Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1857 1858 [1859] 1860 1861 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749925 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27870 on: June 07, 2022, 03:00:10 PM »

News Item

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen on Tuesday said the U.S. faces unacceptable levels of inflation and pledged to drive down the price of everyday goods with an appropriate budgetary stance.

In the meantime Yellen says she and President Biden offer  THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS to all Americans struggling to feed their families.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27871 on: June 07, 2022, 03:08:46 PM »

That is a  lie, you grotesque Hieronymus Bosch ish partisan hack.

In fact, she made constructive suggestions, as well as detailing how the current inflation woes arise from war, pandemic, and supply chain issues.  From CNN coverage...

We are seeing high inflation in almost all of the developed countries around the world. And they have very different fiscal policies, Yellen said. So it cant be the case that the bulk of the inflation that we are experiencing reflects the impact of the ARP.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27872 on: June 07, 2022, 03:49:27 PM »

That is a  lie, you grotesque Hieronymus Bosch ish partisan hack.

In fact, she made constructive suggestions, as well as detailing how the current inflation woes arise from war, pandemic, and supply chain issues.  From CNN coverage...

We are seeing high inflation in almost all of the developed countries around the world. And they have very different fiscal policies, Yellen said. So it cant be the case that the bulk of the inflation that we are experiencing reflects the impact of the ARP.
I think she was sincere in offering thoughts and prayers.
You dont?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27874 on: June 07, 2022, 05:35:23 PM »

Actor Matthew McConaughey was on the money in the White House briefing room today.
Welcome to see such candor and common sense coming from that room during the Biden years.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:11:14 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27875 on: June 07, 2022, 05:46:29 PM »

White Bouse
Technically only 95% white. You Grotesque Hieronymous Boschian Partisan Hack.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 05:48:26 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27876 on: June 07, 2022, 06:35:20 PM »

McConaughey specifically called on U.S. lawmakers to pass legislation to raise the minimum age gun owners can purchase an assault rifle to 21 from 18, bulk up background checks and institute red flag provisions.

The GOP has indicated that they won't increase the minimum age at which gun owners can purchase an assault rifle.

And I could have sworn that Ward told us an AR-15 is not an assault rifle, despite the dictionary definition that disagrees with him in multiple versions published by multiple companies.

So, it is nice to see Ward lauding the common definition of assault rifle that includes the AR-15.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/06/06/matthew-mcconaughey-editorial-time-responsible-choices-guns/7523836001/

2) Unless you are in the military, you should be 21 years old to purchase an assault rifle. I'm not talking about 12-gauge shotguns or lever-action hunting rifles. I'm talking about the weapon of choice for mass murderers, AR-15s. The killer in my hometown of Uvalde purchased two AR-15s for his eighteenth birthday, just days before he killed 19 students and two teachers. He obeyed the law. Had the law been different, perhaps I wouldn't be writing this today.

and
4) We need to institute a national waiting period for assault rifles. Individuals often purchase weapons in a fit of rage, harming themselves or others. Studies show that mandatory waiting periods reduced homicides by 17 percent. Gun suicides account for the majority of U.S. gun deaths. A waiting period to purchase an assault rifle is an acceptable sacrifice for responsible gun owners when it can prevent a mass shooting crime of passion or suicide.

So, there it is, again - a waiting period reduces homicides and suicides according to this speaker (as we as according to the facts repeatedly posted here).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:37:44 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27877 on: June 07, 2022, 07:01:45 PM »

McConaughey specifically called on U.S. lawmakers to pass legislation to raise the minimum age gun owners can purchase an assault rifle to 21 from 18, bulk up background checks and institute red flag provisions.

The GOP has indicated that they won't increase the minimum age at which gun owners can purchase an assault rifle.

And I could have sworn that Ward told us an AR-15 is not an assault rifle, despite the dictionary definition that disagrees with him in multiple versions published by multiple companies.

So, it is nice to see Ward lauding the common definition of assault rifle that includes the AR-15.
Assault weapons are banned. The AR15 is not an assault weapon.

18 million sold( a minimum) proves that.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27878 on: June 07, 2022, 07:09:14 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27879 on: June 07, 2022, 07:15:50 PM »

Argue with the dictionary, dickwad, not with me. I provided Merriam-Webster's defintion.

You can also argue with California:
"In addition, the Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act controlled AK and AR-15 series assault weapons. (Penal code info deleted by me.) These assault weapons are controlled regardless of whether they have Category 3 (code excluded) characteristics.

Category 2:
"Effective August 16, 2000, firearm models that are variations of the AK or AR-15, with only minor differences from those two models, are assault weapons under the original Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989. ...
The only legal option for Category 2 assault weapons that were not registered on or before January 23, 2001, is to surrender them to law enforcement pursuant to Penal Code (etc.)

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/aws-guide.pdf

Keep on blathering, Ward.

You want them to not be assault weapons, but whether Matthew McConaughey or Merriam Webster or the State of California, they are assault weapons.

And, again, I don't give a flying fuck what you want them to be called - I want them to be controlled. I want their magazine sizes controlled and I want their ammo and firing rates controlled.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27880 on: June 07, 2022, 07:19:56 PM »

Argued like a fucking idiot.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/6/7/2102808/-Internal-Audit-of-Fla-COVID-19-data-destroys-DeSantis-narrative-about-transparent-data

Link to contribute at the tail of the piece.

Enjoy!

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27882 on: June 07, 2022, 07:40:17 PM »

Actor Matthew McConaughey was on the money in the White House briefing room today.
Welcome to see such candor and common sense coming from that room during the Biden years.

And was heckled on the way out by James Rosen of NewsMax

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/newsmax-reporter-james-rosen-shouts-at-matthew-mcconaughey-after-emotional-speech-on-uvalde-massacre-are-you-grandstanding/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27883 on: June 07, 2022, 07:58:07 PM »

Argue with the dictionary, dickwad, not with me. I provided Merriam-Webster's defintion.
I provided the reality of a definition.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27884 on: June 07, 2022, 08:10:45 PM »

I provided the reality of a definition.
As a PROVEN LIAR and an Hieronymous Boschian, not to mention Comically Transparent, Partisan Hack nothing you post belongs in the same sentence with "reality".
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 1857 1858 [1859] 1860 1861 ... 2924