Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2182 2183 [2184] 2185 2186 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653815 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32745 on: January 16, 2023, 10:48:28 PM »

When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men would be guaranteed the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check which has come back marked insufficient funds. But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. So we have come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice. We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of Gods children. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood.

Martin Luther King, Jr
August 28, 1963
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32747 on: January 17, 2023, 10:30:51 AM »

Adam Schiff has thrown Biden under the bus.
Schiff is a pencil necked lying geek but he has this one  right.
Biden had no authority to have ANY classified  documents as Vice President but he did.
His stupidity( at best) ) blew up the Mar a Lago case against Trump.
Biden is toast.

MUHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

heh
Normally I would just point out that RedDick is a PROVEN LIAR but his last lie is an interesting intersection between two right wing bubble lies: that under Biden DoJ has become politically weaponized, and that there is some correlation between what Trump did and what Biden did. The affidavit backing the Trump search warrant cited three statutes: the espionage act (which includes showing classified documents to any unauthorized person, including a journalist you are sleeping with or a Mar a Lago party guest), obstruction and willfully withholding official documents. None of those appear at play here, since Biden has been handing over the documents as they are found, and Trump most decidedly did not. DoJ is perfectly capable of drawing obvious distinctions and making prosecutorial judgments.

There is also knowingly mishandling classified documents, but RedDick pretends part of that offense does not exist. And while there is plenty of evidence Trump violated this law as well, especially since he continued to retain them after specifically being to what he was doing was a violation,  Biden voluntarily turning the documents over as they are discovered makes the knowledge element difficult to show.
I acknowledged (and you agreed) that Trump was wrong to hold on to the Classified Documents at the time of the Mar A Lago raid.
Which brings in a second lie: the whole weaponization myth. It is not weaponization for DoJ to investigate conservatives for their crimes. It is not the fault of the Biden administration that the Repos were, and are, led by a morally corrupt buffoon and monomaniac who has spent his entire life lying, cheating and circumventing laws. DoJ will not be basing prosecution on the whether the political optics look good for the Biden administration.

A bit over dramatic  ,even from a partisan, but not worth quibbling about.

DoJ will not be basing prosecution on the weather(sic) the political optics look good for the Biden administration.

Irrelevant and immaterial since the presence of the documents at his home and office are prima facie evidence of his mishandling of classified documents. The punishment for the misconduct, however, will be left up to the voters, as it should be.
I have not found any article attributing any comment to Schiff remotely like the one PROVEN LIAR RedDick cites. As reported by RedDick it is obviously wrong, so I think RedDick just garbled the info dump into his brain from the right wing bubble he gets all of his opinions from. The VP obviously gets access to sorts of assigned documents.  What Schiff did say, because unlike the Repos who have their mouths permanently stitched to Trump s a us, he gives a shit about National Security, is that we need an intelligence assessment of the potential damage done by Biden having classified documents in his office and home.
Must not have tried very hard.

From Politico and Slate both on the far left of the Political spectrum.

Rep. Adam Schiff, who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, said that as far as he is concerned there is direct evidence of collusion between Donald Trump s presidential campaign and Russia. Specifically, Schiff says that the 2016 offer from a Russian lawyer for information on Hillary Clinton to members of Trump presidential campaign and Russia. Specifically, Schiff says that the 2016 offer from a Russian lawyer for information on Hillary Clinton to members of the Trump campaign is the smoking gun. I think there is direct evidence in the emails from the Russians through their intermediary offering dirt on Hillary Clinton as part of what is described in writing as the Russian government effort to help elect Donald Trump, Schiff said on CBS Face the Nation, when he was asked if he had direct evidence of collusion with Russia.

If you claim to be a lawyer is it too much to ask that you behave as one?
[/quote]A Venn Diagram of "Supporting your claim as to what Schiff said" and "That quote" would be two independent circles separated by so much space as to make one doubt the existence of a space time continuum
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32748 on: January 17, 2023, 10:34:24 AM »

I am fairly sure that if the progressives in Congress try to do away with gas stoves
Liar
Congress will be dissolved.
This is,after all, America.
Liar. The space in your head is firy up your own ass, which is itself in a right wing bubble located in Cloud Cuckooland.

- William of Baskerville

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32749 on: January 17, 2023, 10:38:27 AM »

If you claim to be a lawyer is it too much to ask that you behave as one?
A Venn Diagram of "Supporting your claim as to what Schiff said" and "That quote" would be two independent circles separated by so much space as to make one doubt the existence of a space time continuum
What, exactly, is your point, assuming you are trying to prove one.?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 10:43:57 AM by Espnthree »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32750 on: January 17, 2023, 10:43:29 AM »

Best Lines of the day

Dilbert creator Scott Adams
My theory is that Biden leaves a trail of classified documents wherever he goes so he can find his way back.

And Babylon Bee made Twitter CEO Elon Musk laugh
DOJ Indicts Trump For Biden s Possession Of Classified Documents.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32751 on: January 17, 2023, 11:03:05 AM »

Moron still needs a dictionary.
ROFL!
I could not have had a better setup.
Slam Dunk!
Nor could I.
I suspect that PROVEN LIAR RedDick thinks that calling someone a nihilist is somehow a supreme dick waving epic put down, rather then further evidence that he does not own a dictionary.

- William of Baskerville

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32752 on: January 17, 2023, 11:25:05 AM »

...This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism....
Martin Luther King, Jr

I can't put things as well as Dr. K, but I'll try putting it like this: telling people to wait for justice is like telling someone with collapsed lungs to wait for oxygen. 

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32753 on: January 17, 2023, 11:30:46 AM »

A Venn Diagram of "Supporting your claim as to what Schiff said" and "That quote" would be two independent circles separated by so much space as to make one doubt the existence of a space time continuum

Your Schiff quote did not at all show what you claimed he said, you giant flaming dumpster of shit.  Clearer?
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32754 on: January 17, 2023, 11:47:34 AM »

Your Schiff quote did not at all show what you claimed he said, you giant flaming dumpster of shit.  Clearer?
Quite the opposite.
Unless Schiff using the term[/i] smoking gun[/i] is somehow not in your dictionary.
But I am sure Harry is grateful for your support no matter its stupidity.

SMOKING GUN
: something that serves as conclusive evidence or proof (as of a crime or scientific theory)
(Merriam-Webster)

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32755 on: January 17, 2023, 12:03:06 PM »

Fancy speeches, written by professional speech writers...anyone can deliver them.
When though will the West be delivering more powerful weapons to Ukraine to stop the slaughter there by evil Russia?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 02:36:41 PM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32756 on: January 17, 2023, 01:01:55 PM »

Quite the opposite.
Unless Schiff using the term[/i] smoking gun[/i] is somehow not in your dictionary.

SMOKING GUN
: something that serves as conclusive evidence or proof (as of a crime or scientific theory)
(Merriam-Webster)
Once again, you try to justify claiming Schiff said a VP has no right to classified documents with something that 🐻 🐻 absolutely no relationship with that assertion you colossal lying turd.

- William of Baskerville

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32757 on: January 17, 2023, 01:37:33 PM »

Quite the opposite.

SMOKING GUN
(Merriam-Webster)
Once again, you try to justify claiming Schiff said a VP has no right to classified documents with something that 🐻 🐻 absolutely no relationship with that assertion you colossal lying turd.
no, I said a VP has no right to classified documents.
My post.:

Biden had no authority to have ANY classified  documents as Vice President but he did.
Biden is toast.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32758 on: January 17, 2023, 02:35:29 PM »

Quite the opposite.

SMOKING GUN
(Merriam-Webster)
My post.:

Biden is toast.

Then, 1. Your quote still has no relationship to your comment about Schiff, and
2. If the statement that Biden had no authority to have any classified documents was from you, you are a stone idiot, even more than I thought.

- William of Baskerville

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32759 on: January 17, 2023, 03:10:46 PM »

Quite the opposite.

SMOKING GUN
(Merriam-Webster)
My post.:

Biden is toast.

Then, 1. Your quote still has no relationship to your comment about Schiff, and
2. If the statement that Biden had no authority to have any classified documents was from you, you are a stone idiot, even more than I thought.
Then (1) English must be second language for you and
(2) you are clueless on the law.
Just as I thought.
Pages: 1 ... 2182 2183 [2184] 2185 2186 ... 2787