Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 201532 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9315 on: June 27, 2024, 05:55:44 PM »

Constitutional issues

What were the constitutional issues in Snyder?  They were interpreting a statute in US Code 18, but with reference to what part of the Constitution?
Article Two

Article II?  Presidential powers?  Sorry, I don't see the connection to Snyder v US.  It is comforting to have a constitutional scholar who can explain that for us!
Article One, my typo.
But I suspect you did not need me to tell you.
Well, maybe you did.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: June 27, 2024, 05:58:50 PM »

Constitutional issues

What were the constitutional issues in Snyder?  They were interpreting a statute in US Code 18, but with reference to what part of the Constitution?
Article One

Article II?  Presidential powers?  Sorry, I don't see the connection to Snyder v US.  It is comforting to have a constitutional scholar who can explain that for us!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: June 27, 2024, 06:19:17 PM »

Constitutional issues

Article Two

Article One, my typo.
Well, maybe you did.
That Constitutional provision is not relevant to a question of statutory interpretation either.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: June 27, 2024, 06:20:00 PM »

« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 06:46:01 PM by Hairy Lime »
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: June 27, 2024, 06:58:24 PM »

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: June 27, 2024, 07:03:39 PM »

Constitutional issues

Article Two

Article One, my typo.
Well, maybe you did.

Hard to imagine a typo where I would hit the letters t, w, o instead of o, n, e.  I think you meant mistake, rather than typo, but I haven't seen you admit mistakes, so I guess it has to be a mere slip of the fingers. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: June 27, 2024, 07:09:36 PM »

I am looking forward to further developments of the GOP Mentaculus, which will provide a probability map of the universe in which Trump wins, ends inflation, brings peace in Ukraine and the Middle East, disproves anthropogenic global warming and solves our nation's immigration problems. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: June 27, 2024, 07:34:33 PM »

So, you're a Maga guy.  Doesn't it feel good to admit it?
I am a MAGA guy? You are delusional.
Of course you are. Every post of yours screams it.
Ah.  Screams so loud you can not find one.
No fish for you!
still looking?
Nope. Not playing your game. No fish for you!
I do not have a game.
You don't have game, for sure. Or formatting skills.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: June 27, 2024, 07:55:24 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: June 28, 2024, 12:28:47 AM »

Boo boo.

That is what you get for bumping your soft shit filled head against objective reality. No wonder it scares you so much.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: June 28, 2024, 02:58:58 PM »

Constitutional issues

Article Two

Article One, my typo.
Well, maybe you did.
That Constitutional provision is not relevant to a question of statutory interpretation either.
Of course it is.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: June 28, 2024, 03:52:14 PM »

Constitutional issues

Article Two

Article One, my typo.
Well, maybe you did.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: June 28, 2024, 04:10:00 PM »

Constitutional issues

Article Two

Article One, my typo.
Well, maybe you did.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
Of course it is.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: June 28, 2024, 04:40:14 PM »

Constitutional issues

Article Two

Article One, my typo.
Well, maybe you did.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624