Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2854 2855 [2856] 2857 2858 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 740758 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42825 on: August 06, 2024, 05:09:41 PM »

RedDick will be giving us his reaction to the selection of Walz right after they tell him what it should be.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42826 on: August 06, 2024, 05:11:32 PM »

Im not sold on JDVance yet as a long term asset to the GOP and his fledgling Veep candidacy certainly has been up and down.

But I wonder if Harris and her head scratching vetting of VP choices may fall flat, politically.
It seems an awful mistake to have one she passed over be labeled as TOO JEWISH.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42827 on: August 06, 2024, 05:15:24 PM »

Labeled by who?  Citation please, counselor.

As for Vance

Sofa, so good.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42828 on: August 06, 2024, 05:34:58 PM »

Damn. I had "fake midwesterner" in the pool. That the Presidential candidate is married to a Jew made me discount the "Dems are antisemitic" option. Of course, our second gentleman is a "crappy Jew", so...
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42829 on: August 06, 2024, 05:43:39 PM »

Im not sold on JDVance yet as a long term asset to the GOP and his fledgling Veep candidacy certainly has been up and down.
I am not sold on the iceberg as a long term asset to the Titanic.

- Edward Smith. 4/14/1912, 11:45 p.m.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42830 on: August 06, 2024, 05:48:37 PM »

Guess you do not  read much.

POLITICO PASSOVER: Pennsylvania Democratic Gov. Josh Shapiro made it to the final round of the Democratic Party veepstakes, only to lose the abbreviated contest to his Minnesota counterpart, Tim Walz, this morning.

Shapiro would have brought a high approval rating in a pivotal swing state to Kamala Harris. ticket, but he was not without controversy
Pro-Palestinian progressives raised concerns about his staunch defense on Israel as its war with Hamas continues.

They are celebrating Harris pick today, while Shapiro Democratic defenders are aligned with Republicans in criticizing it and raising the specter he was rejected because he is an observant Jew.

As Jewish Democrats, it is tough to wrap our heads around the idea that everyone thought Shapiro was the strongest pick and he lost out, David Greenfield, who leads the nonprofit Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty, told Playbook.

There was an unprecedented campaign against him by the far left, including many who are not even Democrats, to smear him because he is an observant Jew. It is on Harris   Walz to make it clear that was not the case,  added Greenfield, a Democratic player in New York

Manhattan Borough President Mark Levine, another Democrat, offered similar frustrations about Shapiro treatment while applauding the Walz pick.

The daggers came out for him, in a way that I think is incredibly unfair, and that is explainable only by his Jewish identity Levine said. His  positions on Israel are not meaningfully different from any of the other major contenders, including Governor Walz The attacks on Governor Shapiro I found to be profoundly unfair, and I think if he were not a Jewish elected official, he would not have been such a target.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 06:04:31 PM by jmmengel »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42831 on: August 06, 2024, 06:48:29 PM »

As for Vance

Sofa, so good.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42832 on: August 06, 2024, 06:54:22 PM »

POLITICO PASSOVER: Pennsylvania Democratic Gov. Josh Shapiro made it to the final round of the Democratic Party veepstakes, only to lose the abbreviated contest to his Minnesota counterpart, Tim Walz, this morning.

Shapiro would have brought a high approval rating in a pivotal swing state to Kamala Harris. ticket, but he was not without controversy
Pro-Palestinian progressives raised concerns about his staunch defense on Israel as its war with Hamas continues.

They are celebrating Harris pick today, while Shapiro Democratic defenders are aligned with Republicans in criticizing it and raising the specter he was rejected because he is an observant Jew.

As Jewish Democrats, it is tough to wrap our heads around the idea that everyone thought Shapiro was the strongest pick and he lost out, David Greenfield, who leads the nonprofit Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty, told Playbook.

There was an unprecedented campaign against him by the far left, including many who are not even Democrats, to smear him because he is an observant Jew. It is on Harris   Walz to make it clear that was not the case,  added Greenfield, a Democratic player in New York

Manhattan Borough President Mark Levine, another Democrat, offered similar frustrations about Shapiro treatment while applauding the Walz pick.

The daggers came out for him, in a way that I think is incredibly unfair, and that is explainable only by his Jewish identity Levine said. His  positions on Israel are not meaningfully different from any of the other major contenders, including Governor Walz The attacks on Governor Shapiro I found to be profoundly unfair, and I think if he were not a Jewish elected official, he would not have been such a target.

Tim Walz brought down the HOUSE!

Gave a challenge to Vance IF He CAN GET OFF THE COUCH!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42833 on: August 06, 2024, 06:57:10 PM »

Walz has a much better position than Shapiro on school vouchers. Also the ticket needed a soldier, teacher, and coach more than a lawyer. Walz has a strong LG in place to continue the work when he moves up.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42834 on: August 06, 2024, 06:59:05 PM »

Walz has a much better position than Shapiro on school vouchers. Also the ticket needed a soldier, teacher, and coach more than a lawyer. Walz has a strong LG in place to continue the work when he moves up.

Exactly!

I think this ticket will expand and excite the electorate.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42835 on: August 06, 2024, 09:11:13 PM »

POLITICO PASSOVER...

More a text dump, than you citing any reasoned case.   Enjoy pretending you have some porthole to peer into the inner workings of the Harris campaign. 

They didn't pick Kelly, either.  Are you going to also tell us next about anti spaceman Leftists who raised concerns Kelly would be too supportive of Martian territorial grabs?

Facility had a good analysis of why Walz was just the best option.

And I've spent time in Walzs childhood places, Valentine and Chadron Nebraska - those are places that make him uniquely suited to talk to Main Street. 

Im on the pavement

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42836 on: August 06, 2024, 09:15:54 PM »

I am not sold on the iceberg as a long term asset to the Titanic.

Im on the pavement

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42837 on: August 06, 2024, 10:00:53 PM »

Texas is gonna be busy killing human beings in chambers of death for the rest of the year.
One today, one tomorrow etc.
I don't like Texas.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42838 on: August 06, 2024, 10:17:33 PM »

POLITICO PASSOVER...

More a text dump, than you citing any reasoned case. 
[/]quote]
Thanks for cofirming
I quote facts from democrats. I don

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42839 on: August 06, 2024, 11:20:00 PM »

Republicans are getting louder and louder in their moaning about trump constantly shitting the bed. On the other hand, they feel better about it than about what JD has been doing to the couch.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 2854 2855 [2856] 2857 2858 ... 2917