Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745772 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
That Red Glare gives proof, all right.
« Reply #27015 on: May 16, 2022, 05:18:48 PM »

198 mass shootings in 2022, so far. An average of about 10/week. 

I guess we really are the home of the brave, when you consider that going to the grocery store, to school, to church, temple, or mosque, the mall, the movies, the gas station, the park, the beach, a game, etc, can get you sent to the morgue.

Carry on, and remember. We are all reaping what the NRA and its supporters have sown.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27016 on: May 16, 2022, 05:34:44 PM »

I saw a little girl on the news who her parents set her up with her own restaurant, and she is successful, and now she is branching out and expanding. What a wonderful gift for that child. She will never be poor, she will never be hungry, she will never be homeless, and when she does things she can do what she wants to do instead of being poor and hungry and needing to work just to eat. She can live life on a level that many poor people do not understand. If she saves and invests right then she can always have a home in a good neighborhood and she will not need to be motivated by starvation and homelessness.

What most rich people do from what I have seen, is they set the children up with their own business after they finish college. When I drove a limousine that was how the lady got the company, there were two daughters, and after they finished college they each got their own business, one daughter got the Malibu Gym, and the other daughter got Gemstar Limousine, and I drove a limo for her company. After they finish college then the rich people help to set their children up in business. Aaron Spelling produced a television show especially for Tory Spelling.

So we need for there to be special banks for the people who do not have rich families where just normal people can go to borrow money to start a business. We need to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor. We need for the poor people to be able to open their own business after they finish college like the rich people do. We need for everyone to have opportunities. I mean come on, a little kid can have her own successful restaurant, then poor people need to have that same opportunity.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27017 on: May 16, 2022, 06:21:29 PM »

News Item

Judge Strikes Down California Law Mandating Women on Boards

A state judge struck down a California law requiring companies in the state put female directors on their boards, the second legal setback in as many months for efforts to mandate board diversity.

Meritocracy is still alive!

Hallelujah!

We need to shake ourselves out of this self-inflicted DEI stupor.

Meritocracy

Affirmative Action the old fashioned way!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27018 on: May 16, 2022, 06:31:14 PM »

Funny that Kid didn't mention the psychiatric evaluation that had been ordered months before the Buffalo shooter was able to purchase a new rifle.  He had made threats against his high school.  And was able to buy a gun.

Yes.  And some still knew of his plans.  (Prosecute the parents?  Yep)

Letitia James and Kathy Hochul run this show in NY that allowed the gun purchase.

Sad duo.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27019 on: May 16, 2022, 06:33:59 PM »

I remember not too long ago Kid was posting links to stormfront articles as if they were a good way to spread news and support his points. Should there be some sort of safety check initiated?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27020 on: May 16, 2022, 06:34:20 PM »

News Item

Judge Strikes Down California Law Mandating Women on Boards

A state judge struck down a California law requiring companies in the state put female directors on their boards, the second legal setback in as many months for efforts to mandate board diversity.

Meritocracy is still alive!

Hallelujah!

We need to shake ourselves out of this self-inflicted DEI stupor.

Meritocracy

Affirmative Action the old fashioned way!

The US is not a meritocracy and the notion that it is or has been since its founding is absurd.

The law was predicted to be struck down - government exists currently for the good of the wealthy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27021 on: May 16, 2022, 07:08:36 PM »

On the issue of business loans for orphans when they finish college...

I sent the idea to the World Bank, and I know creative ideas to make money that the Vatican could use if they wanted to make money to help orphans, etc where the Vatican can help give business loans for orphans when they finish college. I saw a satellite that a company my Mother worked for made, and the satellite was made to tell us where the gold is, and where the natural resources are here on earth. We could tell the Vatican where the Gold is and they can go there to open gold mines on a sure bet. It is the same technology that tells us what the minerals are on Mars, etc, only we know where the Gold and stuff is here on Earth with the technology. We will see, I have a lot of ideas if the World Bank pays attention, we will see if they ignore me or not.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27022 on: May 16, 2022, 07:15:44 PM »

Funny that Kid didn't mention the psychiatric evaluation that had been ordered months before the Buffalo shooter was able to purchase a new rifle.  He had made threats against his high school.  And was able to buy a gun.

Yes.  And some still knew of his plans.  (Prosecute the parents?  Yep)

Letitia James and Kathy Hochul run this show in NY that allowed the gun purchase.

Sad duo.

What? No legislature in NYSf?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27023 on: May 16, 2022, 07:30:16 PM »

Biden waives import tariffs on baby formula.
Could he have waited any longer?
He knew about the danger of shortages last year.
What a jerk

No wonder his approval is now 39 per cent 39 fucking per cent.

And 75 per cent of Americans say he is leading us down the wrong path.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27024 on: May 16, 2022, 07:36:38 PM »

Biden waives import tariffs on baby formula.
Could he have waited any longer?
He knew about the danger of shortages last year.
What a jerk

No wonder his approval is now 39 per cent 39 fucking per cent.

And 75 per cent of Americans say he is leading us down the wrong path.

The keening of panicked laughter is a wonder to behold

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27025 on: May 16, 2022, 08:17:33 PM »

Ward would take 3, then angrily defend his choice.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27027 on: May 16, 2022, 09:04:28 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 ... 2921