Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1785 1786 [1787] 1788 1789 ... 2920

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744965 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26790 on: May 10, 2022, 11:35:36 PM »

Nothing about the Thomas,  Alito stated views offer a pathway to revisiting Oberkfell.
And Americans are not about to reject  same sex marriage.  It has worked very well.

It's wishful thinking on their part that there would be such an attempt

Sick.

A couple of rapey racists gaslighting each other.

Incurable.
It took a SCOTUS decision to make marriage equality the law of the land despite laws in multiple states. Two of the five person majority in Obergfell have been replaced by much more conservative justices. If you do not think some if not all of those dissenting states will not attack it now, or you think an approach that looks to the past as Alito's draft does will not give those states ammunition, or that the SCOTUS of Gorsuch, Kavanagh, Barrett, Alito and Thomas are going to respect a precedent that conflicts with their religious beliefs, you are an idiot.
Based on what?
Your opinion?
Oberkfell is widely popular, as is contraceptive use, and interracial marriage.
Who would be stupid enough to challenge them knowing no state would ever overturn them?

So is Roe. Read your own polls.

You take away one right you can take away them all.

The GOP track record sucks...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26791 on: May 10, 2022, 11:54:09 PM »

It is because the GOP is a bunch of murderous, criminal, sanctimonious thugs. They are always on the lookout for a wrong thing to do and when they find something terribly heinously wrong, they do it. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26792 on: May 11, 2022, 12:03:50 AM »

In my recommended reading today from Taylor and Francis (journal publishers):

"Feeding meat goats mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana L.) peel rich in condensed tannins, flavonoids, and cinnamic acid improves growth performance and plasma antioxidant activity under tropical conditions" is ready to read.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26796 on: May 11, 2022, 09:09:11 AM »

What is this link to, Mod?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26797 on: May 11, 2022, 09:10:58 AM »

Nothing about the Thomas,  Alito stated views offer a pathway to revisiting Oberkfell.
And Americans are not about to reject  same sex marriage.  It has worked very well.

Sick.

Incurable.

shhhh....

child.

You're in no position to be calling anybody else a child, "Kid."

And even less to tell them to "shhhh...."

You are better off agreeing with me - gain some credibility.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26798 on: May 11, 2022, 09:28:16 AM »

I find Josh credible.  I find you cartoonishly partisan. 

The link is about Lithuania and its position on Russia, as the URL suggests.

As for Ward, hilarious that he argues Obergefell is safe because its popular.  As Larry pointed out, he must not read all those polls on Roe and Casey.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26799 on: May 11, 2022, 09:44:32 AM »

The link is about Lithuania and its position on Russia, as the URL suggests.

As for Ward, hilarious that he argues Obergefell is safe because its popular.  As Larry pointed out, he must not read all those polls on Roe and Casey.
You are plainly or intentionally oblivious to the world we live in.
The  Polls show a consistent desire to restrict Roe (hence the number of states who are)while gay marriage is clearly accepted as is. So is the use of contraceptives by married people and interracial marriage.
To pretend otherwise is to admit the left is only interested in changing the subject from the mess it has made.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26800 on: May 11, 2022, 09:55:15 AM »

On the issue of Fac?

Heh

You play the clown as well.

Moderators refusing to moderate due to views on policy aren't very worthy then, are they?

But....here we are.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26801 on: May 11, 2022, 10:11:24 AM »

You are plainly or intentionally oblivious to the world we live in.
The  Polls show a consistent desire to restrict Roe (hence the number of states who are)while gay marriage is clearly accepted as is. So is the use of contraceptives by married people and interracial marriage.

By a nearly 2-to-1 margin, voters oppose overturning Roe v. Wade, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll conducted immediately after POLITICO published a draft opinion from the Supreme Court that would eviscerate the 1973 precedent guaranteeing federal abortion rights.

(And that poll is a more conservative estimate of support than some I've seen)

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/04/poll-roe-v-wade-00029889

A June 2019 IPSOS/Reuters poll found that 58% of Americans supported same-sex marriage, while 28% were against.

Hmm.  Similar ratios on gay marriage and abortion.  But you're certain that one is totally safe while the other appears to be under the bus wheels. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26802 on: May 11, 2022, 10:27:13 AM »

Nah...

Less than 50% are "pro choice"

On gay marriage,I think polling is skewed since those polled often will be dishonest when it comes to LGBTQ issues. 

"Sure.  I support them being married"

But off camera....

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26804 on: May 11, 2022, 11:07:18 AM »

Sick.

Incurable.
It took a SCOTUS decision to make marriage equality the law of the land despite laws in multiple states. Two of the five person majority in Obergfell have been replaced by much more conservative justices. If you do not think some if not all of those dissenting states will not attack it now, or you think an approach that looks to the past as Alito's draft does will not give those states ammunition, or that the SCOTUS of Gorsuch, Kavanagh, Barrett, Alito and Thomas are going to respect a precedent that conflicts with their religious beliefs, you are an idiot.
Based on what?
Your opinion?
Oberkfell is widely popular, as is contraceptive use, and interracial marriage.
Who would be stupid enough to challenge them knowing no state would ever overturn them?

So is Roe. Read your own polls.

You take away one right you can take away them all.

The GOP track record sucks...
Overturning Obergfell - which i have been consistently misspelling - does not have to be broadly popular for a challenge to that ruling. It just has to be popular among Republican activists and donors in a state controlled by Republicans. Which it is.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 1785 1786 [1787] 1788 1789 ... 2920