Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749907 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20550 on: November 12, 2021, 01:35:36 PM »

I am reminded of an old saying in politics: When the law is on your side, pound the law. When the facts are on your side, pound the facts. If neither the facts or law are on your side, pound the table. 

On topic posts here only.  Create a feedback thread for the oher stuff (like this).

KC  -  Love kittens.  Shorthair breeds preferred, if possible. 

Back to topic:  it is amazing what is crawling out of the political woodwork lately.  And also what happens in courtrooms where we usually hope for an impartial person on the bench...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-good-judge-kyle-rittenhouse-021313125.html

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20551 on: November 12, 2021, 01:48:53 PM »

Why didn't I anticipate this?! It seems so obvious in retrospect:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/covid-vaccine-mandates-push-holdouts-get-shot-detox-rcna4859

"We met the mandate. Now let's (use pseudoscience to) undo the vaccination!"

You know a lot of your links just get passed over, right?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20552 on: November 12, 2021, 01:51:13 PM »

I am reminded of an old saying in politics: When the law is on your side, pound the law. When the facts are on your side, pound the facts. If neither the facts or law are on your side, pound the table. 

On topic posts here only.  Create a feedback thread for the oher stuff (like this).

Back to topic:  it is amazing what is crawling out of the political woodwork lately.  And also what happens in courtrooms where we usually hope for an impartial person on the bench...

That's a link - how about an opinion?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20553 on: November 12, 2021, 01:54:51 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/covid-vaccine-mandates-push-holdouts-get-shot-detox-rcna4859

Kid, I expect you to pass over most of my links. You really want to avoid seeing stuff like this. Got that long ago.

But I think you will find that you are in the minority in that regard. Perhaps not a tiny minority, but nonetheless, more than half read more than half.

OTOH, it sure makes your plea that I stay ring more than a bit hollow!

LOL.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20554 on: November 12, 2021, 01:56:02 PM »

There are extra stupidly shitty republicans as well. The shittiest ones are the ones gaining ground inside the GOP party-cult,

http://www.salon.com/2021/11/12/2022-primaries-will-take-gold-in-the-misogyny-olympics/

Hershel Walker is for all good things

(AND he hit his wife)

Baby...

Bath water...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20555 on: November 12, 2021, 01:56:54 PM »

That you cannot tell that he expressed an opinion is... telling.

He disapproves of what the judge did and believes it demonstrates that this judge is not impartial and that that is inappropriate.

Try re-reading his intro to the link to see if you can pick up on it. He did not mean to be subtle, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20556 on: November 12, 2021, 01:58:04 PM »

The best outcome would be to permanently shut the whole supply chain down that lead to this unstable, violent, sick, and dangerous individual having a weapon of war in the first place.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20557 on: November 12, 2021, 02:05:44 PM »

Not an opinion

Sure did identify their slant though.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20558 on: November 12, 2021, 02:08:44 PM »

Usually a post would say something none of us already know - well, the best ones anyway

Already knew their Rittenhouse slant.  Not that they have ever explained it in so many words.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20559 on: November 12, 2021, 02:09:34 PM »

In the USA we are all allowed to own guns, and it is your right and your responsibility to protect your own life, and the lives of your family, and loved ones, and others.

And for instance, when I was a kid we lived 60 miles outside of Battle Mountain, Nevada, when my parents attempted to start a cattle ranch like Bonanza, the nearest police station was 60 miles away so we had to own guns and protect ourselves. My father taught me how to shoot a gun when I was 4 years old.

It is not up to a soldier to protect you, and it is not up to the police to protect you, it is up to you to own a gun and to protect yourself and your family. Especially if you live way out in a rural area in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20560 on: November 12, 2021, 02:13:20 PM »

Tony

You are fortunate that you didnt accidentally, inadvertently killed an innocent.

That fraction of society - the innocents lost because we can own guns - are the political pawns of those who despise the right wing.  So sadly so - as their lives should mean so much more.

And even in their minisculity they should be honored

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20561 on: November 12, 2021, 02:24:34 PM »

Not an opinion

Sure did identify their slant though.

Yes, an opinion. Clear as day to most of us.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20562 on: November 12, 2021, 02:36:41 PM »

That fraction of society - the innocents lost because we can own guns - are the political pawns of those who despise the right wing.

no.

They are the collateral damage of a society that has a gun violence problem that the right wing promotes with its policies, money, and influence.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #20563 on: November 12, 2021, 02:54:41 PM »

As Josh notes,  I offered fairly unsubtle clues.   I think judge should be removed for bias.   Especially the prejudicial language he allows to be applied to those who were shot.   The jury is taking all this in,  remember. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #20564 on: November 12, 2021, 03:06:12 PM »

Thanks for that surreal and fascinating link,  Josh. 

The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a radiation detox to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine.   

Jotting that one down for the next time I handle plutonium and forget my gloves!   
Pages: 1 ... 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 ... 2924