Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 2920

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744952 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23805 on: February 04, 2022, 11:05:37 AM »

I know this is difficult to accept, especially for minority communities marginalized by police and the criminal justice system for decades, but this (the conviction and sentence) is a sign of progress, he said.

Any length of time for a former cop is difficult, McMahon added.  He was physically attacked, spent most of the time in isolation and that is the result of the very real danger he faced day in and day out for the last 3  and a half years.

Van Dyke, 43, dropped appeals of his conviction a year into his sentence because, his attorneys said, he wanted to serve out his time and avoid further attention.

Van Dyke was beaten by inmates at a federal prison in Danbury, Connecticut early in his sentence. He has spent much of his time behind bars since in solitary confinement and has been repeatedly transferred among prisons.

Van Dyke will serve three years on supervised release, equivalent to parole, which will require occasional check-ins with a court officer.

Wherever he lives in Illinois, he will also have to give information to his local police department for the states Violent Offender Against Youth Registry, which would typically make information such as his address available on a public database.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022/2/3/22916093/jason-van-dyke-released-prison-laquan-mcdonald

He murdered that kid.

Shot him 16 times... 9 rounds in the back.

Then I guess the DA/proecutor sucked.

Mayor Buggin Out is of course appalled.  Cant imagine a good behavior release.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #23806 on: February 04, 2022, 11:06:51 AM »

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/02/joe-just-conversations-rogan-defends-misinformation-like-a-classic-grifter

Thumb up.  One telltale that the minds aren't really open or innocently just asking questions is the way they cherrypick their "experts." The contrarian is almost never balanced with a real expert who can easily expose the flawed logic, skewed data sets, or the drubbing an outlier study took under the harsh light of peer review. 

The people who would benefit from reading this article (with that much touted open mind) probably won't.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23807 on: February 04, 2022, 11:07:06 AM »

I know this is difficult to accept, especially for minority communities marginalized by police and the criminal justice system for decades, but this (the conviction and sentence) is a sign of progress, he said.

Any length of time for a former cop is difficult, McMahon added.  He was physically attacked, spent most of the time in isolation and that is the result of the very real danger he faced day in and day out for the last 3  and a half years.

Van Dyke, 43, dropped appeals of his conviction a year into his sentence because, his attorneys said, he wanted to serve out his time and avoid further attention.

Van Dyke was beaten by inmates at a federal prison in Danbury, Connecticut early in his sentence. He has spent much of his time behind bars since in solitary confinement and has been repeatedly transferred among prisons.

Van Dyke will serve three years on supervised release, equivalent to parole, which will require occasional check-ins with a court officer.

Wherever he lives in Illinois, he will also have to give information to his local police department for the states Violent Offender Against Youth Registry, which would typically make information such as his address available on a public database.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022/2/3/22916093/jason-van-dyke-released-prison-laquan-mcdonald

He murdered that kid.

Shot him 16 times... 9 rounds in the back.

Then I guess the DA/proecutor sucked.

Mayor Buggin Out is of course appalled.  Cant imagine a good behavior release.

Rank Emmanuel
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23808 on: February 04, 2022, 11:15:58 AM »

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/02/joe-just-conversations-rogan-defends-misinformation-like-a-classic-grifter

Thumb up.  One telltale that the minds aren't really open or innocently just asking questions is the way they cherrypick their "experts." The contrarian is almost never balanced with a real expert who can easily expose the flawed logic, skewed data sets, or the drubbing an outlier study took under the harsh light of peer review. 

The people who would benefit from reading this article (with that much touted open mind) probably won't.
Who has spread more misinformation than our government(s).?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23809 on: February 04, 2022, 11:37:14 AM »

RT on the Hudson, AKA Fox News.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23810 on: February 04, 2022, 12:31:25 PM »

Who has spread more misinformation than our government(s).?
You. Or was that rhetorical?
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23811 on: February 04, 2022, 12:43:23 PM »

Attempting to continue to dismiss dissenting voices by accusing them of  being racist, especially without knowing really anything about them personally is the kneejerk response of the leftist wing of the Democratic party.
The only thing you demonstrate is your own intolerance and bigotry.
Or maybe just STFU.

The irony here is really rich, as Ham does exactly the same thing he is complaining about, attempting to dismiss a voice that dissents from his, claiming the others demonstrate intolerance and bigotry, and they should shut up.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23812 on: February 04, 2022, 12:44:22 PM »

Time and again...

practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby playing the race card.

Ian Haney Lopez, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class

I see you're still dodging answering a question.

Do you ever get tired of having to make excuses, to lie, and to distort, and to call in your pals to defend your, uh..."intellect", dumbass?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23813 on: February 04, 2022, 12:44:53 PM »

A sincere question for Kid, RedStateWard, and Hamilton:

Have you ever made a statement or posted a question here that in retrospect you realized was racist?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23814 on: February 04, 2022, 12:46:22 PM »

Attempting to continue to dismiss dissenting voices by accusing them of  being racist, especially without knowing really anything about them personally is the kneejerk response of the leftist wing of the Democratic party.
The only thing you demonstrate is your own intolerance and bigotry.
Or maybe just STFU.

The irony here is really rich, as Ham does exactly the same thing he is complaining about, attempting to dismiss a voice that dissents from his, claiming the others demonstrate intolerance and bigotry, and they should shut up.

You should come into a discussion at the beginning, once in awhile, instead of being late to the party and then trying to throw your two cents in to the fray.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23815 on: February 04, 2022, 12:47:37 PM »

Have you ever made a statement or posted a question here that in retrospect you realized was racist?
Never.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23816 on: February 04, 2022, 01:01:40 PM »

Your question reflects the intolerance and bigotry of the left wing of the D-Party.

Racism implies intent.

I regret some things I have said, but none involved reflecting upon my remarks as racist---that's a Goebbels-like spin from the leftists here that unfortunately I've left unaddressed too many times. In retrospect, I've not fought back hard enough on those smears.

Meanwhile, I would say that we have seen time again how facil and Larry and Kuntzler posit their abject falsehoods here regarding other posters and are NEVER called out for it.

I've been a life-long Democrat. As the Democratic party has shifted leftward more and more in recent years, the voices of the intolerant left have grown louder and louder. so much so that we moderates are going to be leaving the party.

That will not make us Republicans, but the abject idiocy that has emerged in the last few years will not be something we will support at the ballot box and in the public arena.

Moderates do not believe in either-ors.

The true path to progress has always been through the middle.

The misnomered "progressives" are purging the party in the same way that the Trumpists are doing on the right to the moderate GOPers.

Here's some proof of that: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/591072-five-democrats-the-left-plans-to-target

I won't stand by and let idiocy represent me, or fascist tactics go unaddressed.

I prefer America to Amerika.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23818 on: February 04, 2022, 01:19:12 PM »

Your question reflects the intolerance and bigotry of the left wing of the D-Party.

Racism implies intent.

I regret some things I have said, but none involved reflecting upon my remarks as racist...

(a) Thank you for your direct answer to my question.

(b) You once again illustrate a complete lack of comprehension of your ironic path.

(c) No, racism does not imply intent and perhaps it is your belief that it does that leads you to some of your positions.

This does a reasonable job of summarizing that issue and a better job than I think I would have done.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/psysociety/e2809cbut-i-didne28099t-mean-ite2809d-why-ite28099s-so-hard-to-prioritize-impacts-over-intents/

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23819 on: February 04, 2022, 01:19:39 PM »

Never.

Thank you for your direct response to my question.
Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 2920