Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1490 1491 [1492] 1493 1494 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761164 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22365 on: December 18, 2021, 07:28:13 PM »

I remember the Clinton years, it was all downhill here in California, and I remember watching him on television as he did everything wrong.

Your memory doesn't align with the facts.

That is a pre-rehab memory, Josh.

Actually, I have been lucky and I was never addicted to anything, except for cigarettes, no need for re-hab. But, I did have a nervous breakdown and I had to spend a month in the hospital, that was a result of being homeless for 2 years and just going through too much bullshit with no help.

And Facilitatorn is right, Pete Wilson was a horrible governor, that could be part of the reason why California has suffered. California has been going downhill since the 1990s. Factories closed and were never replaced, and it just kept going, and kept getting worse. Right now a job as a manager at an In N Out Burger restaurant is a good job that pays $120,000 per year, we are to a point where a fast food restaurant manager job is a good job. Adults are delivering newspapers instead of children.

At this point the best thing to do would be to use tariffs on imports to educate and train our people for the jobs of the future. The new immigrants from our Southern Border can do the labor, they can pick the oranges, etc, and they can build the houses etc, while our citizens go to school and prepare for the jobs of the future.

And we need to help our homeless people, and we can put them to work doing public landscaping, etc.

We also need to hurry up and get the money into our economy for Biden's programs, we need to get people out there building high speed trains with Amtrak, etc, those work camps are going to be paradise for the homeless people, and they can work and save and buy land in the USA, they can buy land in Battle Mountain, Nevada, for one thousand dollars per acre, they can go from being homeless to being a land owner.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22366 on: December 18, 2021, 07:52:00 PM »

You understand you just advanced a good reason to mandate more vaccination, right?
More mandates that are illegal and cause a shortage of health workers?

And why is there a shortage of health care workers in the first place?  Because there are so many sick people, which results from high rates of covid infection, which in turn results from lack of public health mandates like universal vaccination.   Nothing in our legal system bars extraordinary measures to deal with contagious diseases.  That is how smallpox was eradicated.  (See my previous comment on when personal bodily autonomy gives way to demands  of serious public health threats)

Nothing in the legal system?
How is Brandon doing in the courts?
Ask the 6th Circuit.
That one will be under further review.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22367 on: December 18, 2021, 10:39:23 PM »

You understand you just advanced a good reason to mandate more vaccination, right?

And why is there a shortage of health care workers in the first place?  Because there are so many sick people, which results from high rates of covid infection, which in turn results from lack of public health mandates like universal vaccination.   Nothing in our legal system bars extraordinary measures to deal with contagious diseases.  That is how smallpox was eradicated.  (See my previous comment on when personal bodily autonomy gives way to demands  of serious public health threats)

Ask the 6th Circuit.
All of them will be. I note you ignore that point for the cases you like.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22368 on: December 19, 2021, 12:09:34 AM »

Ask the 6th Circuit.
All of them will be. I note you ignore that point for the cases you like.
Thats pointless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22369 on: December 19, 2021, 09:53:38 AM »

What did I tell you about this Moderate motherfucker?

I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation, Manchin said. I just canWhat did I tell you about this Moderate motherfucker?

I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation, Manchin said. I just can not I have. tried everything humanly possible. I can not get there.

The host, Bret Baier, said: You are done? This is a no?

Manchin said: This is a no on this piece of legislation. I have tried everything I know to do.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/19/joe-manchin-biden-build-back-better-no-fox-news

2009-2010 all over again.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 09:55:56 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22370 on: December 19, 2021, 10:01:46 AM »

Program note -

Trump/DeSantis share Bartiromo's 10 AM Fox News show.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22371 on: December 19, 2021, 10:04:20 AM »

I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation, Manchin said. I just canWhat did I tell you about this Moderate motherfucker?

I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation, Manchin said. I just can not I have. tried everything humanly possible. I can not get there.

Manchin said: This is a no on this piece of legislation. I have tried everything I know to do.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/19/joe-manchin-biden-build-back-better-no-fox-news

Manchin has given them every opportunity to pass this bill.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22372 on: December 19, 2021, 10:05:44 AM »

DeSantis:

Hospitalizations in the north have been driven by the DELTA variant.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22373 on: December 19, 2021, 11:06:52 AM »

News Item, December 19, 2021

Manchin says not only NO, but Hell NO!

WASHINGTON Sen. Joe Manchin (D., W.Va.) said he will not support the Build Back Better plan, a decision that could doom the top  top domestic-policy priority of President Biden.

This is a no on this legislation, Mr. Manchin said on Fox News Sunday. I have tried everything.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 11:42:32 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22374 on: December 19, 2021, 11:21:56 AM »

COVID UPENDS LIFE.  AGAIN.

Fucking CNN alarmists

heh

https://www.cnn.com/?refresh=1

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22375 on: December 19, 2021, 11:28:39 AM »

Manchin has given them every opportunity to pass this bill.

Manchin is a dick

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #22376 on: December 19, 2021, 12:04:14 PM »

Mansion never negotiated in good faith, as Pressley observed. 

The most important BttDB move is to craft separate legislation for the environment.  We all need to be sustained by a healthy planet.  And stewardship of land and water will in the long run ensure food is more affordable.  Inflation on cars and tvs is one thing, inflation of food staples is another.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22377 on: December 19, 2021, 01:20:27 PM »

Best thing now is to take Ted Cruz of Texas, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Cynthia M. Lummis of Wyoming, Tommy Tuberville of Alabama, Steve Daines of Montana, John Neely Kennedy of Louisiana, Bill Hagerty of Tennessee, Mike Braun of Indiana and Roger Marshall of Kansas to a black site and interrogate them kinetically, like we do to other known terrorists, long enough to reconvene the Senate, end the filibuster, pass the full Biden agenda, and pack the federal courts including the high court.

Manchin and Sinema can lodge their objections by voting with the minority of republicans that are left.

It is time.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22378 on: December 19, 2021, 01:22:28 PM »

Best thing now is to take Ted Cruz of Texas, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Cynthia M. Lummis of Wyoming, Tommy Tuberville of Alabama, Steve Daines of Montana, John Neely Kennedy of Louisiana, Bill Hagerty of Tennessee, Mike Braun of Indiana and Roger Marshall of Kansas to a black site and interrogate them kinetically, like we do to other known terrorists, long enough to reconvene the Senate, end the filibuster, pass the full Biden agenda, and pack the federal courts including the high court.

Manchin and Sinema can lodge their objections by voting with the minority of republicans that are left.

It is time.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22379 on: December 19, 2021, 02:10:29 PM »

Mansion never negotiated in good faith, as Pressley observed. 

Fewer than a third of voters have a favorable opinion of Congress, and most do not support the Build Back Better legislation now pending in the Senate.
Rasmussen

Presley is the clueless one.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 02:17:28 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 1490 1491 [1492] 1493 1494 ... 2929