Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2518 2519 [2520] 2521 2522 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761654 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #37785 on: November 15, 2023, 03:16:22 PM »

It should be a couple more weeks till Niki joins Tim Scott among the dropouts. Many of your fascist cohort remain with trump and will probably follow him right to the prison gates.

You would probably prefer it if we let you parade your dumbest possible flavor of racism around here without comment. Unfortunately you are a disease vector and the health of our society depends on good people keeping you marked and isolated until all the poison in you dissipates
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #37786 on: November 15, 2023, 03:38:28 PM »

I think Haley will stick with it, continuing to sell herself as the sane one.  Christie and Ramaswamp will drop out, due to extreme lack of interest from voters.  Burghum will do something but no one will notice.  DeSantis will fold after a couple primaries alert him to the reality that he has been too busy fighting culture war and not formulating actual policy goals.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37787 on: November 15, 2023, 03:44:28 PM »

Do you think it matters? The current trial will not result in a criminal conviction for Trump, and his base already does not care that he is a fraud. The first Criminal trial does not start until the day before Super Tuesday. If he is eventually convicted he will long past sewn up the delegates for the nomination. Given the rules of nominating conventions, I believe Trump would have to withdraw to release his delegates on the first ballot. What do you think the odds of that happening are? Beyond the zero?
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37788 on: November 15, 2023, 04:43:23 PM »

Trump getting locked up as the nominee will split the republicans into crime family and non crime family factions. Because all republicans are bastards, way more so than cops, they will fail to resolve this in any meaningful or impactful way before the election and deservedly get crushed for their gross dishonesty and dereliction of duty. The country will be much better off and will have a real chance of reversing some of the corrosive and poisonous effects that extreme concentration of wealth has on our culture.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #37789 on: November 15, 2023, 05:22:17 PM »

Trump is dead to me. Cult leaders are scary. Almost tore apart the democracy. I do like his stance on some of the issues but Nikki is more stable and sane.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #37790 on: November 15, 2023, 05:26:01 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #37792 on: November 15, 2023, 07:50:22 PM »

Do you think it matters? The current trial will not result in a criminal conviction for Trump, and his base already does not care that he is a fraud. The first Criminal trial does not start until the day before Super Tuesday. If he is eventually convicted he will long past sewn up the delegates for the nomination. Given the rules of nominating conventions, I believe Trump would have to withdraw to release his delegates on the first ballot. What do you think the odds of that happening are? Beyond the zero?

I have nothing but intuition that Trump won't make it.  Haley will emerge as the antiTrump, he will continue his now very obvious and rapid physical and mental deterioration, and words will emerge his piehole, in court and in the campaign, that even MAGA loyalists won't be able to ignore.  The convention will find some procedural method to gaffe him.  Haley will provide the clearest contrast, and we will end up with the terrifying prospect of a Haley v Biden match.  (well Luee won't be terrified, and will be applying motion lotion) 

My intuition is frequently wrong, and I hope it is because I want to watch a Biden v Trump debate. 
Im on the pavement

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #37793 on: November 15, 2023, 08:03:46 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LDlWwbC8GM

Badgering and insulting is not real questioning.  Not all questions have a simple yes or no answer.    Mayorkas was never allowed to answer in his own way, so we have no idea from this clip what those answers are.  When you, Luee, have been badgered like that here at Elba, you have complained bitterly about it. 
Im on the pavement

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #37794 on: November 15, 2023, 08:11:43 PM »

Zero to none.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #37795 on: November 15, 2023, 08:31:01 PM »

I have nothing but intuition that Trump won't make it.  Haley will emerge as the antiTrump, he will continue his now very obvious and rapid physical and mental deterioration, and words will emerge his piehole, in court and in the campaign, that even MAGA loyalists won't be able to ignore.  The convention will find some procedural method to gaffe him.  Haley will provide the clearest contrast, and we will end up with the terrifying prospect of a Haley v Biden match.  (well Luee won't be terrified, and will be applying motion lotion) 

My intuition is frequently wrong, and I hope it is because I want to watch a Biden v Trump debate.

Barring Trump dropping dead if he has not been rejected while under four criminal indictments, having the brand he fabricated on the Apprentice revealed as fraud, about to be fined up to $250 million which he does not have, he will be nominee.

Biden will beat him handily because a reliable bloc of Republican voters, WHITE women (not racial, Yankguy, just facts) want their bodies back.

That should resound up and down the ballot because the GOP cannot grasp the fact no one wants any of the policies they are selling.

Problem is the GOP has no fucks to give about winning elections. Lose at the ballot box? Fix it in the legislature.

The violent Jan. 6, 2021, attack on Congress, meant to prevent the certification of President Biden election, was the clearest manifestation of this movement, but it has continued since then. Hundreds of elected Republican officials around the country falsely claim that the 2020 election was rigged. Some of them are running for statewide offices that would oversee future elections, potentially putting them in position to overturn an election in 2024 or beyond.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/17/us/american-democracy-threats.html?unlocked_article_code=1.-0w.2rkF.Az22e1Du1caa&smid=url-share
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 09:03:19 PM by LarryB! »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #37796 on: November 15, 2023, 08:32:42 PM »

Trump is dead to me. Cult leaders are scary. Almost tore apart the democracy. I do like his stance on some of the issues but Nikki is more stable and sane.

Almost?

The danger is not yet  over.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37797 on: November 15, 2023, 08:56:07 PM »

Chip Roy takes to the floor to urge his republican colleagues in Congress to return their paychecks with sincere apologies to their constituents.

This fleeting moment of clarity will feature in many upcoming congressional campaigns.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #37798 on: November 15, 2023, 09:57:49 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LDlWwbC8GM

Badgering and insulting is not real questioning.  Not all questions have a simple yes or no answer.    Mayorkas was never allowed to answer in his own way, so we have no idea from this clip what those answers are.  When you, Luee, have been badgered like that here at Elba, you have complained bitterly about it.

I do not hold office I just found it tiresome and boring to get into trashy talk. Wasting so much time on trading racial slurs and insults, the magical ignore button is such a delight. Mayorkas is obligated to follow the lead of Biden. Mass migration is good for the country, there is no crisis at the border, yada, yada.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 2518 2519 [2520] 2521 2522 ... 2929