Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1748 1749 [1750] 1751 1752 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743632 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26235 on: April 22, 2022, 10:52:00 PM »

Gee, I almost overlooked that this is Earth Day!
For the 45th consecutive year ( if I was actually counting) that predicted APOCALYPSE has not occurred.

For the 45th consecutive year, you have your mind closed, your eyes sealed, and your ears blocked.
LOL

The predicted APOCALYPSE is ongoing.

A myth

While you are busy whistling on your way past the graveyard, the south Florida insurance rates are climbing through the (harder to insure) roof.
Due to increased litigation mixed in with fraud by insurers.

Places like Japan and the Philippines are suffering from it more than most places,
How?
but as has been pointed out to you the increasing incidence and increasing extremity of wild fires in the US are a direct product as well.

No one has pointed that out since it is a lie.
Tell me how you like your steak cooked.

Your ability to reason and to understand science is a myth.
LOL

Years of APOCALYPTIC warnings and you point to high insurance rates in South Florida in a state where people are flocking to to live.
In fact the Census Bureau Florida ranked No. 2 in the country for most residents gained between July 2020 and July 2021, according to recent U.S. Census Bureau data. With a population of 21,781,128 in July 2021, the Sunshine State grew by 211,196 residents during that period.
Again I ask about your steak, rare, or medium.?

You remind me of an Irish Rovers song.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #26236 on: April 23, 2022, 09:32:50 AM »

People who find US response to covid heavy handed may want to look at how Shanghai is handling an outbreak.  About a dozen people died yesterday, average age was 88. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/shanghai-reports-12-new-covid-deaths-frustrations-boil-over-2022-04-23/

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26237 on: April 23, 2022, 10:59:01 AM »

People who find US response to covid heavy handed may want to look at how Shanghai is handling an outbreak.  About a dozen people died yesterday, average age was 88. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/shanghai-reports-12-new-covid-deaths-frustrations-boil-over-2022-04-23/
Why any one in America would look to China for anything is perplexing.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26238 on: April 23, 2022, 11:35:39 AM »

Hong Kong and Shanghai lose their international luster as Covid restrictions bite

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/22/china/china-hubs-shanghai-hong-kong-covid-intl-hnk-mic/index.html

Holly Martins

« Reply #26239 on: April 23, 2022, 12:24:43 PM »

Not "look to" but "look at"  - The point, which whooshed past you, is that Shanghai is an overreaction and so heavy-handed that it's producing rage and hardship for people trapped at home.  "May want to look at" didn't mean emulate, it meant put in perspective our much milder quarantine measures. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26240 on: April 23, 2022, 12:29:47 PM »

Not "look to" but "look at"  - The point, which whooshed past you, is that Shanghai is an overreaction and so heavy-handed that it's producing rage and hardship for people trapped at home.  "May want to look at" didn't mean emulate, it meant put in perspective our much milder quarantine measures.
Be gentle. English is not his native tongue.  Gibberish is.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26241 on: April 23, 2022, 01:06:43 PM »

LOL
Nice CYA

Holly Martins

« Reply #26242 on: April 23, 2022, 01:11:22 PM »

You really are dumber than a speedbump.  Minus the usefulness of a speedbump.

(How's that for gentle, Boz?)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26243 on: April 23, 2022, 02:09:47 PM »

Anaheim has an election coming up for Mayor, in November of this year.

https://anaheim.net/2915/Candidate-Resources

I should run for Mayor of Anaheim. If I did it then it would be purely unselfish, and it would be all about helping the people.

I was born here in California, and I have lived in Anaheim since 2002. I love California, and I love Anaheim, and if I ran for Mayor it would be all about making it better for the people, I have a lot of good ideas.

And I do not agree with Mayor Harry Sidhu on many issues, including Angel Stadium, Angel Stadium belongs to the people of Anaheim and should not be sold.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26244 on: April 23, 2022, 02:31:05 PM »

Maybe a city council seat first, Tony, so you can get some practice in government before taking the top seat? It is a lot of responsibility. It might pay to be prepared.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26246 on: April 23, 2022, 02:49:29 PM »

Maybe a city council seat first, Tony, so you can get some practice in government before taking the top seat? It is a lot of responsibility. It might pay to be prepared.

I was in Kiwanis with the Chief of Police, and with a lady who was Mayor on 9/11, for a couple of years. We went into the worst neighborhood in Anaheim and we cleaned it up, and we brought the community together, and that neighborhood stayed nice, it is still nice. And I have a lot of good ideas.

I want to bring a movie studio to Anaheim, and a Barnes and Noble Bookstore, and a theatre like the Pantages in Hollywood.

I would bring in hostels for $15 per night for a bed and a shower for the homeless like in Rome.

I would help the foster children, and the abused women, and the homeless.

I have a lot of good ideas.

And I am old and wise now, I am 54.

I am also a fast learner, and I am good at putting teams together, and I am good at tapping into the potential of people.

We will see.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26247 on: April 23, 2022, 02:58:26 PM »

Here is a video that I shot several years ago, my Uncle Dennis was my cameraman, it is as fitting now as it would have been in France under German occupation.

"Antigone, an adaptation of Sophocles's classic produced in the context of the anti-fascist French resistance, is Jean Anouilh's (1910 to 1987) most often-produced work today. Antigone premiered in Paris in 1944, but Anouilh had written his tale of lone rebellion against the state two years earlier, inspired by an act of resistance during Paris's occupation by the Nazis. In August 1942, a young man named Paul Collette fired at and wounded a group of directors during a meeting of the collaborationist Legion des volontaires francais. Collette did not belong to a Resistance network or organized political group, but acted entirely alone and in full knowledge of his certain death. For Anouilh, Collette's solitary act, at once heroic, gratuitous, and futile, captured the essence of tragedy and demanded an immediate revival of Antigone. Aware of Anouilh's thinly veiled attack on the Vichy government, the Nazis censored Antigone immediately upon its release. It premiered two years later at the Theatre de l Atelier in Paris under the direction of Andre Barsacq, a few months before the liberation of Paris. The play starred (his wife) Monelle Valentin as the doomed princess."

https://youtu.be/2NnXQpikxyk

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26249 on: April 23, 2022, 03:02:44 PM »

A YouTube channel on the doings in Anaheim might be the best place to start. It could take you in all sorts of directions that suit your interest.
Pages: 1 ... 1748 1749 [1750] 1751 1752 ... 2918