Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2211 2212 [2213] 2214 2215 ... 2795

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 657189 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #33180 on: February 08, 2023, 10:32:07 AM »

The other thing about Huckaliar's speech was when she said we are presented with a choice between crazy and normal. Which shows the perils inherent in having to write your speech too early.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33181 on: February 08, 2023, 11:17:52 AM »

Figured Boz could use a break, and I wanted to practice formatting skills.
Too bad for you when Joe reinforced my forecast in the SOTU.

How is the climate on Earth Two?

Joe Biden dog walked the GO P and did it with a grin.
I almost - almost - felt sorry for McCarthy watching the people he prostituted himself to behave like the idiot children they are. But then, he is the one who let the kindergarten class run the school.

Highlight of the Repo response was the long and pointless story about going to Iraq with Trump - these soldiers being alive and unmaimed Trump did not consider them losers and suckered - and meeting a convenient soldier who amazingly said and did things that made for a perfect story which ended with the big reveal: "And that soldier's name? George Santos." Or should have.

But thanks to her; her prolonged demonizing of people like me for having policy disagreements with her makes me absolutely fine with pointing out what a racist speach she gave,  and what a racist she has been in her roughly one month in office.
Without the words racist and liar Lime the Bot would have nothing to say.
Liar.
QED

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #33182 on: February 08, 2023, 11:35:29 AM »

I almost - almost - felt sorry for McCarthy watching the people he prostituted himself to behave like the idiot children they are. But then, he is the one who let the kindergarten class run the school.

Highlight of the Repo response was the long and pointless story about going to Iraq with Trump - these soldiers being alive and unmaimed Trump did not consider them losers and suckered - and meeting a convenient soldier who amazingly said and did things that made for a perfect story which ended with the big reveal: "And that soldier's name? George Santos." Or should have.

But thanks to her; her prolonged demonizing of people like me for having policy disagreements with her makes me absolutely fine with pointing out what a racist speach she gave,  and what a racist she has been in her roughly one month in office.
Liar.
QED
Liar.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33183 on: February 08, 2023, 12:59:41 PM »

News Item
February 8, 2023

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Reflecting on their personal financial situations, 35% of Americans say they are better off now than they were a year ago, while 50% are worse off. Since Gallup first asked this question in 1976, it has been rare for half or more of Americans to say they are worse off. The only other times this occurred was during the Great Recession era in 2008 and 2009.

Most lower-income Americans, 61%, say their financial situation has deteriorated over the past year, while less than half that number, 26%, indicate it has improved. Middle- and upper-income Americans are also more likely to say they are worse off than better off, but by much narrower margins than seen among the lower-income group.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/469898/half-say-worse-off-highest-2009.aspx

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #33184 on: February 08, 2023, 01:19:50 PM »

Liar.

I find myself an SOTU virgin this morning, which usually happens.  I always think maybe I'll watch, but my loathing for speeches (with rare St. Crispian exceptions) usually asserts itself, and I read synopses the next day.  Browsing the Post report, sounds like Biden handled himself well and parried the childish heckling remarks with wit and sagacity.  SHS seemed to lie as well for her party as she did for her former president, so I'm sure she has the resume now for continued success in the GOP. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33185 on: February 08, 2023, 01:50:53 PM »

The other thing about Huckaliar's speech was when she said we are presented with a choice between crazy and normal. Which shows the perils inherent in having to write your speech too early.

She was asking us to reject normal and choose her. She is over estimating how much meth there is in this country outside of Arkansas.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33186 on: February 08, 2023, 02:21:17 PM »

News Item
February 8, 2023

Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders is proposing Arkansas LEARNS to the state legislature.
Among the features:
An increase in the current base salary for teachers from $36,000 to $50,000
which would rank Arkansas 4th highest base-salary for teachers as well as 12 weeks paid maternity leave and merit-based bonuses of up to $10,000.

Elimination of any CRT or indoctrination in curriculum

The measure also aims at broadening school choice, with the goal of adopting full universal choice for all Arkansas families by school year 2025-2026.

Current statistics show only 35% of students in third grade can read at grade level. To combat the issue the bill will fund 120 new literacy coaches to be deployed across the state to maximize student learning,and $500 of supplemental education services per year per any student from kindergarten to third grade who is struggling to read at grade level.

Also as part of Arkansas LEARNS, students will be required to complete 75 hours of community service to graduate high school. High school students will be offered dual track diplomas that will benefit students entering the workforce directly after graduation and help them qualify for high-paying jobs.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 02:43:45 PM by Espnthree »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #33187 on: February 08, 2023, 02:38:04 PM »

Elimination of any CRT or indoctrinationin curriculum

Maybe introduction of spelling curriculum.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33188 on: February 08, 2023, 02:39:14 PM »

Elimination of any CRT or indoctrinationin curriculum

Maybe introduction of spelling curriculum.
I did that so you would have something to say.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33189 on: February 08, 2023, 03:01:28 PM »

I am sure she will have no trouble getting it through her legislature.

I hope students in Arkansas are spared indoctrination by imperialist oligarchs who are selling them slavery and apartheid dressed up as capitalism and the American way.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33190 on: February 08, 2023, 03:12:12 PM »

Mitt killed shrinking Kevin on peak republican George.

These strong signs of republican unity bode well for future elections.

Richard P. Feynman

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #33191 on: February 08, 2023, 03:25:42 PM »

Elimination of any CRT or indoctrination free discourse on how history relates to ongoing trends and current events in American society in curriculum.

FIFY

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #33192 on: February 08, 2023, 03:56:08 PM »

Liar.

Though in fairness the liar in this case is Huckabee Sanders. I have always found it sadly amusing that Conservatives consider anything other than a Conservative Approved course of racial studies is indoctrination while preventing those ideas from being taught is not.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #33193 on: February 08, 2023, 04:05:41 PM »

News Item
February 8, 2023

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Reflecting on their personal financial situations, 35% of Americans say they are better off now than they were a year ago, while 50% are worse off. Since Gallup first asked this question in 1976, it has been rare for half or more of Americans to say they are worse off. The only other times this occurred was during the Great Recession era in 2008 and 2009.

Most lower-income Americans, 61%, say their financial situation has deteriorated over the past year, while less than half that number, 26%, indicate it has improved. Middle- and upper-income Americans are also more likely to say they are worse off than better off, but by much narrower margins than seen among the lower-income group.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/469898/half-say-worse-off-highest-2009.aspx

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/20/politics/child-tax-credit-spending-bill/index.html
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33194 on: February 08, 2023, 04:20:05 PM »

Liar.

Though in fairness the liar in this case is Huckabee Sanders. I have always found it sadly amusing that Conservatives consider anything other than a Conservative Approved course of racial studies is indoctrination while preventing those ideas from being taught is not.
QED
Pages: 1 ... 2211 2212 [2213] 2214 2215 ... 2795