Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611414 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #12450 on: April 10, 2019, 12:55:29 PM »

Different discussions altogether

But posture away, Dynamic Dem.

barton

« Reply #12451 on: April 10, 2019, 01:23:19 PM »

Get some facts, Regressive Rep...

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/fact-check-gov-northam-was-caught-advocating-infanticide-n967626

Hope that helps.  Severe deformities tend to be lethal, which is why a decision on intervention is made, between physicians and the parents.  To spare suffering. You still prefer dismissing a real point of discussion in favor of insults.  And zero empathy.

barton

« Reply #12452 on: April 10, 2019, 01:28:57 PM »

ALSO - FOR THE 500th TIME:

I
AM
AN
INDEPENDENT.

I have voted for 4 different parties in local, state, and national elections.  I look at policy positions on their merits, and vote on that basis. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: April 10, 2019, 01:29:17 PM »

Badly deformed.  Maybe read more slowly, Fink.

I did.  It's you who didn't comprehend my reply or bother to address my specific points on compassionate non-intervention.   If you ever want to grapple with the complex issues of medical decisions, regarding severe deformity and quality of life, I will be happy to have an adult discussion.  Or why Republicans only care about life when it's prenatal, but after that stage....the health and safety and access to decent housing and education and clean water for a child is of little concern to them.   IOW, if you're not conscious, the GOP is there for you.

Terry Schiavo is smiling.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: April 10, 2019, 01:58:22 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/fact-check-gov-northam-was-caught-advocating-infanticide-n967626

Hope that helps.  Severe deformities tend to be lethal, which is why a decision on intervention is made, between physicians and the parents.  To spare suffering. You still prefer dismissing a real point of discussion in favor of insults.  And zero empathy.

and YOU still wish to deny that Dems want parents to be able to end the life of an imperfect child, even AFTER birth.

Prior to 20 weeks we already know about the number that are discarded because of perceived hardships of child and/or parent.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: April 10, 2019, 03:02:10 PM »

and YOU still wish to deny that Dems want parents to be able to end the life of an imperfect child, even AFTER birth.

How long should a person be mandated to be kept on life support? The governor is describing circumstances where, at the request of the parents, a baby is delivered unable to self sustain and certain to extremely likely never to develop sustainablity. The parents get time to consider whether to support what outcomes are possible or to pull the plug. You seem to be arguing there are no circumstances to ever pull the plug on someone in a non-recoverable vegetative state. Is that your position?

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: April 10, 2019, 03:02:55 PM »

This from you?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: April 10, 2019, 03:16:18 PM »

Bill Barr needs to be deported from the DOJ. He needs to be dis-Barr-ed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #12458 on: April 10, 2019, 03:39:40 PM »

Prior to 20 weeks we already know about the number that are discarded because of perceived hardships of child and/or parent.

Never denied Dems have a variety of positions on such decisions.  That you think they are a solid homogeneous block on the matter says a lot about you and your openness to real chat.  Some do favor euthanasia, some don't.  Those who do have various criteria of suffering and quality-of- life determinants.  Good luck with your research on bioethics.  If you have evidence of widespread advocacy of active killing of healthy viable infants, please present it, it's something we all should know about.  If you have evidence that euthanasia of, say, anencephalic fetuses, is not compassionate, then present that.

These topics take scrupulous attention to detailed facts and real-life events.  Bumper stickers and teeshirts won't cut it. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: April 10, 2019, 04:04:15 PM »

You mean 240 characters won't cut it?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: April 10, 2019, 06:23:23 PM »

ATTORNEY GENERAL BILL BARR: As I said in my confirmation hearing, I am going to be reviewing both the genesis and the conduct of intelligence activities directed at the Trump campaign during 2016. And a lot of this has already been investigated, and a substantial portion of it has been investigated and is being investigated by the office of the Inspector General, but one of the things I want to do is pull everything together from the various investigations that have gone on, including on the Hill and in the [Justice] Department, and see if there are any remaining questions to be addressed.

SEN. JEANNE SHAHEEN: And can you share with us why you feel a need to do that?

BARR: Well, you know, for the same reason we're worried about foreign influence in elections, we want to make sure that during elections -- I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal. It's a big deal.

If Barr follows through he will be the most aggressive AG since Bobby Kennedy.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12461 on: April 10, 2019, 07:27:32 PM »

The better political parallel is Alger Hiss, but carry on.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: April 10, 2019, 10:30:09 PM »

ALSO - FOR THE 500th TIME:

I
AM
AN
INDEPENDENT.

I have voted for 4 different parties in local, state, and national elections.  I look at policy positions on their merits, and vote on that basis.

As do I.
Though, I can never find anything on the Left/Greens platform to vote for. ["A vote for the Greens is a vote for Labor"].

My Left is much further Left/Far Left than your Left.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:31:55 PM by arafura »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: April 10, 2019, 10:45:46 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: April 11, 2019, 12:04:48 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 4288