Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743229 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24675 on: February 23, 2022, 05:46:49 PM »

Daily Telegraph;

The closure of Australia
I am in favor of it. Close it, seal it off, cover it in asphalt. Anything to get rid of them. But only after we round up kangaroos for American zoos. They so cute.

It went on to read 'closure of Australia's largest coal-fired power station in 3 years time'.
How I'm going to be subjected to rising electricity prices and black outs.
All of my post that remained was that first bit.

Your words are exactly what it's believed by many to be the sentiment in America as regarding possibly sacrificing American lives to save Australia if an invasion by China happens.
It's fair enough, why should they?
OK, there's the ANZUS Alliance, but that is not really set in stone writing.

How much of the Outback get a lot of sun?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24676 on: February 23, 2022, 05:47:50 PM »

I am a peacemaker, and I worked on programs for missile defense, and I worked on stuff to shoot down nuclear missiles.

I support taking out a few bad apples and making the world safe for everyone else. I support peace and prosperity.

And we need for the old wise men to control the armies, not young fools.

We also have a problem with ignorant young reporters on the news who just want ratings and who do not give a shit about world peace.

Here is some Shakespeare that explains the ignorant people who just follow in return for their own wealth and well being... It is from "King Lear" .... Such smiling rogues as these, like rats oft bite holy chords atwain which are too intrinsic to unloose, smooth every passion. That in the natures of their lords rebel.  Bring oil to fire, snow to their colder moods; renege, affirm, and turn their halcyon beaks with every gail and vary of their masters knowing not like dogs but following, a plague upon your epileptic visage. Goose if I had ye upon Sarum Plain I'd drive ye cacking home to Camelot. ...

I hate it when people just care about themselves instead of about the state of our world, and a reporter who is just out for ratings and who throws gasoline on the fire to create war for ratings. The same reporters could use their power for peace and to make the world a better place.

People need to demand peace, and the people who benefit from war and from the misery of others deserve no good wishes from me.

Salute,

Tony V.

Ukranians are demanding peace, but are not having much luck with their demand.

I have a list of bad apples for you to support taking out to make the world safe.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24677 on: February 23, 2022, 05:53:18 PM »

Daily Telegraph;

The closure of Australia
I am in favor of it. Close it, seal it off, cover it in asphalt. Anything to get rid of them. But only after we round up kangaroos for American zoos. They so cute.

It went on to read 'closure of Australia's largest coal-fired power station in 3 years time'.
How I'm going to be subjected to rising electricity prices and black outs.
All of my post that remained was that first bit.

Your words are exactly what it's believed by many to be the sentiment in America as regarding possibly sacrificing American lives to save Australia if an invasion by China happens.
It's fair enough, why should they?
OK, there's the ANZUS Alliance, but that is not really set in stone writing.

How much of the Outback get a lot of sun?

All of it.
Wanna fill it up with solar panels?  good idea, well there's some concern that solar panels are reflecting sun back into space.

The environmental disadvantages of solar energy include habitat loss, alteration in land use, the strain on water resources, exposure to hazardous materials, and pollution of soil, air, and water resources.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24678 on: February 23, 2022, 06:27:44 PM »

When we went into Iraq and into Afghanistan after 9/11 then we put pictures of the bad guys on decks of cards and we gave the cards to the soldiers so they would know who we wanted to kill. We were there to take out the bad guys, and we were not there to take over Iraq and Afghanistan, we just wanted to take out the bad guys and then turn those nations over to the good people of those nations, we want for them to be good people and to run their own nations and to be a good part of the world community.

Why would anyone want to be an out-law when instead they can be a beloved part of the world community? I would much rather be loved than feared.

And I seriously do not think that Putin is that bad of a guy, I think Berlusconi just needs to have a private talk with Putin. Bring in the Elders to talk with Putin.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 06:33:25 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24679 on: February 23, 2022, 06:48:56 PM »

And I seriously do not think that Putin is that bad of a guy, I think Berlusconi just needs to have a private talk with Putin.

Just misunderstood. Poor, poor Vlad.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24680 on: February 23, 2022, 06:57:30 PM »

And I seriously do not think that Putin is that bad of a guy, I think Berlusconi just needs to have a private talk with Putin.

Just misunderstood. Poor, poor Vlad.

I am afraid Putin has descended into Hitlerian madness by evidently acting as his own field marshal.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24682 on: February 23, 2022, 07:18:06 PM »

Panels, wind and current harvesters, Bambi, and the mines repurposed, and you will thank all of us for it later.

Just you wait.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #24683 on: February 23, 2022, 07:22:59 PM »

Wanna fill it up with solar panels?  good idea, well there's some concern that solar panels are reflecting sun back into space.

The environmental disadvantages of solar energy include habitat loss, alteration in land use, the strain on water resources, exposure to hazardous materials, and pollution of soil, air, and water resources.

There is no concern with reflecting sun, none. Panels absorb solar radiation and convert it to electricity, that's their entire point and why efficiency rises as innovation continues.  And, logic check, if panels did reflect some tiny percent of energy, that would only offset the trend to global warming and more absorption of solar energy as ice caps and glaciers melt.  Reflecting sun back into space was what ice caps etc. were doing, keeping the global climate in balance.  Loss of reflective surfaces is part of the rapid warming problem.

And eco issues are miniscule compared to coal.  Or oil.  Or gas.  As anyone who is an impartial expert would tell you.  Shills for the fossil fuel industry are not sources of objective fact.  But they are very loud right now.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24684 on: February 23, 2022, 08:26:48 PM »

There is no concern with reflecting sun, none. Panels absorb solar radiation and convert it to electricity, that's their entire point and why efficiency rises as innovation continues.  And, logic check, if panels did reflect some tiny percent of energy, that would only offset the trend to global warming and more absorption of solar energy as ice caps and glaciers melt.  Reflecting sun back into space was what ice caps etc. were doing, keeping the global climate in balance.  Loss of reflective surfaces is part of the rapid warming problem.

And eco issues are miniscule compared to coal.  Or oil.  Or gas.  As anyone who is an impartial expert would tell you.  Shills for the fossil fuel industry are not sources of objective fact.  But they are very loud right now.

The nearest whole percent of wind generated in the world now is 0.
Wind and solar cannot replace coal in 3 years. Climate change emergency devotees think it can, foolishly.
They're gonna close the largest coal fired power plant in Australia...in NSW.

It's what happens when dumb govts sell off power stations for a quick buck and ease of operation etc.
The owners of the power stations then tell the govts what will be happening!   LOL

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24685 on: February 23, 2022, 08:33:58 PM »

Oh, and wind turbines are a menace...slice up birds...and are harmful to human health.

Reported symptoms include headaches, nausea, sleep problems, night terrors, tinnitus, irritability, anxiety, concentration and memory problems, and issues with equilibrium and dizziness.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24686 on: February 23, 2022, 08:52:23 PM »

ROFL!

China builds a coal furnace a day and rakes in billions selling solar panels to the west most  of them produced with energy from carbon-dioxide-belching coal-burning plants.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 08:56:06 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24687 on: February 23, 2022, 10:31:48 PM »

This captures the current situation far too well for my tastes.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24688 on: February 23, 2022, 11:57:46 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60454795

* Russian President Vladimir Putin announces a "military operation" in Ukraine's Donbas region

* He urges Ukrainian soldiers in eastern Ukraine to lay down weapons and return to their homes

* Putin warns that Moscow's response will be "instant" if anyone tries to take on Russia

* Ukraine's foreign minister accuses Russia of starting a full-scale war, and urges the UN "to do everything possible" to stop it

Remember that this (Putin) is the man whom former President Trump referred to as a genius for his approach to Ukraine. "Savvy" was another term Trump applied yesterday to Putin.

Luee, care to tell us more about the "propaganda" that Biden and the West were putting out there?

I am sure that Ward and Kid thing this is the best thing since sliced bread, since their party seems to be embracing Putin.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24689 on: February 24, 2022, 01:12:42 AM »

UN Security Council has met, chaired by Russia.
LOL
Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 2918