Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1750 1751 [1752] 1753 1754 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743677 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26265 on: April 24, 2022, 12:59:50 PM »

That is not surprising at all.  Too bad our leaders won't be able to spend the money it would take to fix neighborhoods that way.  And affluent people will keep fighting mixed-income housing.

The news about Uranus however... I was a bit worried until I noticed the secretary of education was named Canard. 

Uranus is often fingered as a culprit in the perturbation of Neptune. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26266 on: April 24, 2022, 02:06:42 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26267 on: April 24, 2022, 02:34:32 PM »

Here is the Google Street Map of the street where I lived for six weeks in Rome, Italy, I lived on Via Urbana...

http://tinyurl.com/Via-Urbana-Rome-Italy

We can get ideas from Rome as we build here in the USA, and we can have hostels for $15 per night for a bed and a shower.

We can also get ideas from Greece, etc, and I love the apartment complexes in Santorini, Greece.

And we can bring in architects from Italy, and from Greece, and from Spain, etc, as we build.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26268 on: April 24, 2022, 02:44:33 PM »

Following the example of us here in the United States, the French people have rejected Putins candidate to lead their nation.

Fuck all Nazis, especially the ones who run the republican party.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26269 on: April 24, 2022, 03:15:12 PM »

Following the example of us here in the United States, the French people have rejected Putins candidate to lead their nation.

Hear, hear!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26270 on: April 24, 2022, 03:51:21 PM »

That is not surprising at all.  Too bad our leaders won't be able to spend the money it would take to fix neighborhoods that way.  And affluent people will keep fighting mixed-income housing.

Neighborhoods in the suburbs are not improved by transplanting high density, multi story boxes to them.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26271 on: April 24, 2022, 04:46:12 PM »

Neighborhoods in the suburbs are not improved by transplanting high density, multi story boxes to them.

How would you know?

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26272 on: April 24, 2022, 05:28:22 PM »

When I was in Rome there was a vacant restaurant on Via Cavour in my neighborhood, and it would have made for a great night club, I could serve food and there could be live bands. The Saint Louis College of Music is in that neighborhood, and if I owned the club I could get the music students to play at my club, it can be a hang out for the music students. And I can serve free food to the starving musicians. The music students can play at my club, and then they can always come there for a free meal.

I was trying to get acting work at Cinecitta, if I could have gotten acting work then I would have stayed in Rome, and I could have bought that vacant restaurant on Via Cavour and opened a night club. I was friends with my whole neighborhood there and I was friends with all of the shop owners, and I hung out with the music students, it would have been a great spot to open a night club. And you can ride the subway to Cinecitta from there.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26273 on: April 24, 2022, 06:05:56 PM »

Hear, hear!

Whew!  And today's election in Slovenia had a parallel result, with the RW PM getting shown the door.  Good news on Ortho-Easter.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26274 on: April 24, 2022, 06:12:16 PM »

The news about Uranus however... I was a bit worried until I noticed the secretary of education was named Canard. 

Sadly, every digital prostate exam joke i could come up with was unduly laborious.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26275 on: April 24, 2022, 06:33:26 PM »

No one said they were, strawman stuffer.  Mixed income suburban and exurban planning can include duplexes, granny flats, smaller bungalows, and other affordable options that are medium-density.  And lots can shrink without going all the way to high density, making more walkable hoods and interaction, knowing your neighbors, and appealing to young professionals and working class who don't want to spend a lot of time maintaining monster quarter-acre spreads.  In fact, one area of high demand in real estate, where developers are lagging way behind, is in the starter bungalow (or retirement bungalow, for downsizers) with square footages of 800-1200, on smaller lots.  When buyers are surveyed, many express desire for a garden but not a soccer field yard that requires a riding lawn mower.  Too many developers are still trying to peddle an antiquated dream to younger buyers with little interest in farming a crop you just chop down and throw away.  Eventually, the old wasteful unwalkable burbs will give way to medium density and lower carbon footprint.  Either help out or get the fuck out of the way.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26276 on: April 24, 2022, 06:36:33 PM »

Sadly, every digital prostate exam joke i could come up with was unduly laborious.

Pity.  Hopefully there's a place where Uranus can rest comfortably in this chat.  Just don't over-anal-yze. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #26277 on: April 24, 2022, 06:40:59 PM »

Given Biden's age, I am expecting a Prostate of the Union address to be added to the congressional calendar soon.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26278 on: April 24, 2022, 07:14:43 PM »

No one said they were, strawman stuffer.  Mixed income suburban and exurban planning can include duplexes, granny flats, smaller bungalows, and other affordable options that are medium-density.  And lots can shrink without going all the way to high density, making more walkable hoods and interaction, knowing your neighbors, and appealing to young professionals and working class who don't want to spend a lot of time maintaining monster quarter-acre spreads.  In fact, one area of high demand in real estate, where developers are lagging way behind, is in the starter bungalow (or retirement bungalow, for downsizers) with square footages of 800-1200, on smaller lots.  When buyers are surveyed, many express desire for a garden but not a soccer field yard that requires a riding lawn mower.  Too many developers are still trying to peddle an antiquated dream to younger buyers with little interest in farming a crop you just chop down and throw away.  Eventually, the old wasteful unwalkable burbs will give way to medium density and lower carbon footprint.  Either help out or get the fuck out of the way.
Send us all a post card when any of that excites anyone.
Remember it was Obama who proposed such nonsense who then promptly went off in search of building mansions from Martha s Vineyard to Hawaii not to mention stealing Chicago real estate to erect a egotistical museum to his Arrogance.
Beyoncee will uou dance with me?

ROFL!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 07:20:06 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26279 on: April 24, 2022, 08:16:22 PM »

Red is living the dream, squatting in a land fill collecting rare diseases.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 1750 1751 [1752] 1753 1754 ... 2918