Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 2716

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498695 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20940 on: November 18, 2021, 01:41:10 PM »

The book banning,  when it reaches the extremes of people proposing actual book burnings, will play into the hands of Democrats. 

As extremists isolate themselves into their fringes,  cooler heads can point out that having a book in the library does not mean your child is forced to read it.   Many places already have religious exemptions for families where books like ABAB do get on a class reading list.   If your religious sect thinks B are only B, then you can opt out.

In olden days the extremists on the left were literal bomb throwers with big profiles.

Who are they today?

The extremists on the right include elected officials.

So just where is the center?

The left is too busy whining about how unfair life is to actually accomplish anything.

The right has gone off the rails.

The center is there, but no one listens to them as the left and the right are took busy screaming at each other, and the center can't be heard over such a din of iniquity. (That one's for you, Barton!)

BTW, speaking of accomplishments, Lawrence, you have yet to post the ones you found for the Squad, as you've been asked several times to do.

Stuck on that one?

BTW

I am fine with the Squad.

I already said what I was gonna say about them.

If you have proof they have no accomplishments you can post that and you wanna know something?

I still will not give one fuck about your opinion because you have no credibility with me in any way shape or form.

Put that in your pipe and then shove it up...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20941 on: November 18, 2021, 01:43:03 PM »

As we increase public transportation, we need to have armed guards on the trains and subways and at the stations. We need to make our trains and subways safe for the young women, and for everyone.

Also, we should open used bookstores at the train stations, and at the Greyhound bus stations, etc, people can read books as they travel and our people can be learning new things while they read. Books are the key to a whole new world, we need to get our people to read books, and selling books at train stations would be a great idea.

As we build clean fast mass transit, we need to remember the issues of security, and bookstores at the stations.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20943 on: November 18, 2021, 02:31:44 PM »

The book banning,  when it reaches the extremes of people proposing actual book burnings, will play into the hands of Democrats. 

As extremists isolate themselves into their fringes,  cooler heads can point out that having a book in the library does not mean your child is forced to read it.   Many places already have religious exemptions for families where books like ABAB do get on a class reading list.   If your religious sect thinks B are only B, then you can opt out.

In olden days the extremists on the left were literal bomb throwers with big profiles.

Who are they today?

The left is too busy whining about how unfair life is to actually accomplish anything.

The center is there, but no one listens to them as the left and the right are took busy screaming at each other, and the center can't be heard over such a din of iniquity. (That one's for you, Barton!)

BTW, speaking of accomplishments, Lawrence, you have yet to post the ones you found for the Squad, as you've been asked several times to do.

Stuck on that one?

BTW

If you have proof they have no accomplishments you can post that and you wanna know something?

I still will not give one fuck about your opinion because you have no credibility with me in any way shape or form.

So, you want me to post something that doesn't exist?

Sorry, Lawrence, but it was you who made a statement that they had accomplishments in Congress, and you have yet to show what they exactly are.

Maybe just STFU, and admit you fucked up once again.

But then, that never happens, does it?

We will have to just chalk it up as another one in the L column for you, Little Larry.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20944 on: November 18, 2021, 02:32:11 PM »

The USA has always had protests that turned into riots, since the beginning with the Whiskey Rebellion while President George Washington was in office.

www.history.com/topics/early-us/whiskey-rebellion

To say that the USA will never have another riot would be foolish. The USA will always have riots. The best we can do is to learn to manage the riots, and do crowd control, etc.

Trump needs his ass kicked, and he needs to put America ahead of himself.

On the issue of riots and crowd control, our cops who are in charge of handling riots and stuff in cities need to go work at Universal Studios, and at Disneyland, and at Angel games, and at rock concerts, etc, and the cops need to get comfortable working with large crowds. The cops also need to learn to do blockades, and they need to learn how to protect grocery stores and housing, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 04:26:41 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20945 on: November 18, 2021, 02:32:56 PM »

Hey josh, is banks still banned, banned again, or is he MIA because of another adolescent snit?

Asking for a friend.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20947 on: November 18, 2021, 02:42:48 PM »

As extremists isolate themselves into their fringes,  cooler heads can point out that having a book in the library does not mean your child is forced to read it. 

I think parents should have a right to approve a child's reading.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20948 on: November 18, 2021, 02:52:34 PM »

As extremists isolate themselves into their fringes,  cooler heads can point out that having a book in the library does not mean your child is forced to read it. 

I think parents should have a right to approve a child's reading.

I think teachers should have a right to approve a parent having a child.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20949 on: November 18, 2021, 03:03:57 PM »

Sorry, Lawrence, but it was you who made a statement that they had accomplishments in Congress, and you have yet to show what they exactly are.

We will have to just chalk it up as another one in the L column for you, Little Larry.

Heh

The Squad is making virulent racists visibly uncomfortable which is making them easier to identify when it would further their racist interests more to just STFU.

This is important because, as we move further into a post-racist society it is good to identify those we are at the end going to have to simply leave behind.

Bye Felicia.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20951 on: November 18, 2021, 03:22:32 PM »

Who are they today?

Stuck on that one?

BTW

Heh

Yeehaw!

HammySammy is triggered once again.

You mad, bro?

heh

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 03:27:20 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20952 on: November 18, 2021, 03:26:55 PM »

Heh

The Squad is making virulent racists visibly uncomfortable which is making them easier to identify when it would further their racist interests more to just STFU.

This is important because, as we move further into a post-racist society it is good to identify those we are at the end going to have to simply leave behind.

Bye Felicia.

Look, I know you're trying to help out your friend, but that isn't what was asked.

Nice attempt to redirect, though.

Ciao, Lydia.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20953 on: November 18, 2021, 03:30:26 PM »

Who are they today?

Stuck on that one?

BTW

Heh

Yeehaw!

Go away, son.

I do not give piece of a damn one if you post something or not.

The trigger is all yours, Dale. 

Nice attempt to show you are above reproach, but you're not.

Like Red, you can't deliver when asked to produce something to back up your assertion.

If you can't answer a straight up question, you are really not worth ANYONE'S time.

Unless they enjoy the ramblings of a professional victim.

Ta-ta, Bama.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20954 on: November 18, 2021, 03:49:48 PM »

Who are they today?

Stuck on that one?

BTW

Heh

Yeehaw!

Go away, son.

I do not give piece of a damn one if you post something or not.

The trigger is all yours, Dale. 

Nice attempt to show you are above reproach, but you're not.

Like Red, you can't deliver when asked to produce something to back up your assertion.

If you can't answer a straight up question, you are really not worth ANYONE'S time.

Unless they enjoy the ramblings of a professional victim.

Ta-ta, Bama.

You mad, bro?

heh

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 2716