Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745840 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23355 on: January 22, 2022, 07:44:56 PM »

Why is Joe defending the fascists in the Ukraine? A long time ago there were bad commies and good religious folks. Not worth another global conflict.

Go back to sleep, Rip Van luee

Biden is Rip Van most are so over the cold war idiocy. No desire at all to go fighting to protect the fascists in the ukraine.

Luee is another of those who wants Putin a few hundred miles closer to Western Europe for reasons he is unwilling to state.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #23356 on: January 22, 2022, 08:20:38 PM »

Let me sleep on it - yes a great line from a great song by Mr Loaf.  I bet Rizzuto loved being part of a makeout session.

Luee, do you really think Zelensky is no better than the autocratic Putin?  Ukraine has a constitutional separation of powers and is farther towards democratic norms than Russia. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23357 on: January 22, 2022, 09:31:56 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/politics/campaign-ads-2020-election-lie/index.html

This kind of advertising should be illegal.

Sure.  Make alluding to the "BIG LIE" illegal as well.  We'll wait.

It is a lie, and a large one.  No one is alluding, they're saying.  Big. Fat. Lie.  Calling out big fat lies from big fat lying politicians is constitutionally protected.   

Biden won.  The bums lost.  Your revolution is over, Lebowski.

Kid thinks his fascist friends can steal another one through fraud and intimidation like they did in 2000 and in 2016. It would be good to put them down much earlier in the process this time and far more permanently.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #23358 on: January 23, 2022, 04:55:17 AM »

Let me sleep on it - yes a great line from a great song by Mr Loaf.  I bet Rizzuto loved being part of a makeout session.

Luee, do you really think Zelensky is no better than the autocratic Putin?  Ukraine has a constitutional separation of powers and is farther towards democratic norms than Russia.

You have heard of wag the tail? Start waving flags and shouting patriotic jingoisms to forget about the miserable pandemic driven situatio at home. Sometimes it works and sometimes you have a vietnam or Afghanaxtan. No more commies around so just blame the ruskies. Yeah thats the ticket invade siberia,
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23359 on: January 23, 2022, 08:11:01 AM »

You have heard of wag the tail? Start waving flags and shouting patriotic jingoisms to forget about the miserable pandemic driven situatio at home. Sometimes it works and sometimes you have a vietnam or Afghanaxtan. No more commies around so just blame the ruskies. Yeah thats the ticket invade siberia,

You act like Biden's inventing the Russia/Ukraine situation.

That's a pretty bizarre take for what is an observable circumstance.

Nor is there a flood of jingoism coming from the administration.

So, basically, you are saying that it is okay with you if Russia invades and takes over Ukraine. Got it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23360 on: January 23, 2022, 08:17:16 AM »

From Twitter:

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers can still make it to the Super Bowl if Mike Pence has enough courage.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #23361 on: January 23, 2022, 09:48:44 AM »

(CNN)The UK foreign office said in a Saturday statement it has information that the Russian government is planning to "install a pro-Russian leader in Kyiv as it considers whether to invade and occupy Ukraine."

OK lets go to war.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #23362 on: January 23, 2022, 11:05:47 AM »

Of course Putin wants to install a puppet.  He has hardly concealed his ambition to restore a USSR.  As Max Boot wrote in the wapo:

The Russian dictator has not been subtle or secretive about what he wants. He might as well make the national anthem the Beatles Back in the U.S.S.R.  He definitely wants to resurrect the Soviet empire, thereby undoing what he has called the greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the 20th century. And that requires bringing back into the fold the second-largest former Soviet republic (by population), the independent state of Ukraine.

Boot urges the strongest sanctions possible, including shutting off the gas pipeline, and I would agree.  And we can do that without putting US boots on the ground.

Im on the pavement

Holly Martins

« Reply #23363 on: January 23, 2022, 11:28:21 AM »

Soldiers don't do well in that infamous Ukraine mud, so Vlad better hurry.

What is really horrible is that NATO sanctions could actually increase global warming from utility emissions.  If they suspend the Nord Stream pipelines, which is probably the form of sanction that would hit Vlad the hardest, then northern Europe will scramble for quick and dirty substitutes to NG.  I mean, sure, Euros could mobilize a crash program of windmill farm construction, heat pump installs, and build next generation nuke plants,  but none of that can happen fast enough, and I see that as hard to sell.  Germany doesn't show any interest in new nuke plants.  UK likes NG as a bridge fuel, and has lots of drafty old houses that converted and whose owners find heat pumps will cost twice the pounds per btu.  It will be very hard to afford shutoff of Nord Stream.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #23365 on: January 23, 2022, 12:58:19 PM »

Hannity gives great blow jobs.

BTW, what happened to Lara Logan?  I used to think she was a competent journalist.
Now she's an anti-vaxxer and total nutjob...

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2022-01-18/journalist-lara-logan-dropped-by-her-talent-agency-after-comparing-dr-fauci-to-a-nazi-war-criminal-fox-news

Im on the pavement

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23368 on: January 23, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »

In the song America the Beautiful it says God shed his grace on thee, and crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea.

I once knew a woman who was a single mother who had 2 children, and she was a drug addict, and all of her friends were drug addicts. I told her that she needed to get clean and that she needed to be a good Mom for her kids. She told me that if she got clean that she would no longer have friends, and she would no longer have a ride to the grocery store, and she would no longer have any help. What a bunch of bullshit. She ended up going to prison and her children ended up growing up in foster care.

If you are good then you are supposed to have brotherhood from sea to shining sea. Good people are supposed to help each other. It is horrible to think that the drug addicts would provide a better support system than the good clean people.

And there is N/A and the people at N/A help each other, they are like one big family. The addicts can for sure find help at N/A.

It is wrong-minded to think that the addicts would provide a better support system than the good people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23369 on: January 23, 2022, 04:33:47 PM »

I saw a photo on the IMF site of a refugee camp with tents as far as the eye can see full of refugees. The refugees were mostly Muslim, so they can go live and work in Abu Dhabi and in Dubai, they can work building housing, and they can work at the grocery stores, and they can drive trucks, etc, etc, etc, they can work the essential jobs in Abu Dhabi and in Dubai and they can have good peaceful lives.

The good people who belong to the various organizations which help the refugees need to start transporting all of the refugees to Abu Dhabi and to Dubai.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:48:34 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 ... 2921