Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750849 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18315 on: October 15, 2021, 09:57:16 AM »

Here's the perfect example of teaching children about discrimination.

Humans created slavery and the Holocaust.

Teaching children is also educating them about their humanity, their natural state, and how easy it is to corrupt their thinking through the practice of discrimination.

The vaccine for disharmony, racism, and discrimination, as well authoritarianism is an education.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/lesson-of-a-lifetime-72754306/

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18316 on: October 15, 2021, 10:42:34 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18318 on: October 15, 2021, 10:51:30 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/10/14/the-race-gap-in-vaccinations-is-closing-the-gap-is-not/

There are 40-43 million unvaccinated republicans. More than 400,000 of them will die of Covid or its complications before November 2022.

You really don't think that their commitment to remaining unvaxed will waiver?

ETA: the prospect of your possibly being right horrifies me. I get that they are opposed to being forced, but it does harm others to allow them to die, no matter the reasoning.

There has to be a way to reach them or to protect them or something.

It is a death cult and they are committed to the cause.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18319 on: October 15, 2021, 10:59:17 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/10/14/the-race-gap-in-vaccinations-is-closing-the-gap-is-not/

There are 40-43 million unvaccinated republicans. More than 400,000 of them will die of Covid or its complications before November 2022.

ETA: the prospect of your possibly being right horrifies me. I get that they are opposed to being forced, but it does harm others to allow them to die, no matter the reasoning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTAuT6ZMZXM

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #18320 on: October 15, 2021, 11:12:48 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/15/opinions/stealthing-california-law-michaela-coel-stewart/index.html

What do you think about "stealthing" laws?

Appropriate,  if they work.   Stealthing is a violation of a person.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18322 on: October 15, 2021, 11:33:55 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/15/opinions/stealthing-california-law-michaela-coel-stewart/index.html

I agree that it is a major violation.

I just have a hard time understanding how it can work effectively.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18323 on: October 15, 2021, 11:35:36 AM »

Nobody stopped her from writing the book

Kid is in favor of censorship (an action by government) and bookburning.

In favor of books being in proper places.

Which is the issue here
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18325 on: October 15, 2021, 11:39:02 AM »

The way to protect them is to get them to leave the republican party which is an utterly corrupt fascist death cult. Many many have left already. Following the lead of former republicans is the one hope for current republicans. Unfortunately many will stay republican to the end. Of those, many will die with hate in their hearts, lies on their lips, and Covid in their bloodstream.

My uncle is a good man who I think still identifies as a republican. Judging by all the others I know and the ones here save Tony, I have to wonder if the pain of losing them would not be less than the pain of living with them if they cannot turn over new leaves and abandon the idea of a white Christian nation state and a rich white king to save them from all the problems they have created for themselves and everyone caught in their idiot crossfire.

shhhhhhh.....
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #18326 on: October 15, 2021, 11:44:06 AM »

I agree that it is a major violation.

I just have a hard time understanding how it can work effectively.

Yeah,  it might work in terms of women having a way to frame it: "this is illegal for a reason. "  Help them get across to a partner that it's rapey.   But actually taking it through courts would seem difficult.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18327 on: October 15, 2021, 11:59:57 AM »

The way to protect them is to get them to leave the republican party which is an utterly corrupt fascist death cult. Many many have left already. Following the lead of former republicans is the one hope for current republicans. Unfortunately many will stay republican to the end. Of those, many will die with hate in their hearts, lies on their lips, and Covid in their bloodstream.

My uncle is a good man who I think still identifies as a republican. Judging by all the others I know and the ones here save Tony, I have to wonder if the pain of losing them would not be less than the pain of living with them if they cannot turn over new leaves and abandon the idea of a white Christian nation state and a rich white king to save them from all the problems they have created for themselves and everyone caught in their idiot crossfire.

shhhhhhh.....

Thanks, Kid.

That is the full extent of the best conservative case for anything these days. You have definitively proven my point.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18329 on: October 15, 2021, 12:39:58 PM »

Nobody stopped her from writing the book

Kid is in favor of censorship (an action by government) and bookburning.

In favor of books being in proper places.

Which is the issue here

What grade do you think is good for teaching about slavery?

What grade do you think is good for teaching about the holocaust?

What grade do you think is good for teaching about racism?

What grade do you think is good for teaching about sexism?

And at what ages/grades do you think kids start observing or experiencing any of those?!
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 2924