Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744000 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24300 on: February 12, 2022, 10:14:44 PM »

So Canadian Police got a Judgement to remove trucks from blockading the Ambassador Bridge.
As they moved to enforcement a group of 50 protesting citizens, some with their kids, quickly grew to 500 and blocked them.
No truck yet has been removed.

Power to the People!

The GOP - anti-law and order.
None of the protesters were GOP.
They were Canadians.

A little dense, are you, Ward?

I meant YOU and your fellow GOP members, who are supporting these lawbreakers.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24301 on: February 12, 2022, 10:34:00 PM »

So Canadian Police got a Judgement to remove trucks from blockading the Ambassador Bridge.
As they moved to enforcement a group of 50 protesting citizens, some with their kids, quickly grew to 500 and blocked them.
No truck yet has been removed.

Power to the People!

The GOP - anti-law and order.
None of the protesters were GOP.
They were Canadians.

A little dense, are you, Ward?

I meant YOU and your fellow GOP members, who are supporting these lawbreakers.
Dense describes you, if anyone.
A modern day George Wallace you are for sure.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24302 on: February 13, 2022, 12:00:51 AM »

Maybe you should not have used so much of your stimulus on crack rock, Red. You have gone a bit loopy.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24303 on: February 13, 2022, 02:34:56 AM »

The GOP - anti-economy hypocrites.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/12/politics/rand-paul-trucker-protests-america/index.html

"The economy is suffering from the mask mandates. Let's make it worse!" says Rand Paul.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24304 on: February 13, 2022, 02:51:28 AM »

Being compared to George Wallace by Ward is, as is his regular routine, rather ironic.

Ward is the racist here, the one opposing opportunity and lying about his racist proclivities.

But aside from that (rather important) aspect of Wallace, he was by all reports a smart man and a more fair judge than most in Alabama.

The important way in which I am more like Wallace than Ward has been is that I am far more willing to own up to errors than Ward has been thus far,

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24305 on: February 13, 2022, 04:34:40 AM »

Trouble is...I see them nearly every night on my tv...goose stepping Chinese troops by the *million*, and parades of big weapons.
We only have small weapons.
Russia has big weapons, Ukraine only has small weapons.
Watch what happens to the People of Ukraine.
That's exactly what's going to happen to Australia, and me soon..."within 5 years" we're being told.
Our only hope is a coalition of nations to stand against China, making it think twice about invading.
As yet there isn't one, one with absolute commitment and resolve.

Oh for fucks sake...

https://usa.embassy.gov.au/defence-cooperation#:~:text=The%20alliance%20between%20Australia%20and,the%20ANZUS%20Treaty%20in%201951.&text=The%20mutual%20defence%20clause%20of,on%20New%20York%20and%20Washington.

We are your allies, and have been for a long time.

I know, but do you think Joe is committed, with absolute resolve?
The American People committed with absolute resolve to go to war with China?...to save 25 million people in some place on the other side of the world that many have never heard of, and if sank under the sea tomorrow would make no real difference to anything?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24306 on: February 13, 2022, 05:55:18 AM »

A pessimist sees the dark tunnel.
An optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
A realist sees the train coming.

I am a realist.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #24307 on: February 13, 2022, 06:53:09 AM »

The idiot truck drivers are creating serious health and economic issues for the majorities of two nations. They are anti-modern and anti-science. This has nothing to do with republicans and democrats. The Canadian government is just too slow to react.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24308 on: February 13, 2022, 09:45:37 AM »

It was  Martin Luther King who asked ( rhetorically)

You are going to throw me in jail for sitting in the front of a bus?

These idiots in no way compare to MLK and the civil rights movement.  And, given your usual boosterism for American capitalism and productivity, it's odd you would support the choking off the auto industry and halting production for a week.  25% of US/Canada trade goes across that bridge. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #24309 on: February 13, 2022, 09:52:34 AM »

Gary Chambers in Louisiana is my idea of a twenty first century candidate.

His media vision is unapologetic in your face real talk.

Gary Chambers and his infamous lighter are back.

The longtime community activist and Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate made headlines last month with a campaign video in which he smoked a blunt while advocating for the legalization of marijuana.

His latest ad is also a talker. The minute-long spot, titled Scars and Bars, shows Chambers burning a Confederate flag while discussing - and symbolically destroying  -the legacy of Jim Crow.   

Hard to tell where the flag burning will land with independent voters.  That burning, not the blunt, will be the one that polarizes.  That said, I like his style.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 09:57:31 AM by Barton3.0 »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24310 on: February 13, 2022, 10:10:23 AM »

The idiot truck drivers are creating serious health and economic issues for the majorities of two nations. They are anti-modern and anti-science. This has nothing to do with republicans and democrats. The Canadian government is just too slow to react.

Indeed.
Should've jumped all over them when they first started causing trouble.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24311 on: February 13, 2022, 10:16:23 AM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/02/lavrov-russia-diplomacy-ukraine/622075

Interesting discussion of Lavrov - stuff I didn't know.

No idea if the proposed method would work, but the implicit comparison of everybody in the West to Neville Chamberlain (unspoken, but quite clearly there) resonates for me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24312 on: February 13, 2022, 10:37:52 AM »

It was  Martin Luther King who asked ( rhetorically)

You are going to throw me in jail for sitting in the front of a bus?

These idiots in no way compare to MLK and the civil rights movement.  And, given your usual boosterism for American capitalism and productivity, it's odd you would support the choking off the auto industry and halting production for a week.  25% of US/Canada trade goes across that bridge.
Whoosh!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24313 on: February 13, 2022, 10:58:27 AM »

Red is pointing out that Barton seems to be missing the fact that Red is a Nazi bent on destroying the United States. It is good someone is burning his flag. More should be doing so. It is a good first step.

The Canadian saboteurs are being safely and carefully locked away.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24314 on: February 13, 2022, 12:23:59 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/12/opinions/florida-dont-say-gay-bill-paley-saunders/index.html

Those (LGBTQ students) bullied thee times more likely to commit suicide, says the article.

So... doesnt this bill create LESS bullying?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 ... 2919