Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749720 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20535 on: November 12, 2021, 10:56:26 AM »

LMAO

I understand you're angry but move on Josh

sweet dreams Joshie

maybe you can dream of courage and integrity!

Damn dude.

Grow the fuck up, will you?

Take your own advice and invest in some couch time with a shrink.

Larry

Josh banned me for no reason (stabbed me in the back) and diid some other shit, and after a few days he did apologize and said he was wrong.

But when I asked him why he was wrong and why he did what he did he basically told me he wasn't going to waste his time on my questions.

So I went off on him with some unpleasant truths about his behavior.

Josh said he wanted to move on.

I agreed, as I saw little reason to interact with him.

Yet since his apology/non-apology he has been playing his stupid passive-aggressive games.

So I continued to fuck with him.

But with nothing but the truth.

And he's just getting upset.

So Fuck him

All I asked him was why he did what he did and to take accountability for his actions and he couldn't do it.

That he feels he needs to step down is probably a good decision for him.

An apology was not sufficient?

Bruh...

Seriously, stop analyzing everyone and take care of your own shit.

No Larry it was not.

When someone stabs you in the back and says  after a few days "sorry", the stabee is entitled to ask the stabber why, the fuck did you stab me?

YMMV

And when the stabber says they're not going to tell you why they stabbed you, you're entitled to consider the apology
insufficient, insincere and lacking.

The point was I wanted Josh to examine his behavior, answer some questions, and grow the fuck up.

He knew before he banned me, it was probable I did nothing wrong, but he banned me anyway.

I was curious why.

And Larry re analyzing other posters, your analysis of me IMO was dead wrong.

But anytime you want to share your notes and can show me the offending words, posts, whatever, I will answer your questions and apologize completely and sincerely.

And quit playing the victim, stabee.

More like stabbette, at this point.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20536 on: November 12, 2021, 10:59:29 AM »

LMAO

I understand you're angry but move on Josh

sweet dreams Joshie

maybe you can dream of courage and integrity!

Damn dude.

Grow the fuck up, will you?

Take your own advice and invest in some couch time with a shrink.

Larry

Josh banned me for no reason (stabbed me in the back) and diid some other shit, and after a few days he did apologize and said he was wrong.

But when I asked him why he was wrong and why he did what he did he basically told me he wasn't going to waste his time on my questions.

So I went off on him with some unpleasant truths about his behavior.

Josh said he wanted to move on.

I agreed, as I saw little reason to interact with him.

Yet since his apology/non-apology he has been playing his stupid passive-aggressive games.

So I continued to fuck with him.

But with nothing but the truth.

And he's just getting upset.

So Fuck him

All I asked him was why he did what he did and to take accountability for his actions and he couldn't do it.

That he feels he needs to step down is probably a good decision for him.

An apology was not sufficient?

Bruh...

No Larry it was not.

When someone stabs you in the back and says  after a few days "sorry", the stabee is entitled to ask the stabber why, the fuck did you stab me?

YMMV

And when the stabber says they're not going to tell you why they stabbed you, you're entitled to consider the apology
insufficient, insincere and lacking.
Your analogy is hurtful to those who have been victims of stabbing. You are a stabbist.  Please cease your hateful behavior.

LOL!!!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20537 on: November 12, 2021, 11:04:05 AM »

Actually this is well said

If we could all just more frequently post opinions, rather than rants aimed at each other this place would be savable.

Let the forum breath.  State your stance - be passionate - nothing wrong with that - use some a salty language if you wish (OK if not directed at a peer here)

Then let someone else comment - on the issue - rather than on the peer.

(See - Josh - some simple rules - why you have to stand behind "but that's not what you all want" is beyond me)

Stay, Josh.  You are not disliked.  And the work you do here is appreciated.

I think Josh's intentions are essentially good, though his zealotry can be irksome.

That said, you make good points here, kid.

We all bring too much ego to this playground.

It's not likely that anyone here has ever really changed another's pov on a given subject.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20538 on: November 12, 2021, 11:08:30 AM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20539 on: November 12, 2021, 11:11:29 AM »

Hammy I don't feel embarrassed in the least by telling the truth, but I will take your advice.

Have a wonderful day

« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 11:15:41 AM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20540 on: November 12, 2021, 11:40:14 AM »

The Senate today is the place where the popular will goes to die. It is the place where 40 people can outvote 60. Its unearned nickname as the worlds greatest deliberative bodywas worth nothing when it came time to put country over party and convict a president for bribing foreign governments to dig up dirt on political rivals or for leading an attempted coup de tat. The Senates primary function is to do nothing, then congratulate itself for its restraint.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/abolish-us-senate/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 11:48:46 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20541 on: November 12, 2021, 12:56:51 PM »

Sabrina Cervantes is a Democrat in California who has been serving in our local State government here in California. She is great, and she even went and studied at Harvard, but the only thing is that she is not a good public speaker. She is not a passionate and good public speaker. If she wants to rise to higher positions in government, Governor of California, etc, maybe even run for President of the United States, then she needs to improve as a public speaker. My advice is for her to take some acting workshops at the AADA to improve as a public speaker.

https://a60.asmdc.org/biography

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #20543 on: November 12, 2021, 01:06:24 PM »

Most forums I have joined, the mods do not ban nearly as much as they delete offtopic posts.  Seemed like a good approach -does not find any major fault, just removes whatever is not somewhere around the thread topic.  Personal tiffs could be handled by PM.  Nobody cares, when a couple posters get into a dispute and start yelling slander and backstabbing.  Nobody cares who is Right or Justified or the Holder of Truth, the bulk of members just want the pages cleared of grievance wars.

We could just call this thread Politics and Ideology, so it is nice and broad and covers what everyone is posting. 

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20544 on: November 12, 2021, 01:09:32 PM »

Most forums I have joined, the mods do not ban nearly as much as they delete offtopic posts.  Seemed like a good approach -does not find any major fault, just removes whatever is not somewhere around the thread topic.  Personal tiffs could be handled by PM.  Nobody cares, when a couple posters get into a dispute and start yelling slander and backstabbing.  Nobody cares who is Right or Justified or the Holder of Truth, the bulk of members just want the pages cleared of grievance wars.

We could just call this thread Politics and Ideology, so it is nice and broad and covers what everyone is posting.

Or we could just call it "Bullshit" and it would mean the same thing.

: )

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20545 on: November 12, 2021, 01:12:07 PM »

There are some brave Republicans: https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/11-12-2021/manchin-savages-fda-pick/

And it's good that the recognize how rhetoric can cause some to threaten violence.

So, maybe they'll go after Gosar.

Heh
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 01:14:56 PM by Hamilton Samuels »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20546 on: November 12, 2021, 01:16:39 PM »

There are extra stupidly shitty republicans as well. The shittiest ones are the ones gaining ground inside the GOP party-cult,

http://www.salon.com/2021/11/12/2022-primaries-will-take-gold-in-the-misogyny-olympics/
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20547 on: November 12, 2021, 01:29:06 PM »

Driving away one of our most observant and witty members (YANKGUY)  is not a win for anyone.   

I will miss him as well

We go way back.

(But if you are good we will get you a kitten)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20548 on: November 12, 2021, 01:30:26 PM »

There are some brave Republicans: https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/11-12-2021/manchin-savages-fda-pick/

And it's good that the recognize how rhetoric can cause some to threaten violence.

So, maybe they'll go after Gosar.

2/3

I am all for it.  Would set a fabulous precedent to future movement.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20549 on: November 12, 2021, 01:32:44 PM »

Why didn't I anticipate this?! It seems so obvious in retrospect:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/covid-vaccine-mandates-push-holdouts-get-shot-detox-rcna4859

"We met the mandate. Now let's (use pseudoscience to) undo the vaccination!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 2924