Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2133 2134 [2135] 2136 2137 ... 2793

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 655094 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32010 on: November 17, 2022, 10:58:11 AM »

GOP getting one of the slimmest majorities in history, in a midterm, and then possibly losing another Senate seat, and also flipping three governor seats is not the great mandate they were hoping for.  I do not think lame duck means what Ward think it means.
Yes it does.
Even if Biden adopts a Bill Clinton attitude his leftist agenda is dead.

No. It doesn
Hey, be fair! Remember how RedDickJimmEspn posted Trump was a lame duck after 2018, when the Repos got a terrible beating in the House but retained the Senate?

Come to think of it, neither do I. But then the only elections that matter to RDJE are the ones his side wins.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32011 on: November 17, 2022, 12:23:16 PM »

Heh!  When all your House majority needs is something like three stray cats to kill a bill or pass a moderate one, your right-wing agenda is on a BiPAP machine.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32012 on: November 17, 2022, 12:30:23 PM »

Can't decide which is more amusing about the FTX collapse, that the lawsuit includes a group as motley as
Larry David, Naomi Osaka, Gisele Bundchen and Shaquille ONeal, or that the CEO is named Bankman-Fried.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32013 on: November 17, 2022, 01:12:26 PM »

Nancy Pelosi is stepping down as leader of the Dems in the House. Best part of her speech is when she said she "enjoyed working with three presidents". She was speaker under four presidents.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32014 on: November 17, 2022, 01:14:57 PM »

Can't decide which is more amusing about the FTX collapse, that the lawsuit includes a group as motley as
Larry David, Naomi Osaka, Gisele Bundchen and Shaquille ONeal, or that the CEO is named Bankman-Fried.

Naomi will have a good cry now

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32015 on: November 17, 2022, 01:23:45 PM »

News Item

GOP wins control of US House.

Takeaways.
Biden is lame duck.
Trump is a non issue going forward.

ROFLMAO

Biden policies come on line in 2023

Try stopping or taking away these popular policies

Like forgiving student debt? 

Heh

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32016 on: November 17, 2022, 01:47:50 PM »

Heh!  When all your House majority needs is something like three stray cats to kill a bill or pass a moderate one, your right-wing agenda is on a BiPAP machine.
You mean the Senate.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 01:52:36 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32017 on: November 17, 2022, 01:59:25 PM »

Lock up and lock out the insurrectionists in the incoming Congress and the legislative branch will run smoothly as it aught to.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32018 on: November 17, 2022, 02:09:52 PM »

GOP getting one of the slimmest majorities in history, in a midterm, and then possibly losing another Senate seat, and also flipping three governor seats is not the great mandate they were hoping for.  I do not think lame duck means what Ward think it means.
Yes it does.

No. It doesn
Hey, be fair! Remember how RedDickJimmEspn posted Trump was a lame duck after 2018, when the Repos got a terrible beating in the House but retained the Senate?

Come to think of it, neither do I. But then the only elections that matter to RDJE are the ones his side wins.
The House fell to the GOP.  Biden leftist agenda is dead.  The dem leadership in the House is retiring.
Even more notable is that the GOP has now picked up at least 23 House seats in the last two election cycles (Biden has no coattails) and this year won the generic House vote by over 4 million votes.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32019 on: November 17, 2022, 02:29:09 PM »

News Item

GOP wins control of US House.

Takeaways.
Biden is lame duck.
Trump is a non issue going forward.

ROFLMAO

Biden policies come on line in 2023

Try stopping or taking away these popular policies

Like forgiving student debt? 

Heh

I am sure the GOP will be rewarded mightily for fighting that.

Will,work out as well as trying to kill Obamacare
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32020 on: November 17, 2022, 04:32:32 PM »

Almost feel bad for Kevin McCarthy for he is gonna get the shit kicked out of him from the right
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32021 on: November 17, 2022, 04:57:21 PM »

Yes it does.

No. It doesn

The House fell to the GOP.  Biden leftist agenda is dead.  The dem leadership in the House is retiring.
Even more notable is that the GOP has now picked up at least 23 House seats in the last two election cycles (Biden has no coattails) and this year won the generic House vote by over 4 million votes.
Yes, I am aware that the only elections you claim are important are the ones your side wins.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32022 on: November 17, 2022, 05:18:49 PM »

Yes it does.

No. It doesn

Yes, I am aware that the only elections you claim are important are the ones your side wins.
Which one are you referring to ? 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32023 on: November 17, 2022, 05:36:11 PM »

Trump has promised a new "platform of national greatness and glory" centred on;

1. . ending America's reliance on China,
2  . introducing the death penalty for drug dealers,
3  . bolstering border security,
4  . eliminating homelessness and
5  . planting the US flag on Mars.

#####

1. good
3. good
4. good
5. good ... maybe the money could be spent better.

2.  very, very bad

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32024 on: November 17, 2022, 08:21:46 PM »

Damn, Michael Gerson is dead at 58.  That's a loss for conservatives and anyone who appreciates thoughtful and reasoned analysis from a moderate perspective.  He was a WaPo columnist and speechwriter for W.  And the guy who coined the phrase, the soft bigotry of low expectations. 

He also struck me as someone with considerable emotional intelligence, and heart, not just some lofty intellect sitting in a tower.   
Pages: 1 ... 2133 2134 [2135] 2136 2137 ... 2793