Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754077 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19470 on: November 01, 2021, 11:57:24 PM »

My Grandmother opened Gold mines in Mexico, we can work together with the Mexicans on the ports just as easily, and we can work with the Mexicans to help to solve the truck driver shortage, etc.

The secret to working with the Mexicans is to spread the wealth around, make sure that their whole village benefits from you doing business there, etc. The places where my Grandmother opened Gold mines in Mexico used to throw parties for her, the whole village would have a party for her. The secret is to be generous and to spread the wealth around.

And the poor villages can get safe drinking water, and paved roads, and telephones, and internet, and schools, and hospitals, etc. Many things come with an improved economy and jobs.

The truck drivers can join the Teamsters union, and they can buy homes, and they can raise families, and they can have a Retirement and Healthcare, etc.

My Grandmother did business with the Mexicans and we all can too. Just be generous, that is the secret, spread the wealth.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19471 on: November 02, 2021, 12:16:50 AM »

The King of Spain can help with the elevation and advancement and overall improvement of life for Latin America, the King of Spain is on the team.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19472 on: November 02, 2021, 12:17:26 AM »

?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19473 on: November 02, 2021, 12:28:00 AM »

The King of Spain serves as the president of the Ibero-American States Organization, purportedly representing over 700,000,000 people in twenty-four member nations worldwide.

As we open up trade with Latin America, and as we invest in the ports in Mexico, etc, the King of Spain can help to teach the people of Latin America how to open schools, and how to tax the people to pay for teachers, and how to have tariffs on imports, and how to raise money for hospitals, etc. The King of Spain can help to build civilization in Latin America as we invest in ports in Latin America and as the economy improves in Latin America.

The Pope, and the Roman Catholic Church, can help too. And the church can teach the farmers how to grow food, etc. The Church can have hospitals and schools and orphanages, etc, wherever needed.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19474 on: November 02, 2021, 01:04:52 AM »

When you have the ability to help people, then you should help them, as it says in Matthew 25: 31-46.

And we need to make sure that the people of Latin America benefit and rise from doing trade with the USA.

The King of Spain, and the Pope, and the Catholic Priests, etc, can all help.

The Catholic Priests can teach those who are starving how to grow food. The Priests can teach those who are poor how to do business and attain money. The Priests can have medical schools, and orphanages, and the Priests can help to elevate humanity.

The people of Angola are going hungry, and the Catholic Priests can teach the people of Angola how to grow and raise food to eat.

In Mexico the Mexicans eat scrambled eggs with cactus, with salsa, and with tortillas, the poor people around the world can eat cactus and can raise chickens to have scrambled eggs, etc, and the Catholic Priests can teach the people how to grow cactus and how to raise chickens for eggs.

Here is a recipe for cactus with scrambled eggs...

Scrambled Eggs with Cactus

Surprise and delight family members with this unusual brunch recipe of chili-seasoned scrambled eggs with prickly pear cactus pads. Look for nopales (cactus pads or leaves) in the produce section of large supermarkets or specialty food stores.

Ingredients
2 - 3 cactus pads (6 to 8 ounces total) or one 8-ounce can nopalitos (cactus pieces), rinsed and drained; or 2 small zucchini, cut into bite-size strips
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
8 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash ground black pepper
Flour tortillas, warmed (optional)
Salsa (optional)

Directions
Carefully rinse cactus pads; pat dry. Holding cactus pads with tongs, use a small, sharp knife to carefully trim off eyes around edges and on both sides of pads; discard. Cut cactus pads into thin strips (you should have about 2 cups).
In a large skillet cook cactus with onion and sweet pepper in margarine or butter about 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
In a bowl beat eggs, milk, chili powder, salt, and black pepper with a fork. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edge.
Using a spatula or large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked eggs so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat about 5 minutes more or until eggs are cooked through, but are still glossy and moist.
Remove from heat. If desired, serve with tortillas and salsa. Makes 6 servings.

From the Test Kitchen
Nopales, the fleshy, oval pads of the prickly pear cactus, are showing up in many supermarkets. Cooked, they're soft but crunchy, with the slipperiness of okra and flavor of green beans. The pads have tiny, sharp thorns that usually are removed at the market. To remove any thorns, carefully hold the pad and scrape with a paring knife. Use the tip of a sharp knife or a vegetable peeler to remove the thorn bases and any blemishes.

Nutrition Facts (Scrambled Eggs with Cactus)
Per serving:
139 kcal ,
9 g fat
(3 g sat. fat ,
285 mg chol. ,
205 mg sodium ,
5 g carb. ,
1 g fiber ,
9 g pro.

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/eggs/scrambled-eggs-with-cactus/

The people of the world who are poor and starving can grow and eat cactus, and they can raise chickens for eggs. Cactus will grow anywhere, and cactus does not require very much water. And the Catholic Priests can teach the poor people around the world how to grow cactus and how to raise chickens for eggs, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19475 on: November 02, 2021, 02:32:07 AM »

Delicious!

Also juicy is this

https://theintercept.com/2021/11/01/covid-hydroxychloroquine-ivermectin-investigation/

Though the details will leave a sour taste in your mouth.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19476 on: November 02, 2021, 07:12:40 AM »

Well, that did not  take long.

Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., a member of the left-wing House Squad who supports efforts to defund the police, released a statement Monday chastising Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., for the lack of support he has given President Biden s Build Back Better Act, saying his unwillingness to support the legislation is anti-Black, anti-child, anti-woman, and anti-immigrant.

How predictable.

In a way, it IS anti-black

Obama - and everyone - made his presidency about being black.

And Biden's status is tied to Obama

Thus anti-Biden (and the bill) anti-Obama = anti-Black

Did I get it right, LB?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19477 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:49 AM »

"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19479 on: November 02, 2021, 08:18:02 AM »

I've been predicting a Youngkin win for about 2 months now.  I guess the polls are catching up.  McAauliffe is going to need an astronomical turnout.  I don't think it will be enough.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19480 on: November 02, 2021, 11:14:26 AM »

How many were you taught about in school?

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #19481 on: November 02, 2021, 11:25:31 AM »

On the prevalence of LET S GO BRANDON!

The Leftist  angst is really something -- you don't get to spend decades normalizing the profane and politicizing every public square and then pretend decorum has been breached when you hear something you don't like in an inappropriate setting.

Robert DiNero remember got a standing O at the Tony Awards for saying FUCK TRUMP!

IIRC,  it was the founding fathers who politicized every public square when they drafted the first amendment. 

And it is DeNiro.  Dinero is what showbiz runs on.   Mucho dinero.

Holly Martins

« Reply #19482 on: November 02, 2021, 11:27:30 AM »

https://www.newsweek.com/kavanaugh-asks-if-texas-abortion-law-could-model-bans-gun-rights-free-speech-1644642
A pretty obvious question to ask.

With a pretty obvious answer.

If SCOTUS allows it to stand, then yes, those others can be treated similarly, as the Texas AG granted.

Kavanaugh seems to be growing into his job.   Get him a beer.   He likes beer.

Holly Martins

« Reply #19483 on: November 02, 2021, 11:32:05 AM »

How many were you taught about in school?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19484 on: November 02, 2021, 11:37:29 AM »

Well, that did not  take long.

Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., a member of the left-wing House Squad who supports efforts to defund the police, released a statement Monday chastising Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., for the lack of support he has given President Biden s Build Back Better Act, saying his unwillingness to support the legislation is anti-Black, anti-child, anti-woman, and anti-immigrant.

How predictable.

In a way, it IS anti-black

And Biden's status is tied to Obama

Thus anti-Biden (and the bill) anti-Obama = anti-Black

Did I get it right, LB?

Nope
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 2926