Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2275 2276 [2277] 2278 2279 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762523 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #34140 on: May 02, 2023, 03:46:31 PM »

Republicans are not for open borders. Strictly a grab for votes in the future led by the left fringe of the party
With Title 42 in effect only 300 thousand of the 1.3 million illegals crossing the Border were sent back last year.

When the program ends tens of thousands are expected each week.

But democrats insist the Border is NOT OPEN.
Let me get out my calculator... let's see... that is... 300,000 more sent back than there would have been if there was an ACTUAL OPEN BORDER. Enjoy your sardine, you intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #34141 on: May 02, 2023, 04:16:27 PM »

Programs helping Vets, the elderly, etc. have all been cut to the bone. Top priority now is the starving children nobody asked for and their extended families. Threats to make further cuts have been given. This is not to mention the growing homeless population who find it almost impossible to find affordable housing.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #34142 on: May 02, 2023, 04:30:01 PM »

Programs helping Vets, the elderly, etc. have all been cut to the bone. Top priority now is the starving children nobody asked for and their extended families. Threats to make further cuts have been given. This is not to mention the growing homeless population who find it almost impossible to find affordable housing.

Our Veterans need to be treated better and they need to be given housing and medical insurance, etc. Right now Vets have help with an education, and they get business loans, and they get home loans, etc.

I have a friend who was an aircraft mechanic on an aircraft carrier and he put in his 20 years and he retired with a beautiful home in Texas and he has a wife and family, he gets to spend all of his time enjoying life with his family, he is living a good retired life.

But more needs to be done for the Vets with PTSD and for the homeless Vets.

Today Mayor Bass just opened a new apartment complex which will house 2,000 homeless Veterans.

I worked at China Lake Navy Weapon Center, and at NASA out at Edwards Air Force Base, and I have always gotten along well with our service men and women.

I am Color Blind so the military was never an option for me, I could never be a soldier and I could never be a cop. I came up with a theory that Color Blind people can see better at night, and I sent the idea to the University of California in Irvine Research Department so they could run tests to see if my hypothesis is correct. But, I cannot see the color of cars, or of clothing, etc, so I could never join the military nor could I ever be a cop.

I hope that we do more to help our Veterans.

I am a Christian and I support helping all people who need help.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 04:35:02 PM by FlyingVProd »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34143 on: May 02, 2023, 04:40:06 PM »

Republicans are not for open borders. Strictly a grab for votes in the future led by the left fringe of the party
With Title 42 in effect only 300 thousand of the 1.3 million illegals crossing the Border were sent back last year.

Let me get out my calculator... let's see... that is... 300,000 more sent back than there would have been if there was an ACTUAL OPEN BORDER.
But a Million that stayed, illegally.
And they hardly meet Emma s definition.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 04:46:50 PM by Espnthree »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #34144 on: May 02, 2023, 06:05:25 PM »

More and more are doing serious thinking about the immigration issue as everyone else is hurting. Even sleepy Joe is having second thoughts.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #34145 on: May 02, 2023, 06:27:14 PM »

Let me get out my calculator... let's see... that is... 300,000 more sent back than there would have been if there was an ACTUAL OPEN BORDER.
But a Million that stayed, illegally.
An interesting assertion. I am sorry due process upsets you so.
Citation needed.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #34146 on: May 02, 2023, 06:59:09 PM »

It's the woke new world in which people in the West now live.
Mrs bambu, now 70+ says she's never felt so 'worthless'.
Yes, certain people are getting screwed bigtime.

The rich are fine, always are. (Best of luck to them). Rich people employ poor people, directly or indirectly.
The upper class, always do well....first class folk always get in the life boats when the 'Titanic' is sinking, and sail away to safety.

The middle class, fast disappearing, is a mixed-bag...some manage to get a spare seat in the life boats of  today's woke world, others don't.

The *lower class*, when the Titanic is sinking, are *locked below deck*, no life boats for them, it's 'sink or swim' for them.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 07:35:46 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #34147 on: May 02, 2023, 07:14:56 PM »

I am sorry you are upset at having to share the bounty of the world with others. Giving someone a seat at the table is not the same thing as denying it to you. You are not getting screwed. You are being asked to compete on equal footing at long, long, long overdue last. Suck it up and earn your place. There is no reason we should continue to gift it to you. Or me.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #34148 on: May 02, 2023, 07:56:05 PM »

I am sorry you are upset at having to share the bounty of the world with others. Giving someone a seat at the table is not the same thing as denying it to you. You are not getting screwed. You are being asked to compete on equal footing at long, long, long overdue last. Suck it up and earn your place. There is no reason we should continue to gift it to you. Or me.

Ah yes, equal footing, ...the "equality", "everyone is equal" myth we are being spun.
Everyone is not equal...equality is a myth.
I'm doing OK, have received many blessings.
Others, thru ill health, tragedy, family circumstances etc have not, and are suffering.
What my govt denies me, or the American govt denies my ilk, we can survive.
Those less fortunate cannot survive that denying, or only just survive, but suffer worse than before.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 12:26:04 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #34149 on: May 02, 2023, 10:42:04 PM »

Ah yes, equal footing, ...the "equality", "everyone is equal" myth we are being spun.
Everyone is not equal...equality is a myth.
I'm doing OK, have received many blessings.
Others, thru I'll health, tragedy, family circumstances etc have not, and are suffering.
What my govt denies me, or the American govt denies my ilk, we can survive.
Those less fortunate cannot survive that denying, or only just survive, but suffer worse than before.
It's so hard to be a man right now
Why is everyone trying to oppress me?
Can't we fix centuries of discrimination
Without things getting so messy?

It's so good to be a woman right now
We really have it all!
We got six percent of CEO jobs

[Oates]
That's up two percent from the eighties

[Garfunkel]
We make eighty cents on the dollar

[Oates]
Sure, I make a dollar on the dollar
But it still seems pretty scary

[Garfunkel]
We can finally come forward
And name our attackers with
Mixed reactions

[Oates]
But what if I didn't know I was attacking you?
I'm literally losing everything
It's so hard

[Garfunkel]
It's so easy

When the world is like it is
Sure, we all want change
But have you thought about this:
What's gonna happen to Chris?

Sure, we all want change

Sure, we all want change
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34150 on: May 02, 2023, 11:44:04 PM »

Citation needed.
Not if you graduated fifth grade.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34151 on: May 03, 2023, 01:49:25 AM »

Mrs Bambu would feel more useful if you all allowed a reasonable amount of immigration. As is your stagnant culture is quickly dying off spreading malaise. It might not be too late to turn things around down under if you immediately enact a more sensible border policy instead of sending away talent you just cannot grow at home.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34152 on: May 03, 2023, 02:40:59 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #34153 on: May 03, 2023, 10:25:07 AM »

Citation needed.
Perhaps. But if you made it past that, you would know that a blanket statement about 1,000,000 people needs evidence to support it, or else.it looks very much like you are making a bigoted assumption about a group of people based solely on presumptions based on ethnicity. Especially since by and large we are talking about asylum seekers, who are asserting that they are precisely the type of people Emma referenced.

So,.again, citation needed. I recognize your disinclination to provide evidence for your assertion. Especially since no such evidence exists.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34154 on: May 03, 2023, 11:04:35 AM »

Citation needed.
Perhaps. But if you made it past that, you would know that a blanket statement about 1,000,000 people needs evidence to support it, or else.it looks very much like you are making a bigoted assumption about a group of people based solely on presumptions based on ethnicity. Especially since by and large we are talking about asylum seekers, who are asserting that they are precisely the type of people Emma referenced.

So,.again, citation needed. I recognize your disinclination to provide evidence for your assertion. Especially since no such evidence exists.
You asked for a citation on Emma s poem.
You cannot be that naive.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 11:06:21 AM by Espnthree »
Pages: 1 ... 2275 2276 [2277] 2278 2279 ... 2929