Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2808 2809 [2810] 2811 2812 ... 2906

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 734191 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42135 on: July 15, 2024, 05:15:18 PM »

GOP scuttlebutt says Trump will tab Ohio Senator  J D Vance for his Veep tonight as the Convention opens.

If elected the Vance Senate Seat would go to  Vivek Ramaswamy who ran the GOP Presidential  nomination this past year.

By the time you posted this scuttlebutt the annowas two hours old.
I did not claim exclusive knowledge.

You certainly implied you had inside information as if you are privy to scuttlebutt.

ROFLMAO
Scuttlebutt is not inside information.

scut le butt

nounINFORMAL

Gossip.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 05:18:15 PM by jmmengel »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42136 on: July 15, 2024, 05:36:47 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2024/07/15/how-ron-desantis-let-thousands-of-florida-kids-go-hungry-this-summer-2/

A future for the republican party and the children of America are clearly mutually exclusive at this point.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42137 on: July 15, 2024, 05:40:06 PM »

http://www.vox.com/politics/360283/jd-vance-trump-vp-vice-president-authoritarian

Fuck that guy and all the death he wishes on America.

Second that.  He is all in for Plan Nine From Outer Space, er I mean Project 2025.  And it is not a call for violence to say that he is like Trump an existential threat to democracy.
Did you forget to throw in racist, fascist and a wanna be Hitler, like AOC?
LOL!

That would all have been true statements.
The fact you are cheering for autocracy say much about your lack of patriotism
you are living in the last year of Biden Autocracy!
Plus your prices are up nearly 20 per cent and Biden struggles to get to 38 per cent in popularity.
How can you justify voting for that?

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42138 on: July 15, 2024, 05:51:15 PM »

Morning Joe went dark, afraid of letting the wrong thing be said that would be piling on after its vitriol and the assassination attempt.
Ditto for Joy Reid who covered her tweets while she sanitizes them.
A dual admission of guilt that the dems have gone too far with hate speech.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42139 on: July 15, 2024, 05:51:35 PM »

http://www.vox.com/politics/360283/jd-vance-trump-vp-vice-president-authoritarian

Fuck that guy and all the death he wishes on America.

Second that.  He is all in for Plan Nine From Outer Space, er I mean Project 2025.  And it is not a call for violence to say that he is like Trump an existential threat to democracy.
Did you forget to throw in racist, fascist and a wanna be Hitler, like AOC?
LOL!

That would all have been true statements.
The fact you are cheering for autocracy say much about your lack of patriotism
you are living in the last year of Biden Autocracy!
Plus your prices are up nearly 20 per cent and Biden struggles to get to 38 per cent in popularity.
How can you justify voting for that?

Biden does not rape children or retail shoppers. Nor does he sell state secrets or cause hundreds of thousands of Americans to end up in morgue trucks due to insanity and incompetence while destroying wealth and jobs.

Biden has so far preserved America despite republicans best efforts to destroy it and replace it with their death cult. For that alone he deserves four more years and will earn millions more votes than his opponents if we can prevent republicans from derailing the election in the bloody coup the are preparing to launch against the United States.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42140 on: July 15, 2024, 05:54:59 PM »

Morning Joe went dark, afraid of letting the wrong thing be said that would be piling on after its vitriol and the assassination attempt.
Ditto for Joy Reid who covered her tweets while she sanitizes them.
A dual admission of guilt that the dems have gone too far with hate speech.

You are pining for the day you will no longer need your butt plug because you will have a real fascist standing behind you, the man of your dreams.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42141 on: July 15, 2024, 06:14:46 PM »

GOP scuttlebutt says Trump will tab Ohio Senator  J D Vance for his Veep tonight as the Convention opens.

If elected the Vance Senate Seat would go to  Vivek Ramaswamy who ran the GOP Presidential  nomination this past year.

By the time you posted this scuttlebutt the annowas two hours old.
I did not claim exclusive knowledge.

You certainly implied you had inside information as if you are privy to scuttlebutt.

ROFLMAO
Scuttlebutt is not inside information.

scut le butt

nounINFORMAL

Gossip.

Spreading gossip after the fact, like trying to sell a tip after the race is over.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Deciding Factor
« Reply #42142 on: July 15, 2024, 06:38:47 PM »

Trump already has a noose in the neck size of JD Vance hanging around.

Cheap is as cheap does.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42143 on: July 15, 2024, 06:40:28 PM »

I should correct my statement that the appointment procedure for a special counsel goes back fifty years.  Turns out it goes back to the Grant administration, when a special counsel was appointed to investigate the Whiskey Ring scandal.  So, 150 years of precedent, not 50.  I am surprised our resident Constitutional scholar did not catch that!

In any case the statutory wording is quite clear - the Attorney General (shall) appoint officials...to detect and prosecute crimes against the United States [and] to conduct such other investigations regarding official matters under the control of the Department of Justice and the Department of State as may be directed by the Attorney General.

I feel there is a strong probability the 11th Circuit will reverse Cannons bizarre semantic hair splittings - the term officer was used instead of  official - and send the case on to a different judge.  So, note to self  America, do not let the proto fascist win.
War is Gods way of teaching Americans geography.
  - Ambrose Bierce

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42144 on: July 15, 2024, 06:42:08 PM »

Speaking of Whiskey Ring, where is Whiskeypriest?  Recent events do not seem like the sorts of things he would shrink from weighing in on.
  - Ambrose Bierce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42145 on: July 15, 2024, 06:55:47 PM »

I should correct my statement that the appointment procedure for a special counsel goes back fifty years.  Turns out it goes back to the Grant administration, when a special counsel was appointed to investigate the Whiskey Ring scandal.  So, 150 years of precedent, not 50.  I am surprised our resident Constitutional scholar did not catch that!

In any case the statutory wording is quite clear - the Attorney General (shall) appoint officials...to detect and prosecute crimes against the United States [and] to conduct such other investigations regarding official matters under the control of the Department of Justice and the Department of State as may be directed by the Attorney General.

I feel there is a strong probability the 11th Circuit will reverse Cannons bizarre semantic hair splittings - the term officer was used instead of  official - and send the case on to a different judge.  So, note to self  America, do not let the proto fascist win.

The appeal to the 11th circuit has already been filed. Smith and his team may agree with your argument

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42146 on: July 15, 2024, 07:12:17 PM »

It took 158 years to overturn separate but equal.

I feel there is a strong probability the 11th Circuit will reverse Cannons bizarre semantic hair splittings - the term officer was used instead of  official - and send the case on to a different judge.
Highly unlikely given the public opinions of Thomas and Kavanaugh supporting Justice Cannon.SCOTUS will have the final say long after the election which renders the case, today, DOA.

Which prompts the question of the day,

What is the Mendoza Line for successful LAWFARE meddling by Biden?
ROFL!

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42147 on: July 15, 2024, 07:24:00 PM »

People talking about the photo of Trump, the fist and the American flag. The iconic photo I think of when Trump claims to Make America Great Again.

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42148 on: July 15, 2024, 07:49:57 PM »

58 years.  And Plessy was overturned by SCOTUS, on the strongest of constitutional grounds.  Not remotely comparable to the weird hair-splitting of some District Court lackey Trump himself appointed.  The hubris of a lower court judge overturning the SC is breathtaking and you know it.  This is exactly the kind of partisan crap that you yourself have acknowledged can erode confidence in the legitimacy and independence of the judiciary.  If Biden had somehow gotten a lower court judge to override the SC on his own behalf, you would be howling like a banshee.

- Ambrose Bierce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42149 on: July 15, 2024, 08:40:28 PM »

58 years.  And Plessy was overturned by SCOTUS, on the strongest of constitutional grounds.  Not remotely comparable to the weird hair-splitting of some District Court lackey Trump himself appointed.  The hubris of a lower court judge overturning the SC is breathtaking and you know it.  This is exactly the kind of partisan crap that you yourself have acknowledged can erode confidence in the legitimacy and independence of the judiciary.  If Biden had somehow gotten a lower court judge to override the SC on his own behalf, you would be howling like a banshee.
ROFL!
The Constitution is what it is.Justice Cannon and her interpretation of the Appointsment Clause overturns no SCOTUs ruling on record.
You can deal with it however you want.
The bottom line is the case is now DOA.
Pages: 1 ... 2808 2809 [2810] 2811 2812 ... 2906