Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 654016 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20880 on: November 17, 2021, 05:48:53 PM »

Sounds like Barton needs more sleep. Or less caffeine!

Ha!

More sleep need I.   It is like circadian farmer clock married a night owl clock.  Compromise has improved us both,  I think.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20881 on: November 17, 2021, 06:05:20 PM »

I think the tattooed braying elk dude should not have gotten 41 months in jail.  His needs seem to be more in the area of mental health treatment than the penal system.  And there were plenty of capitol stormers who were in their right minds and do deserve prison time.  Let the shaman go to a sweatlodge and then rub him down with willow branches and sage.

Apparently his actions previous to the attack was pretty instrumental in spreading and recruiting for the attack.

I have nothing to back that up beyond a reasoned opinion.

And it is a valid one.   He was instrumental.  My belief is that he was also a mentally ill man who was used as an instrument by others.   I think he is one case where treatment will reform better than caging.

Though I think it is seriously fucking flawed, the particular wringer strip-mall Viking and his insurrectionist friends got their tits stuck in is the American criminal Justice system as it is, not how we wish it to be.  As it is, the system is far bigger on being performatively tough on crime than it is on reform.

I do not imagine he will like prison much. Hopefully the sentence dissuades some that are fantasizing that in their blazes of glory they will look a lot like him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20882 on: November 17, 2021, 06:13:15 PM »

Bipartisanship continues

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/17/house-gosar-censure-aoc-video-522794

Two votes is not much, but two votes is also not zero.

It is going to be interesting when he gets called before the select committee and the results of further investigations into his conduct and the conduct of his staff and contributors are made public.
His winning margin in his district may drop to 65%.

Hopefully when the Republicans retake the House there wont be payback.  But making no guarantees.  If Dems want to keep their committee seats they should behave, on Twitter and everywhere else.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 06:28:16 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20883 on: November 17, 2021, 06:16:05 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/11/17/inflation-is-accelerated-by-our-addiction-to-fossil-fuels--bidens-agenda-can-break-that-dependency/

It is still too long until we pass this important deficit reducing deflationary package. Congress needs to once again get off its ass.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #20884 on: November 17, 2021, 06:16:57 PM »

Fac, you may be right about the performative aspect of our justice system.   With guys like Shaman man,  justice is on the (cough) horns of a dilemma.

Let me see if I follow the House censure logic that is au courant.

If you post a video in which you are depicted killing a fellow member of Congress,  you should apologize and that is sufficient.  And you should not be censured.

However if you vote for a package that creates new transit options,  rebuilds ports, grids,  roads,  bridges, and other infrastructure, and aids the onshoring of manufacturing jobs as well as creates new industries,  then you are a traitor to your party and should be censured,  even though the package is mostly things your party wanted and approved of a little while ago and which Americans generally favor.

Sure,  that makes sense.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20885 on: November 17, 2021, 06:17:19 PM »

A study released today by researchers at Tianjin Medical University says healthy individuals between the ages of 50 and 74 who drank two to three cups of coffee or three to five cups of tea per day, or a combination of four to six cups of both per day, had the lowest incidence of stroke and dementia among 365,682 study participants.

So sleep increases stroke risk?

In college, I was in a sport that has shown a marked increase in strokes among most participants, yet continues to this day.
The Crew team?

Just so (though we only call it crew).
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #20886 on: November 17, 2021, 06:22:01 PM »

The press painted the Arbery shooter as some kind of dumb yokel - couldn't be further from the truth.

What is your source then on his true character?

Just asking for a friend...

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20887 on: November 17, 2021, 06:30:21 PM »

Sure,  that makes sense.

The way you stated it?  No.  Not so much.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20888 on: November 17, 2021, 06:38:37 PM »

Bipartisanship continues

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/17/house-gosar-censure-aoc-video-522794

Two votes is not much, but two votes is also not zero.

It is going to be interesting when he gets called before the select committee and the results of further investigations into his conduct and the conduct of his staff and contributors are made public.
His winning margin in his district may drop to 65%.

Hopefully when the Republicans retake the House there wont be payback.  But making no guarantees.  If Dems want to keep their committee seats they should behave, on Twitter and everywhere else.
Well, to be fair Gozar was beyond the pale, did not apologize and his own party refused to deal with him. Any Dem under similar circs should be censured. What is more likely with Repos is they will blame the Gozar censure for any number of moves they will try without that kind of action. Because that is how they roll.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Holly Martins

« Reply #20889 on: November 17, 2021, 07:08:48 PM »

Sure,  that makes sense.

The way you stated it?  No.  Not so much.

Then you have fully grasped my ironic tone.  If there are factual mistatements in my brief summary please make them known.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20890 on: November 17, 2021, 07:24:08 PM »

I think the tattooed braying elk dude should not have gotten 41 months in jail.  His needs seem to be more in the area of mental health treatment than the penal system.  And there were plenty of capitol stormers who were in their right minds and do deserve prison time.  Let the shaman go to a sweatlodge and then rub him down with willow branches and sage.

Apparently his actions previous to the attack was pretty instrumental in spreading and recruiting for the attack.

I have nothing to back that up beyond a reasoned opinion.

And it is a valid one.   He was instrumental.  My belief is that he was also a mentally ill man who was used as an instrument by others.   I think he is one case where treatment will reform better than caging.

I think this falls into the Fucked Aound and Found Out category.

Hopefully the families of these nuts and their enablers (His Mom) will step in and stop abiding those tense Thanksgiving meals.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20891 on: November 17, 2021, 08:17:06 PM »

Well, to be fair Gozar was beyond the pale, did not apologize and his own party refused to deal with him. Any Dem under similar circs should be censured. What is more likely with Repos is they will blame the Gozar censure for any number of moves they will try without that kind of action. Because that is how they roll.

Ted Cruz was called a murderer

No apology

Like I said - I hope when we are on top again we can resist the payback.  The thought that WE can say/do what we want, you cannot - since WE have the votes.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20892 on: November 17, 2021, 08:17:52 PM »

If you get a chance check out the speech AOC gave in the House today.

Saw it.

She was on point.

As was Boebert, by the way.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20893 on: November 17, 2021, 08:54:09 PM »

She will raise money off her open sewer of brain disease as usual. Probably some innocent people will get attacked by buffoons inspired by the terrible floor speech, but why would a rancid semi-vegetable like Boebert care about things like that?

She knows she is already going to Hell anyway. She is just trying to inflict pain to pass time till they come and take her away.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20894 on: November 17, 2021, 08:55:14 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 2787