Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Television  (Read 22929 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Television
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2022, 05:49:51 PM »

The Swedish limited series, Anxious People, is comedy that I believe fans of the Coen Brothers will find to their taste. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2022, 01:48:23 PM »

Ozark.

It is simply the best show on television, bar none.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2022, 05:37:39 PM »

Season four is outstanding, even if it requires some stretches of belief.   Watching episode 7 tonight.  Hope they don't wait too long to stream the second half of the season.   Wondering if Ruth can somehow get away from there.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2022, 10:05:58 AM »

Resident Alien is hilarious, well done comedy in the Fish out of Water genre.  Alan Tudyk is wondrous weird and funny. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2022, 04:45:59 PM »

Season four is outstanding, even if it requires some stretches of belief.   Watching episode 7 tonight.  Hope they don't wait too long to stream the second half of the season.   Wondering if Ruth can somehow get away from there.

OMG!

Ruth! What will she do now?

Navarro, "I would never go after your children, Wendy."  Hard to believe that one. He would at least let her think that he would.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2022, 07:19:15 PM »

We're really down the rabbit hole, what with the insane deals the FBI is making, Javi going full Darlene on Darlene and Wyatt, Ruth unleashed as a Force of Nature (no idea what she's going to do but this is about kinfolk so I expect something drastic), and then the question mark the season opens with where the Byrdes roll over on the highway.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2022, 07:38:13 PM »

We're really down the rabbit hole, what with the insane deals the FBI is making, Javi going full Darlene on Darlene and Wyatt, Ruth unleashed as a Force of Nature (no idea what she's going to do but this is about kinfolk so I expect something drastic), and then the question mark the season opens with where the Byrdes roll over on the highway.

I think the beginning of this season is how it ends.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2022, 10:56:07 PM »

Only if they want to be ruthless...
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Holly Martins

« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2022, 04:22:09 PM »

Decided to go that direction, eh?  Then I should point out the central characters are the Byrde family, and we now wonder if they'll fly the coop.  We await with Bateman-d breath for the second half. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2022, 05:25:46 PM »

Decided to go that direction, eh?  Then I should point out the central characters are the Byrde family, and we now wonder if they'll fly the coop.  We await with Bateman-d breath for the second half.
You think the FBI will flip the Byrdes?
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2022, 10:01:19 AM »

I feel Wendy has to perish in some way.  Like Darlene, she requires some karmic settlement.  Maybe the kids survive, there is some hope for them.  I could see some sort of deathbed reconcilement between Jonah and Wendy, so that he can maybe finish growing up.   Otherwise, Jonah will stay trapped (cough) in the belly of the beast that is Ozark. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2022, 11:36:23 AM »

Wendy is as much a sociopath as Javi.
So, yeah, she needs to meet a dark fate. I think we are going to learn more about Wendy and Marty's marriage, from Marty's POV, prior to their Ozark odyssey. They hinted at it. Knowing more about their relationship would help flesh out the narrative's conclusion.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2022, 01:25:57 PM »

Showtime's "We Need to Talk About Bill Cosby" is a 4-part series that explores Cosby in surprisingly varied ways, and ultimately comes to what I call the correct conclusions regarding his legacy.

Worth your time.

Even for racists like Little Stevie in AZ.

Holly Martins

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2022, 09:42:35 AM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2022, 06:34:51 PM »

Even if you dont like hoops the HBO show on the LA Lakers of the 70s/8s+ is great viewing.  Very well acted. John C Reilly as Dr Jerry Buss - and good to see Gabby Hoffman again.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17