Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744172 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24165 on: February 09, 2022, 10:50:00 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24166 on: February 09, 2022, 10:51:00 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24167 on: February 09, 2022, 10:56:16 PM »

I am optimistic about the midterms
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24168 on: February 09, 2022, 11:18:40 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24169 on: February 09, 2022, 11:19:22 PM »

Me, too!

I have studied really hard for the test and I was the only student in my writing course to turn in homework for today!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24170 on: February 09, 2022, 11:20:33 PM »

The comparison that I have yet to read from anybody else is...

These folks busy trying to block CRT and to ban books are the ones complaining that removing our statues destroys our history and objecting to cancel culture!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24171 on: February 09, 2022, 11:24:04 PM »

Me, too!

I have studied really hard for the test and I was the only student in my writing course to turn in homework for today!

<rimshot!>
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24172 on: February 09, 2022, 11:25:04 PM »

The comparison that I have yet to read from anybody else is...

These folks busy trying to block CRT and to ban books are the ones complaining that removing our statues destroys our history and objecting to cancel culture!

Now that you mention it...

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24173 on: February 09, 2022, 11:41:47 PM »

Me, too!

<rimshot!>

The funny part, Larry, is that I really am taking a course and really was the only one of the students to have turned in today's homework, which is about the farthest thing from expectations that I could have imagined! And a writing course, on top of it.

No actual test, though, or I would have aced it.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24174 on: February 10, 2022, 12:04:09 AM »

Washington Post

Abrupt end to mask mandates reflects a shifting political landscape

As electoral warning signs flash for Democrats and the public yearns for normalcy, Democratic governors are making moves without waiting for the Biden administration to get there first.[/]

NY Times

Mask mandates continue to fall as Fauci says U.S. may be approaching normalcy

The Atlantic

OPEN UP
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 12:16:19 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24175 on: February 10, 2022, 12:16:51 AM »

It could knock as many as a net quarter million republicans off the rolls, evangelical grift victims mostly, by November.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #24176 on: February 10, 2022, 05:27:53 AM »

Josh lets have a poll about the Ukraine. NATO needs a reason for existing now that  the Soviet Union has folded it's threatening tent.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24177 on: February 10, 2022, 09:13:31 AM »

Sign of the Times

According to a recent poll by Monmouth University, 70% of Americans say it is time for the country to move on from the pandemic, and a decreasing number of Americans support COVID-related mandates.  Biden approval ratings on handling COVID, once a strength, are also now underwater, with 43% approving and 53% disapproving, according to the poll.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 09:15:42 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24178 on: February 10, 2022, 11:05:14 AM »

Stain of the Times: Flushed papers found clogging Trump WH toilet

https://www.axios.com/maggie-haberman-book-trump-papers-2d59d593-8b89-4edd-8623-8ef709af524f.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24179 on: February 10, 2022, 11:15:09 AM »

Josh lets have a poll about the Ukraine. NATO needs a reason for existing now that  the Soviet Union has folded it's threatening tent.

I posted the poll, Luee, but I wonder why you think Russia (not the Soviet Union) has "folded it's threatening tent,"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60327930

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/02/10/russia-readies-for-naval-blockade-of-ukraine-ahead-of-missile-drills-reports-2-a76321

Sure doesn't sound folded to me.
Pages: 1 ... 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 ... 2919