Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760048 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21555 on: November 30, 2021, 10:32:56 AM »

The Congressional Gold Medal is Congress' highest honor for distinguished achievements and contributions. Recipients include the Wright Brothers, Thomas Edison, Robert Frost, Walt Disney and Martin Luther King Jr.

Republicans want to give one to Kyle Rittenhouse.

The Wright Brothers, Edison, Frost, Disney, King, and Rittenhouse.

One of these things is not like the others.

https://patch.com/illinois/grayslake/rittenhouse-could-get-congressional-gold-medal-if-bill-passes

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21556 on: November 30, 2021, 10:46:29 AM »

No respect for the law. It's a settled case. That you didn't like the outcome is just too damn bad.

Under the law, he's free.

https://bnc.tv/arizona-state-university-students-want-school-to-withdraw-kyle-rittenhouse/

Fear is not irrational.  Rittenhouse might consider after what has happened that he should publicly renounce guns on his own part, and vow that he will never carry again.

What the "students" there are doing is not really different than this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/30/donald-trump-called-top-aides-capitol-riot-biden
Yes it is. Much different.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #21557 on: November 30, 2021, 10:47:58 AM »

"Tragic? Perhaps. But unnecessary because HE made the wrong choices."

This is one of those examples in which you demonstrate that you believe public execution for minor crimes is acceptable.

Unnecessary because they both made wrong choices[/i]

Tragic because it cost one his life and will cost the other mentally/emotionally for the rest of her life, even if it does not cost her her job or more, which it well might.

His mistake did not have to cost anybody a life or livelihood.

Hers did.

If dumbfuck showed up in court, he'd be alive. Maybe behind bars, but alive.

His fuck-up led to the accidental shooting.

Dispute that.

No need to make up things that haven't happened. Leave that to the AZ-hole.

The end.
Once again Forrest is perfectly fine with the public execution of petty criminals. And blatantly ignorant of the legal principles of causation.

Once again, you have deliberately mischaracterized my opinion in order to advance yours.

It's wrong. It's lazy intellectually, it shows you've got no compelling counterpoint.

By adopting Goebbels's methods as your trump card, you lose again.
So the use of Nazi imagery is only antisemitic when Larry uses it? Got it.

You put the shoe on, and it fits perfectly.

Nice to see you keeping at it and confirming your status as merely a propagandist, Joey.
You have never liked your own rules and arguments to being applied to you, antisemite.
A parrot bit me.

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #21558 on: November 30, 2021, 11:07:32 AM »

No respect for the law. It's a settled case. That you didn't like the outcome is just too damn bad.

https://bnc.tv/arizona-state-university-students-want-school-to-withdraw-kyle-rittenhouse/

Fear is not irrational.  Rittenhouse might consider after what has happened that he should publicly renounce guns on his own part, and vow that he will never carry again.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/30/donald-trump-called-top-aides-capitol-riot-biden

One being a genuine campus safety issue (the kid took a gun to a volatile street demonstration, and shot three, killed two) and the other a pseudo issue of nonexistent election fraud. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21559 on: November 30, 2021, 11:11:07 AM »

In an interview last year, the incoming CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal, made it clear that free speech is not a priority for the company, and that his platform would not be bound by the First Amendment. Agrawal said
The kinds of things that we do about this is, focus less on thinking about free speech, but thinking about how the times have changed.

Which is the definition of an idiot.

No worries. You can go peddle your lies on Parler
Missed that idiocy. Free speech is not GM's priority either. And Twitter is not bound by the first amendment.

Duh,
No shit!
Which makes the Twitter clown an idiot for repeating the obvious.
And maybe you for repeating the idiot

Holly Martins

« Reply #21560 on: November 30, 2021, 11:16:21 AM »

Speaking of Twitter, here is a test of your humorous irony meter.

Some conservatives said they see little prospect for change at Twitter, with or without Dorsey, especially in the fight over what they call Silicon Valley s pervasive censorship of the right. The communists will run Twitter soon,  tweeted right-wing commentator Candace Owens after the news of Dorsey

Holly Martins

« Reply #21561 on: November 30, 2021, 11:19:53 AM »

One being a genuine campus safety issue (the kid took a gun to a volatile street demonstration, and shot three, killed two) and the other a pseudo issue of nonexistent election fraud.

Liberty U will welcome him, and plan to offer their Shoot Atheist Commies for Jesus Scholarship.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21562 on: November 30, 2021, 11:35:19 AM »

In an interview last year, the incoming CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal, made it clear that free speech is not a priority for the company, and that his platform would not be bound by the First Amendment. Agrawal said
The kinds of things that we do about this is, focus less on thinking about free speech, but thinking about how the times have changed.

What did Agrawal actually say?  Entire direct quote, please.  Not going to respond to secondhand account of what was said.

And touche, to the post above this one.

"Our role is not to be bound by the First Amendment, but our role is to serve a healthy public conversation and our moves are reflective of things that we believe lead to a healthier public conversation," Agrawal said in 2020 during an interview with Technology Reviews Editor in Chief Gideon Lichfield. "The kinds of things that we do about this is, focus less on thinking about free speech, but thinking about how the times have changed."

Link to entire interview:

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/11/18/1012066/emtech-stage-twitters-cto-on-misinformation/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:37:22 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21563 on: November 30, 2021, 11:39:14 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #21564 on: November 30, 2021, 11:39:29 AM »

He was attending on line. At least, for long enough for him to look good for the jury.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21565 on: November 30, 2021, 11:41:29 AM »

The Congressional Gold Medal is Congress' highest honor for distinguished achievements and contributions. Recipients include the Wright Brothers, Thomas Edison, Robert Frost, Walt Disney and Martin Luther King Jr.

Republicans want to give one to Kyle Rittenhouse.

The Wright Brothers, Edison, Frost, Disney, King, and Rittenhouse.

One of these things is not like the others.

https://patch.com/illinois/grayslake/rittenhouse-could-get-congressional-gold-medal-if-bill-passes

Because one of them wrote a bill?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #21566 on: November 30, 2021, 11:44:15 AM »

Missed that idiocy. Free speech is not GM's priority either. And Twitter is not bound by the first amendment.

Duh,
No shit!
LOL. You are the one who glommed onto some right wing drivel and posted it without thought. Not me.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21567 on: November 30, 2021, 11:47:25 AM »

Duh,
No shit!
LOL. You are the one who glommed onto some right wing drivel and posted it without thought. Not me.
The drivel was the quote from the Twitter idiot
You seem to be losing your edge.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21568 on: November 30, 2021, 11:57:18 AM »

"Tragic? Perhaps. But unnecessary because HE made the wrong choices."

This is one of those examples in which you demonstrate that you believe public execution for minor crimes is acceptable.

Unnecessary because they both made wrong choices[/i]

Tragic because it cost one his life and will cost the other mentally/emotionally for the rest of her life, even if it does not cost her her job or more, which it well might.

His mistake did not have to cost anybody a life or livelihood.

Hers did.

If dumbfuck showed up in court, he'd be alive. Maybe behind bars, but alive.

His fuck-up led to the accidental shooting.

Dispute that.

No need to make up things that haven't happened. Leave that to the AZ-hole.

The end.
Once again Forrest is perfectly fine with the public execution of petty criminals. And blatantly ignorant of the legal principles of causation.

Once again, you have deliberately mischaracterized my opinion in order to advance yours.

It's wrong. It's lazy intellectually, it shows you've got no compelling counterpoint.

By adopting Goebbels's methods as your trump card, you lose again.
So the use of Nazi imagery is only antisemitic when Larry uses it? Got it.

You put the shoe on, and it fits perfectly.

Nice to see you keeping at it and confirming your status as merely a propagandist, Joey.
You have never liked your own rules and arguments to being applied to you, antisemite.

Okay, Joey
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21569 on: November 30, 2021, 12:08:17 PM »

No. Both being people who do not like legal outcomes trying to still punish their enemies and subvert the meaning of the law.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:02:52 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 2929