotten worse. But every once in a while you see a ray of sunshine in the darkness.

Today when I was out walking a young, beautiful homeless girl walked up to me and she asked for a dollar. I gave her a five. And then she was looking for a compliment to give me, and so she looked down at my feet in my flip flops and she told me that I have nice toenails. Ha. Such a sweet young woman, she reminded me of a young Meg Ryan. I hope that the streets do not eat her up. There are good people on the streets who will help her, but there are vultures too who would do her harm. Such a sweet young woman out there on the streets. Life can be brutal. The least I could do was give her a five. I hope she connects with the right people and not with the bad ones.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes returned to NJ to find some homeless people in upscale city, never before.

Along with the delta surge there is an immigrant surge.

---Border Patrol hiring civilians to help agents respond to migrant surge---
Well meaning relatives and groups are scooping up inexpensive housing at a remarkable pace.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16555 on: September 19, 2021, 06:00:02 AM »

It all pales mightily in comparison to the dumbass white person problem in this country. That shit gets lots of people killed.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16556 on: September 19, 2021, 11:03:48 AM »

I support giving everyone at least 2 free years of college, and the colleges need to prepare people for jobs that are available in each area, plus train people for the jobs of the future. The people who are high achievers in college can continue on for their Bachelor's Degree, and Master's Degree, and they can become doctors, etc.

There needs to be good councilors at the community colleges to help to guide the students so that they get the most out of their 2 free years of college. The councilors need to be aware of which businesses are in each area and which skills are needed for employment in each area, etc.

The students who go to school, and who study hard, need to be rewarded with access to good employment and a chance at the American Dream of home ownership, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

I'll give them two years of free college, after two years of their free community service.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #16557 on: September 19, 2021, 11:22:25 AM »

It all pales mightily in comparison to the dumbass white person problem in this country. That shit gets lots of people killed.

Dumbness is not a racial issue. Anti-vacciners and anti-maskers are pure idiots that kill.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16558 on: September 19, 2021, 11:36:53 AM »

I'll give them two years of free college, after two years of their free community service.

Some form of community service (e. g. planting trees).has some merit.   Though economic needs of some young families might require some steady income while doing free service.  So needs testing would be part of it.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #16559 on: September 19, 2021, 11:37:49 AM »

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/09/27/the-supreme-court-and-the-future-of-roe-v-wade

Sets out the factual problems in Mississippi brief.  Good read. 
Pages: 1 ... 1102 1103 [1104] 1105 1106 ... 2924