Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1526 1527 [1528] 1529 1530 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763935 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22905 on: January 07, 2022, 06:28:24 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/07/movies/sidney-poitier-dead.html

One of the most powerful moments in my preteen life was when he delivered this line:

They call me MISTER Tibbs!

Yep, 1967 was an Annus Mirabilis for him.  And us.  And when Poitier slaps back the guy in Heat of the Night, that was not in the script.  A physical ad lib, so to speak.  Awesome in both ancient and modern sense. 

Anyway, RIP to Sir, with love. 

Oh, look, Ward tried to project!  That's cute.

So..guess who's NOT coming to dinner, tonight?

He is always coming to dinner and breakfast and lunch. He has earned the headspace throughout time.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22908 on: January 07, 2022, 07:25:52 PM »

Guys, this is something to be aware of for your wives, sisters, and daughters (and granddaughters):

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jan/04/women-more-likely-die-operation-male-surgeon-study?

Women face a 15% greater likelihood of a significantly worse outcome, and 32% greater chance of death resulting from major surgery if that surgery is done by a male doctor than done by a female doctor.

Study looked at more than a million patients and nearly 3,000 surgeons in Ontario from 2007 to 2019. They looked at age, health, and other potentially confounding factors.

(And before you ask, Bambu, because you are predictable, there is no greater or lesser risk for male patients, regardless of whether the surgeon is male or femaile.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22909 on: January 07, 2022, 07:28:22 PM »

It looks like the Filippini Ranch in Battle Mountain, Nevada, is still in business, our families were friends when I was a little kid, I remember soaking in the natural hot spings on the Filippini Ranch...

https://www.bizapedia.com/nv/filippini-ranching-co.html

We need to support the small cattle ranchers in Nevada so that we can bring down the high cost of beef. The more supply, then the lower the cost.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22910 on: January 07, 2022, 07:31:50 PM »

It looks like the Filippini Ranch in Battle Mountain, Nevada, is still in business, our families were friends when I was a little kid, I remember soaking in the natural hot spings on the Filippini Ranch...

https://www.bizapedia.com/nv/filippini-ranching-co.html

We need to support the small cattle ranchers in Nevada so that we can bring down the high cost of beef. The more supply, then the lower the cost.

Salute,

Tony V.
Perhaps the King of Spain and some Philippine nurses will save them.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Holly Martins

« Reply #22912 on: January 07, 2022, 08:38:09 PM »

Justice Sotomayor today, apparently ready to defend Biden Vaccine mandates, stated there are 100,000 children hospitalized MANY on ventilators from Covid !

I was opposed to SCOTUS term limits.Not any more. The term for Sotomayor should end tonight.

Any chance you factchecked the "many"?  Kind of a vague word.  Anyway, way to ignore her main point there.

Holly Martins

« Reply #22913 on: January 07, 2022, 08:41:05 PM »

Philippine nurses are hot!  We should sell calendars of them, administering various medical procedures in swimsuits!  Use the money to defrost Roy Rogers head and bring him back to share his wisdom! 

Holly Martins

« Reply #22914 on: January 07, 2022, 08:42:06 PM »

Or was that Ted Williams?   Doesn't matter.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22915 on: January 07, 2022, 10:10:14 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22916 on: January 07, 2022, 10:13:47 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22917 on: January 07, 2022, 11:13:17 PM »

Justice Sotomayor today, apparently ready to defend Biden Vaccine mandates, stated there are 100,000 children hospitalized MANY on ventilators from Covid !

I was opposed to SCOTUS term limits.Not any more. The term for Sotomayor should end tonight.

Any chance you factchecked the "many"?  Kind of a vague word.  Anyway, way to ignore her main point there.
She has no point.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22918 on: January 07, 2022, 11:15:32 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22919 on: January 07, 2022, 11:47:00 PM »

Philippine nurses are hot!  We should sell calendars of them, administering various medical procedures in swimsuits!  Use the money to defrost Roy Rogers head and bring him back to share his wisdom!

Can we all meet in Nevada and soak in the hot springs with  the hot nurses and the The King of Spain?

We can book not hearses and the Tiger King of Belize. Will that do? Also it will have to be Mesquite, not Reno or Vegas.
Pages: 1 ... 1526 1527 [1528] 1529 1530 ... 2929