Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749809 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20520 on: November 12, 2021, 05:55:35 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/12/politics/vaccine-mandate-lawsuit-lottery/index.html

I didn't know about the lottery to determine which district's appeals court would get a case.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20521 on: November 12, 2021, 06:16:41 AM »

I did, on the other hand, know what would happen when European countries relaxed their COVID restrictions after having successfully keeping their numbers down.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/09/europe/denmark-restrictions-europe-covid-intl/

While "only" a quarter of 1% of Europe's come down with COVID in the last week, 13 countries are up past half a percent of their populations. Two countries are around 1% of their populations with new cases, with total cases up 15% from the week before.

By comparison, North America is under 0.1%, Asia is at 0.014%, South America is at 0.032%, and Africa is at 0.002% approximately.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20522 on: November 12, 2021, 06:29:37 AM »

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Meanwhile, in the US, where as of August 11th Blue states held the top 4 places for most dead per million people in the US and 5 of the top 10, today sees Red states in 4 of the top 5 and 8 of the top 10 places for most dead per million.

Given what the cases look like, it is no wonder that so many more Republicans are dying than Democratic Party members.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20523 on: November 12, 2021, 07:53:29 AM »

LMAO

I understand you're angry but move on Josh

sweet dreams Joshie

maybe you can dream of courage and integrity!

Damn dude.

Grow the fuck up, will you?

Take your own advice and invest in some couch time with a shrink.

Larry

Josh banned me for no reason (stabbed me in the back) and diid some other shit, and after a few days he did apologize and said he was wrong.

But when I asked him why he was wrong and why he did what he did he basically told me he wasn't going to waste his time on my questions.

So I went off on him with some unpleasant truths about his behavior.

Josh said he wanted to move on.

I agreed, as I saw little reason to interact with him.

Yet since his apology/non-apology he has been playing his stupid passive-aggressive games.

So I continued to fuck with him.

But with nothing but the truth.

And he's just getting upset.

So Fuck him

All I asked him was why he did what he did and to take accountability for his actions and he couldn't do it.

That he feels he needs to step down is probably a good decision for him.

An apology was not sufficient?

Bruh...

Seriously, stop analyzing everyone and take care of your own shit.

No Larry it was not.

When someone stabs you in the back and says  after a few days "sorry", the stabee is entitled to ask the stabber why, the fuck did you stab me?

YMMV

And when the stabber says they're not going to tell you why they stabbed you, you're entitled to consider the apology
insufficient, insincere and lacking.
Your analogy is hurtful to those who have been victims of stabbing. You are a stabbist.  Please cease your hateful behavior.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20524 on: November 12, 2021, 08:27:30 AM »

Actually this is well said

If we could all just more frequently post opinions, rather than rants aimed at each other this place would be savable.

Let the forum breath.  State your stance - be passionate - nothing wrong with that - use some a salty language if you wish (OK if not directed at a peer here)

Then let someone else comment - on the issue - rather than on the peer.

(See - Josh - some simple rules - why you have to stand behind "but that's not what you all want" is beyond me)

Stay, Josh.  You are not disliked.  And the work you do here is appreciated.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20525 on: November 12, 2021, 08:36:33 AM »

Question re"  Trump and hat he did not do re:  COVID

Mike Barnacle of MSNBC and Boston fame this morning - states (again) and is backed big time by host Joe Scarborough - basically saying

"IF the sitting President had just..."

I ask you to guess the rest.

Then I ask - given the political air at the time - who would have listened?  Arent there just as many "zanies" on the other side of anything Trump did that would have CRITICIZED him on COVID had he taken a harsher stance than even Dr Fauci was at the time?  Than ANYONE was?

We are talking March-April

I could only imagine the posts here had DT gone all "lockdown" on the US.  With the benefit of hindsight, easy to say he shoulda, woulda, coulda..."  You dont like when we do this with Biden (Afghanistan, border, etc), right?

Peace

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20526 on: November 12, 2021, 08:42:35 AM »

LMAO

sweet dreams Joshie

Damn dude.

Larry

Josh banned me for no reason (stabbed me in the back) and diid some other shit, and after a few days he did apologize and said he was wrong.

But when I asked him why he was wrong and why he did what he did he basically told me he wasn't going to waste his time on my questions.

Yet since his apology/non-apology he has been playing his stupid passive-aggressive games.

So Fuck him

All I asked him was why he did what he did and to take accountability for his actions and he couldn't do it.

An apology was not sufficient?

Bruh...

No Larry it was not.

When someone stabs you in the back and says  after a few days "sorry", the stabee is entitled to ask the stabber why, the fuck did you stab me?

YMMV

And when the stabber says they're not going to tell you why they stabbed you, you're entitled to consider the apology
insufficient, insincere and lacking.
Your analogy is hurtful to those who have been victims of stabbing. You are a stabbist.  Please cease your hateful behavior.

Boz As a member of that community who has felt that pain (trocar-chest tube) long ago, I may have been cavalier in that regard. So I will try to keep the stabbith holy.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: November 12, 2021, 08:44:36 AM »

Nov. 11, 2021 NYT

BRASILIA -- The conference hall was packed, with a crowd of more than 1,000 cheering attacks on the press, the liberals and the politically correct. There was Donald Trump Jr. warning that the Chinese could meddle in the election, a Tennessee congressman who voted against certifying the 2020 vote, and the president complaining about voter fraud.

In many ways, the September gathering looked like just another CPAC, the conservative political conference. But it was happening in Brazil, most of it was in Portuguese and the president at the lectern was Jair Bolsonaro, the country's right-wing leader.

Law and Order - Brasilia!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20528 on: November 12, 2021, 09:05:18 AM »

Why would you inhabit a ball busting site like this with you having such thin skin, Banks?

Speaking of growing the fuck up, always a nice tidbit to toss repeatedly into any reasonable conversation, with a little self awareness you could one day become a real boy.

I would be very impressed if you manage a sincere sounding apology. I would stand and golf clap at such an unlikely event.

Fac there's a world of difference between ball busting and getting stabbed in the back. I've busted balls with many members here (and the NYT) for over 25 years, so the rules of the road are mostly understood. And in moderation is fun. Sometimes I and others exceed the speed limit, common sense, and good taste. It happens when things get fast and furious. And for those excesses I sincerely apologize.

But getting shivved in the back, particularly from a trusted source, is a whole different matter.

and fac I don't post to your level of exhibited propriety, (for example, I generally don't call for the extermination of a political opponent (s) or ascribe to your preference for violence in political squabbles our democracy under takes from time to time) I try for a higher standard.

Nor do I care about your applause.

I hope that helps and it should allow you use of both hands in your circle jerks.

xoxo

« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:08:08 AM by bankshot1 »

Holly Martins

« Reply #20529 on: November 12, 2021, 09:38:10 AM »

Attention, bitches!

https://www.newsweek.com/antisemitic-banner-vax-jews-texas-austin-nazi-1642158

Goyim Defense League ?  These people are like a parody of themselves. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #20530 on: November 12, 2021, 09:41:28 AM »

CNN and AXIOS trying to polish the turd that is Chris Christie:

Shhh...

https://youtu.be/W1PNvopXjbg

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20531 on: November 12, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #20532 on: November 12, 2021, 09:58:49 AM »

I've enjoyed it here, all, but, at least for now, I think my time is up.  I can be reached at [email protected] OR I'll still check "My Messages" for awhile.

Yank, I'm handing over my role to somebody else.

They will be running a tighter ship.

Please don't go, but give them a chance?!

Bank wins by TKO

Driving away one of our most observant and witty members (YANKGUY)  is not a win for anyone.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #20533 on: November 12, 2021, 10:01:22 AM »

Actually this is well said

If we could all just more frequently post opinions, rather than rants aimed at each other this place would be savable.

Let the forum breath.  State your stance - be passionate - nothing wrong with that - use some a salty language if you wish (OK if not directed at a peer here)

Then let someone else comment - on the issue - rather than on the peer.

(See - Josh - some simple rules - why you have to stand behind "but that's not what you all want" is beyond me)

Stay, Josh.  You are not disliked.  And the work you do here is appreciated.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20534 on: November 12, 2021, 10:53:16 AM »

LMAO

sweet dreams Joshie

Damn dude.

Larry

So Fuck him

Um...banks, as someone who has been "banned for no reason", has proven that it was for no reason, and has had this happen multiple times, and has never been given an apology, I understand exactly how you feel.

Trust me, when I say this.

You can only counter another's perception of your intentions and your actions so much

Then you reach a point of diminishing returns, and then, no matter your understanding of your actions, words, and intentions, you will not change someone else's mind.

And when that happens, you have to just know that...

You've said, your piece. 

Everyone knows your POV on the matter.

And that it's time to...

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Drop it, dude.

You're only embarrassing yourself.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 2924