Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2214 2215 [2216] 2217 2218 ... 2795

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 657171 times)

Oil Filter

• View Profile
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #33226 on: February 10, 2023, 09:42:01 PM »

Sen. Britt to introduce four sweeping immigration measures, call on Senate to acknowledge crisis at the border

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-britt-introduce-four-sweeping-immigration-measures-call-senate-acknowledge-crisis-border

My new heroin.
Frankly I always took you for a crack head.

US veterans don't flea national issues.  What war did you serve in?
Itching to go, are you.

He'll take a powder when anyone challenges his factoids.

And good luck to him getting a new roof if one of those tropical storms takes his off, because it's immigrants who are allowing contractors to survive.  Native-born Americans aren't much interested in the hard physical labor these days. 

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33227 on: February 10, 2023, 10:18:06 PM »

Sen. Britt to introduce four sweeping immigration measures, call on Senate to acknowledge crisis at the border

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-britt-introduce-four-sweeping-immigration-measures-call-senate-acknowledge-crisis-border

My new heroin.

Itching to go, are you.

And good luck to him getting a new roof if one of those tropical storms takes his off, because it's immigrants who are allowing contractors to survive.  Native-born Americans aren't much interested in the hard physical labor these days.
What a stupid comment.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33228 on: February 11, 2023, 12:19:05 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #33229 on: February 11, 2023, 01:25:02 PM »

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #33230 on: February 11, 2023, 03:01:28 PM »

My new heroin.

Itching to go, are you.

What a stupid comment.

A quarter of construction workers are immigrants.  How long do you think Luee will be waiting for his new roof if that sector of the labor force loses a quarter of its workers?  And NAHB reports the percentage is even higher in roofing, at 43 percent .  No surprise, given how hard roofing is. So how soon is that roofing crew coming if Luee gets his way and 43% of crews vanish? 

"Stupid" is wading into a chat lacking the relevant facts.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #33231 on: February 11, 2023, 03:04:28 PM »

http://www.editorialboard.com/bidens-buying-off-the-racists/

Too bad Banks and UNO are not around to see Joe Biden swinging for the fences

Depends on what way they are not around. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Laptops
« Reply #33232 on: February 11, 2023, 04:28:28 PM »

Finally a certified legitimate laptop scandal with real solid evidence of criminal activity by the target.

Lock the sad sack of shit up and throw away the key.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33233 on: February 11, 2023, 04:49:26 PM »

u

My new heroin.

Itching to go, are you.

What a stupid comment.

A quarter of construction workers are immigrants.  How long do you think Luee will be waiting for his new roof if that sector of the labor force loses a quarter of its workers?  And NAHB reports the percentage is even higher in roofing, at 43 percent .  No surprise, given how hard roofing is. So how soon is that roofing crew coming if Luee gets his way and 43% of crews vanish? 

Then look in the mirror.
You use the term immigrant without noting the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrant.
PEW posits that less than 14 per cent of construction crews are made up of undocumented aliens. And that is a NATIONAL estimate.
Crews needed to repair from tropical storms are regional and highly recruited for that type of work so are made up more by legal immigrants.
The idea we should relax our rules on immigration because we need undocumented aliens to rebuild homes in Florida is ridiculous.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33234 on: February 11, 2023, 05:31:50 PM »

No one can afford to rebuild in Florida and no one can afford insurance to cover the cost. It is just one of the reasons Florida is secretly the worst place to live in the United States.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #33235 on: February 11, 2023, 05:53:45 PM »

I love Florida, I just hate the storms, and the bugs, but I love Florida, and the women are great in Florida. If I could own my own night club in Cocoa Beach, then I would go for it. I went to a night club there on the beach and I saw Jimmy Page playing with a band called the Groove Monsters, it was great. The club was right on the sand. I would have stayed there if I could have gotten a job as a cook at the night club, or any honest job. But, it was hard to get a job in Florida at that time, no one was hiring.

And I lived in Florida as a kid for one summer in Cape Canaveral, and we traveled all over the state of Florida as tourists. I love Saint Augustine, Florida is a beautiful state. The Keys are laid back and mellow, and everyone parties. We drove a motor home around the Daytona racetrack. I had a step-dad who was a Supervisor on the Space Shuttle program, so we lived like Royalty in Florida at that time, they treated us great.

Florida is nice, but the storms and the bugs are not cool. And plus it is hard to get a job there. Disney is the main lifeline, and Cape Canaveral, in the area where I was.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #33236 on: February 11, 2023, 07:21:16 PM »

These individuals cannot compete and contribute in a very primitive society. Makes no sense that they will do well in a modern complex nation. Just share the wealth and resources.

Talk about PRIMITIVE SOCIETY

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/02/08/el-paso-walmart-shooting-pleads-guilty/
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #33237 on: February 11, 2023, 07:24:34 PM »

u

My new heroin.

Itching to go, are you.

What a stupid comment.

Then look in the mirror.
You use the term immigrant without noting the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrant.
PEW posits that less than 14 per cent of construction crews are made up of undocumented aliens. And that is a NATIONAL estimate.
Crews needed to repair from tropical storms are regional and highly recruited for that type of work so are made up more by legal immigrants.
The idea we should relax our rules on immigration because we need undocumented aliens to rebuild homes in Florida is ridiculous.

Missing the point.  (my averages were national figures btw)  I was addressing Luee's comments which were directed at immigrants - He did not differentiate between documented and undocumented, and generally seemed to be favoring preference to native born.  My point is that hard labor jobs like roofing or field labor have long provided immigrants a pathway into our economy.  If Luee wants to modify his comments to acknowledge the contribution of legal immigrants, and their essential role, then he can do so, and we will have that discussion.  And, in that discussion, we need to ask what happens when 14% of construction crews vanish, because they are not documented.  How does that affect our national struggle to make affordable housing? 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33238 on: February 11, 2023, 08:11:53 PM »

u

My new heroin.

Itching to go, are you.

What a stupid comment.

Then look in the mirror.

Missing the point.  (my averages were national figures btw) 
Then you have no point.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33239 on: February 11, 2023, 08:14:00 PM »

u

My new heroin.

Itching to go, are you.

What a stupid comment.

Then look in the mirror.

Missing the point.  (my averages were national figures btw) 
Then you have no point.
Liar.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14
Pages: 1 ... 2214 2215 [2216] 2217 2218 ... 2795