Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1393 1394 [1395] 1396 1397 ... 2785

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 652324 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20910 on: November 17, 2021, 11:29:44 PM »

"Mr. Travis McMichael killed my son all on assumptions," she said. "He had no real facts or where Ahmaud was coming from, what Ahmaud had done. He just took actions into his own hands."
She added, "He didnt have any facts on hand when he chose to pull the trigger. Not one time, but three times."

She didn't listen to the testimony very well

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/17/us/ahmaud-arbery-killing-trial-day-9-wednesday/index.html

Fuck that. Two cars and a shotgun.

Her son is dead.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20912 on: November 17, 2021, 11:37:26 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20913 on: November 18, 2021, 12:07:53 AM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20914 on: November 18, 2021, 12:18:18 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/17/us/florida-flagler-county-schools-all-boys-arent-blue-book/index.html

School board member suing because of a book. A book about a Black, queer, non-binary teen.

The four copies of "All Boys Aren't Blue" that were available at two high schools were removed from circulation as well as a copy that had been purchased for a middle school campus, pending the outcome of a review process, said Jason Wheeler, a spokesman for the district.

Lets go!!!

Let us get to stoking the inevitable bonfires...

Kid is just trying to get his micropenis to do what it used to do when he got excited. He needs some help with his package infrastructure these days.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20915 on: November 18, 2021, 02:49:11 AM »

One of my friends in London quipped, "I knew we shouldn't have elected Biden to be Queen!"

And what he explained that he meant was "If Americans are blaming Biden for inflation, they are even more daft than we thought!"

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20916 on: November 18, 2021, 07:58:58 AM »

Right

That sets the scene

Next?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #20918 on: November 18, 2021, 09:35:35 AM »

Oklahoma is fucking blood thirsty

https://apnews.com/article/oklahoma-oklahoma-city-9ec7991f9945365fbab7a001ded5014c

The governor is a dick

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/oklahoma-governor-refuses-meeting-with-family-of-death-row-inmate-julius-jones-126373445667

From NPR

The 41year old was sentenced to death in connection with the 1999 murder of Paul Howell. Jones has always maintained his innocence, and his supporters say there are serious holes in the case. Those include racial bias in the mostly-white jury and questions around the story of his co-defendant, who testified against Jones in exchange for a plea deal and reportedly admitted his guilt to at least three cellmates while in prison.

In fact, it was because of questions over Jones role in the murder that Oklahomas Pardon and Parole Board recommended earlier this month that his death sentence be commuted to life in prison with the possibility of parole. But Gov. Kevin Stitt has not acted on the recommendation. Theres still time for him to take up the parole boards recommendation, or else delay the execution to further review the case.

Thats what Jones loved ones and supporters are calling for. More than 6.5 million people have signed an online petition, thousands of students from more than a dozen Oklahoma schools staged walkouts yesterday and celebrities like Kim Kardashian West and Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield are weighing in on the case. A representative from the European Union has even written the governor a letter.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20919 on: November 18, 2021, 09:39:51 AM »

Right

That sets the scene

Next?

THREE shotgun blasts.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #20920 on: November 18, 2021, 09:43:16 AM »

The Party of the RICH

From that far right rag the Washington Post

The increase in the SALT cap is the second-most expensive item in the legislation over the next five years, more costly than establishing a paid family and medical leave program, and nearly twice as expensive as funding home-medical services for the elderly and disabled, according to an analysis by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

The study showed the SALT deduction would primarily benefit the top ten percent. Again, the numbers are staggering :

Over the next five years, raising the SALT cap would provide a tax cut only to those who itemize their taxes and pay more than $10,000 in state and local taxes, a group overwhelmingly made up of the wealthy. A recent analysis from the Tax Policy Center says the tax cut will benefit primarily the top 10 percent of income earners, with almost nothing flowing to middle and lower income families.

So what Biden wants to do is pass this MASSIVE $1.75 trillion bill, which will mean even higher food and energy prices due to the additional inflation all this spending will cause. He wants to explode the deficit further, and the bill benefits the wealthiest people in the country more than anyone else.

Facts you never read on Elba.

Your post appears to contradict that..

The bill that Bidn wanted has been thoroughly Manchinned.  Simply removing the 2017 corporate welfare tax reductions would have provided plenty of revenue for the BBB.  And some debt reduction to boot.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20921 on: November 18, 2021, 10:04:36 AM »

The Party of the RICH

From that far right rag the Washington Post

The increase in the SALT cap is the second-most expensive item in the legislation over the next five years, more costly than establishing a paid family and medical leave program, and nearly twice as expensive as funding home-medical services for the elderly and disabled, according to an analysis by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

The study showed the SALT deduction would primarily benefit the top ten percent. Again, the numbers are staggering :

Over the next five years, raising the SALT cap would provide a tax cut only to those who itemize their taxes and pay more than $10,000 in state and local taxes, a group overwhelmingly made up of the wealthy. A recent analysis from the Tax Policy Center says the tax cut will benefit primarily the top 10 percent of income earners, with almost nothing flowing to middle and lower income families.

So what Biden wants to do is pass this MASSIVE $1.75 trillion bill, which will mean even higher food and energy prices due to the additional inflation all this spending will cause. He wants to explode the deficit further, and the bill benefits the wealthiest people in the country more than anyone else.

Facts you never read on Elba.

I am not responsible for what you understand.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20922 on: November 18, 2021, 10:05:37 AM »

News Item

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration suspends implementation of the President Joe Biden vaccination  mandate for private employers, pending litigation.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 10:10:25 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

Holly Martins

« Reply #20923 on: November 18, 2021, 10:05:57 AM »

Some men stop me while I am jogging.  After pursuing me in a truck. And ordering me to stop.  They are not the police.  One brandishes a shotgun at me.  He is not the police.  I am in fear for my life.  My best chance of survival looks to be disarming the apparently deranged and hostile man who is pointing the gun at me.  There is no quick way to get beyond the range of a shotgun, no matter how fit a runner I am.

Understanding the victim PoV is not rocket science,  Kid.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #20924 on: November 18, 2021, 10:08:33 AM »

I am not responsible for what you understand.

Your post said you had facts you would never read on Elba.   Yet your post contained those facts and we read them.   Therefore you present a logical contradiction. 

I am not responsible for humor you do not get.
Pages: 1 ... 1393 1394 [1395] 1396 1397 ... 2785