Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2161 2162 [2163] 2164 2165 ... 2785

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 652242 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32430 on: January 03, 2023, 04:24:41 PM »

All you need to show me is TESLA sales "slumping badly" in 2022.  All you need to do is show 2021 sales and 2022 sales.  I'll even let you define "slumping badly" at that point.  It sounds like it'll be pretty easy for you. 

And again, you continue to talk about Tesla as if it were the only EV on the market.  For the leading advocate of muscular capitalism here you seem to have a real difficult time understanding why TESLA stock might be falling.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 04:27:09 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32431 on: January 03, 2023, 04:41:15 PM »

All you need to show me is TESLA sales "slumping badly" in 2022.  All you need to do is show 2021 sales and 2022 sales.  I'll even let you define "slumping badly" at that point.  It sounds like it'll be pretty easy for you. 

And again, you continue to talk about Tesla as if it were the only EV on the market.  For the leading advocate of muscular capitalism here you seem to have a real difficult time understanding why TESLA stock might be falling.
Come on. He has spent all day Googleing "Chuck Hughes" you cannot expect him to take the time to type 
"Tesla record sales 2022" into a search box.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32432 on: January 03, 2023, 05:24:29 PM »

I don't see the word "sales" or "slumping" in the language you've quoted. In reality TESLA sales increased greatly in 2022 albeit by as much as either TESLA or Wall Street predicted. 

In any event, though, you still appear to believe that Teslas are the only EVs.
It is the only EV  manufacturer with full service in  a superior car.
But, as noted, sales of ALL EVs are slumping and the industry has been totally oversold
Electric cars may have a market in certain geographic areas but any idea they will replace gas driven vehicles is a foolish prediction.

Go curry comb your horse
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32433 on: January 03, 2023, 05:47:53 PM »

Nice of the GOP to allow the party switch curious members in their ranks time to set their price.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32434 on: January 03, 2023, 05:49:46 PM »

I don't see the word "sales" or "slumping" in the language you've quoted. In reality TESLA sales increased greatly in 2022 albeit by as much as either TESLA or Wall Street predicted. 

But, as noted, sales of ALL EVs are slumping and the industry has been totally oversold
Electric cars may have a market in certain geographic areas but any idea they will replace gas driven vehicles is a foolish prediction.

Go curry comb your horse

Red is dumb enough that he makes sense to himself. Some days he says something worth poking holes in. This is not one of those days.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32435 on: January 03, 2023, 06:25:35 PM »

Go curry comb your horse

Red is dumb enough that he makes sense to himself. Some days he says something worth poking holes in. This is not one of those days.
Red will do what he always does when easily proven wrong. Ignore it and act like it never happened.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32436 on: January 03, 2023, 06:39:15 PM »

And it was

Tesla in October lowered its 2022  growth expectations  from its goal of increasing sales  annually by 50%. It would need to sell a record-setting 495,000 cars in the fourth quarter to achieve that growth rate for the year. Instead it got  410,000
Tesla stock took a hit of 65% in 2022.
Today it declined 12%.

If Tesla can not sell EVs at a growing rate no one can.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 06:42:15 PM by Espnthree »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32437 on: January 03, 2023, 07:42:54 PM »

I'll try again and then I'll again go back into hibernation.  Red said Tesla sales "slumped badly" last year.   By any definition, "slumped badly" would at least mean that sales were less in 2022 than they were in 2021.  All I've asked Red to do is to produce the sales figure from both years.

Instead, he's talked about stock price, corporate sales goals and Wall Street forecasts.  By Red's crack analysis a failure to meet sales growth by 50% constitutes "slumping badly."

Why is it that Red is so reluctant to answer the question?  I mean he's not a moron.  That's Kid.  But it's certainly not a good look.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32438 on: January 03, 2023, 08:14:12 PM »

I'll try again and then I'll again go back into hibernation.  Red said Tesla sales "slumped badly" last year.   

Which they did.
The industry leader badly missed its target in sales and its stock plummeted 65% in value.
The future of EVs is not bright if Tesla is losing momentum.
Gasoline powered cars obsolete by 2030?
In your hibernating dreams.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32439 on: January 03, 2023, 08:17:09 PM »

And it was

Tesla in October lowered its 2022  growth expectations  from its goal of increasing sales  annually by 50%. It would need to sell a record-setting 495,000 cars in the fourth quarter to achieve that growth rate for the year. Instead it got  410,000
Tesla stock took a hit of 65% in 2022.
Today it declined 12%.

If Tesla can not sell EVs at a growing rate no one can.

Stock is tanking because Musk is acting the ass with Twitter
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32440 on: January 03, 2023, 08:32:58 PM »

I'll try again and then I'll again go back into hibernation.  Red said Tesla sales "slumped badly" last year.   

Which they did.
The industry leader badly missed its target in sales and its stock plummeted 65% in value.
The future of EVs is not bright if Tesla is losing momentum.
Gasoline powered cars obsolete by 2030?
In your hibernating dreams.
You
I see you drifted off to sleep.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32441 on: January 03, 2023, 08:33:28 PM »

You appear to be constitutionally incapable of answering the simplest question, Red.  That's an admirable trait.  I'm leaving your silliness.

I hope your oil company investments continue to make you fat and happy. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32442 on: January 03, 2023, 09:02:31 PM »

You appear to be constitutionally incapable of answering the simplest question, Red.  That's an admirable trait.  I'm leaving your silliness.
constitutionally incapable ?
I answered the question like any average American would.
A successful company loses its grip on success when it cannot meet expectations(its own or that of industry experts) and goes down in value. As Tesla did in 2022.

I hope your oil company investments continue to make you fat and happy.
Thanks. They will until something comes along that is better.
EVs are not. Neither are windmills and/or solar panels.
Enjoy your nap.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32443 on: January 03, 2023, 09:11:52 PM »

So I guess you are unable to find the sales figures.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32444 on: January 03, 2023, 09:15:20 PM »

Global PEV sales up 55 percent year on year.

BYD makes a better product than Tesla and is eating their lunch in the growing global market.

Scalable battery tech is where it is at.

Red huffs lead.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2161 2162 [2163] 2164 2165 ... 2785