Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745839 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23340 on: January 22, 2022, 03:27:29 PM »

That was intelligent.
None of the vaccine mandate decisions are constitutional disputes. Each of the mandates has been based by the Biden administration on a specific grant of legislative authority to the executive. In two cases (including this recent one) the courts have ruled that the grant of authority the Biden administration relies on does not allow the mandate. I think the decisions are wrong, but the point is they involve an interpretation of statutory language, not constitutional power. If OSHA had been read as allowing the mandate, for example, the mandate would have stood because that legislative authority would given the administration the power. That is why the medical mandate stands.

Red does not understand this because the right wing web sites he relentlessly regurgitate lie to him and he does not know enough to question them.

What's baffling to many of us is that interpretation doesn't land on the side of public safety, where there seems to me to be centuries of statutory support.  Governments for many centuries have restricted personal freedom where public health, especially contagion, is concerned.  And democratic ones have not strapped people down and forced them to receive shots - just made shots a requirement for entering certain public domains where transmission is likely.  Same conditional approach as requiring shoes be worn into buildings in the American South, where hookworms were prevalent.  Or polio vaccines for school attendance.  Or requiring a blood alcohol level below a certain percent to legally drive a vehicle.

All freedoms are relative to a social contract where harm to others is in some way proscribed.  You can eat a box of candy bars - it's you who gets sick.  You don't walk in to the room, breathe sugary fumes on me, and give me diabetes. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23341 on: January 22, 2022, 03:33:57 PM »

That was intelligent.
None of the vaccine mandate decisions are constitutional disputes. Each of the mandates has been based by the Biden administration on a specific grant of legislative authority to the executive. In two cases (including this recent one) the courts have ruled that the grant of authority the Biden administration relies on does not allow the mandate. I think the decisions are wrong, but the point is they involve an interpretation of statutory language, not constitutional power. If OSHA had been read as allowing the mandate, for example, the mandate would have stood because that legislative authority would given the administration the power. That is why the medical mandate stands.

Red does not understand this because the right wing web sites he relentlessly regurgitate lie to him and he does not know enough to question them.

What's baffling to many of us is that interpretation doesn't land on the side of public safety, where there seems to me to be centuries of statutory support.  Governments for many centuries have restricted personal freedom where public health, especially contagion, is concerned.  And democratic ones have not strapped people down and forced them to receive shots - just made shots a requirement for entering certain public domains where transmission is likely.  Same conditional approach as requiring shoes be worn into buildings in the American South, where hookworms were prevalent.  Or polio vaccines for school attendance.  Or requiring a blood alcohol level below a certain percent to legally drive a vehicle.

All freedoms are relative to a social contract where harm to others is in some way proscribed.  You can eat a box of candy bars - it's you who gets sick.  You don't walk in to the room, breathe sugary fumes on me, and give me diabetes.
Talk about missing the point, not to mention the law.
Read the decisions.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 03:38:26 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Holly Martins

« Reply #23342 on: January 22, 2022, 03:37:51 PM »

Meat Loaf has expired!  And, one hopes, found paradise by the dashboard light. 

Hot patootie, bless my soul!

I will do anything for love but I wont get vaxxed!

Is it known if Meat Loaf was vaccinated?  I have heard rumors he died of serious covid, but not sure if that's verified yet.  That would really be sad.  I don't think he really paid a lot of attention to the science or to politics, seems like he tended to be guided by some libertarian ideas and not necessarily aware of some of the lies out there.  But really not sure what his thing was. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #23343 on: January 22, 2022, 03:42:41 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/politics/campaign-ads-2020-election-lie/index.html

This kind of advertising should be illegal.

Sure.  Make alluding to the "BIG LIE" illegal as well.  We'll wait.

It is a lie, and a large one.  No one is alluding, they're saying.  Big. Fat. Lie.  Calling out big fat lies from big fat lying politicians is constitutionally protected.   

Biden won.  The bums lost.  Your revolution is over, Lebowski. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #23344 on: January 22, 2022, 03:49:27 PM »

Which are the "right wing websites"?

And while you are at it, which ones are left wing?

Thanks

To paraphrase Justice Potter Stewart, you know it when you see it.

Start by looking at the Washington Examiner...

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23345 on: January 22, 2022, 04:26:48 PM »

Is it known if Meat Loaf was vaccinated?  I have heard rumors he died of serious covid, but not sure if that's verified yet.  That would really be sad.  I don't think he really paid a lot of attention to the science or to politics, seems like he tended to be guided by some libertarian ideas and not necessarily aware of some of the lies out there.  But really not sure what his thing was.

Shhhh.....

At least a day or two for respect, please.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23346 on: January 22, 2022, 04:29:07 PM »

It is a lie, and a large one.  No one is alluding, they're saying.  Big. Fat. Lie.  Calling out big fat lies from big fat lying politicians is constitutionally protected.   

Exactly.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23347 on: January 22, 2022, 04:31:11 PM »

As the world becomes more wealthy then tourism is becoming a bigger industry, and it pays to save and preserve the beautiful places around the world. For instance in Costa Rica they stopped the logging and the mining, etc, and they returned everything to a pristine state, and they serve the tourists now, and people go there for honeymoons, etc.

And in California, as well as Nevada, we depend on tourism, and we need to keep things nice and clean for the tourists. And we need to help the homeless people, and we need to have hostels for $15 per night where people can take a nice hot shower and where they can sleep in a nice comfortable bed.

We also need to build a high speed train between Vegas and Anaheim for our tourists, we can build the high speed train with Amtrak. If you go one way then you go to Vegas, and if you go the other way then you go to Disneyland.

And as we expand tourism then the world becomes kinder, and gentler, and more polite. We become a society that serves other people, we serve the tourists. And you do not have to be a criminal but instead you can simply serve the touists, you can be honest, and kind, and polite, and you can serve the tourists. The world can be a kinder place as we expand tourism.

In Anaheim our City motto is "City of Kindness."

No one wants to go on vacation to a war zone, or to a place with garbage and air pollution, so the world becomes more peaceful and clean as we all strive to attract the tourists.

Instead of selling cocaine and going to prison, you can sell Italian sunglasses to tourists and flip flops and suntan lotion and you can have a happy and good crime-free life. There is no need for crime if you can make an honest living.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #23348 on: January 22, 2022, 04:36:59 PM »

In my paper today;
"Putin won't invade until after the Olympics, to appease Xi."
Ukrainian general;
 "Ukrainian soldiers are ready to rip the Russians apart with their bare hands."

Time for the US to form a Coalition Of Nations (CON) to repel Russia, China and their allies.
WW3 looms...if the correct measures aren't taken now.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23349 on: January 22, 2022, 06:06:02 PM »

In my paper today;
Ukrainian general;

Time for the US to form a Coalition Of Nations (CON) to repel Russia, China and their allies.

I sent my ideas to Richard Branson a week or two ago... About producing a concert for peace in Moscow, featuring Jon Bon Jovi, and other bands. We need to appeal to the best in humanity, we need to take the high road. And we need for the people of Russia to get out and to march for peace.

Also, we need to build up the French Foreign Legion, people from Latin America, and from the Philippines, and from Australia,
 etc, can join the French Foreign Legion, and the women too, and the women can fly fighter jets, women love to fly fighter jets, they can train at Edwards Air Force Base and they can join the French Foreign Legion. The French Foreign Legion can have the best equipment available and they can have fighter jets, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #23350 on: January 22, 2022, 06:19:30 PM »

In my paper today;
Ukrainian general;

The General said that all of the Ukranian soldiers had lost someone recently, many lost their houses...and basically are ready to fight the Russisns to death

I sent my ideas to Richard Branson a week or two ago... About producing a concert for peace in Moscow, featuring Jon Bon Jovi, and other bands. We need to appeal to the best in humanity, we need to take the high road. And we need for the people of Russia to get out and to march for peace.

Also, we need to build up the French Foreign Legion, people from Latin America, and from the Philippines, and from Australia,
 etc, can join the French Foreign Legion, and the women too, and the women can fly fighter jets, women love to fly fighter jets, they can train at Edwards Air Force Base and they can join the French Foreign Legion. The French Foreign Legion can have the best equipment available and they can have fighter jets, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Australia needs nukes.
Fighting China on the beaches...the millions of invading Chinese troops etc couldn't be killed quickly enough.
Nukes, and hypersonic missiles that China has but the US is still making [how on earth did that happen? maybe too much concentration on spaceships to Mars and not enough on missiles of war?], with which to turn Beijing and Shanghai into ash are what's needed.

The total folly of Australia's signing nuclear non-proliferation treaties instead of arming itself.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #23351 on: January 22, 2022, 06:24:08 PM »

Why is Joe defending the fascists in the Ukraine? A long time ago there were bad commies and good religious folks. Not worth another global conflict.

Go back to sleep, Rip Van luee

Biden is Rip Van most are so over the cold war idiocy. No desire at all to go fighting to protect the fascists in the ukraine.

Gotta do something though...economic sanctions, starve Russia of food, something...first Ukraine, then teamed up with China to takeover the world one farm, one company, one suburb, one city, one country at a time.
China already owns much of America, while Nero was fiddling.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23352 on: January 22, 2022, 06:31:01 PM »

In my paper today;
Ukrainian general;

The General said that all of the Ukranian soldiers had lost someone recently, many lost their houses...and basically are ready to fight the Russisns to death

Salute,

Tony V.

Australia needs nukes.
Fighting China on the beaches...the millions of invading Chinese troops etc couldn't be killed quickly enough.
Nukes, and hypersonic missiles that China has but the US is still making [how on earth did that happen? maybe too much concentration on spaceships to Mars and not enough on missiles of war?], with which to turn Beijing and Shanghai into ash are what's needed.

The total folly of Australia's signing nuclear non-proliferation treaties instead of arming itself.

France has nukes, including nuclear submarines, and the USA has nukes and subs as well, and so Australia is protected.

And I helped to build a few laboratories and a conference room at a place where they work on Missile Defense, to stop missiles. We can make sure that a missile never hits Australia. And we worked as a team with Israel, on Iron Dome, and we can protect Australia too. And we protect Europe too, we are not going to allow a missile to hit Europe. That was what I worked on was Missile Defense, we built a place where we can learn how to stop missiles.

We also have satellites now with eyes in the sky everywhere, we can see everything. No one is going to sneak up on Australia, we will see them and we can take action. And we can stop missiles. And also we have submarines, etc.

BUt we need to send Jon Bon Jovi and others and we need to produce a big concert in Moscow for peace. And we need for the good people of Russia to get out and to march for peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23353 on: January 22, 2022, 06:40:14 PM »

Shhhh.....

At least a day or two for respect, please.

If I die, I die but I will not be controlled.

Marvin Lee Aday

His stage persona came from somewhere. I am not mad at him but in truth he fucked around and found out.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-was-reportedly-anti-vaccine-before-dying-from-covid-19/

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23354 on: January 22, 2022, 06:44:59 PM »

Let me sleep on it, baby baby, let me sleep on it. Let me sleep on it I will give you my answer in the morning!

one of the greatest lines in the history of rock!

That track even had Phil Scooter Rizzuto!

Props for the body of work, Mr. Loaf!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:47:36 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 ... 2921