Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2005193 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #12871 on: April 21, 2019, 01:22:56 PM »

Here you go, Bambi - have at it:

http://forums.escapefromelba.com/index.php?topic=70.0 --> Australia and Oceania, a new topic.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12872 on: April 21, 2019, 01:38:22 PM »

https://twitter.com/madisongesiotto/status/1119963037799198720

To spare folks from clicking on the twit:
We must stand against the hatred, violence and terrorism we saw this Easter. This will NOT be the future of our nation or our world for Catholics and Christians.

a) She seems to think that Catholics are not Christian.

b) Where was her passion when the three black churches in Louisiana were set on fire? Not a mention. Fires at churches in France got her attention, but not those.

c) Of course, we know what Madison is really selling:

She knows what her biggest asset is, which is why she arranged to have a picture from that angle of her taking a picture.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12873 on: April 21, 2019, 01:57:51 PM »

https://twitter.com/madisongesiotto/status/1119958007587192834

"Catholics and Christians" is a repeating motif in her writing. Further, she talks about the attack on the faith and asks "Why is nobody talking about Sri Lanka?"

It was 6:36am.

Why is nobody talking about it?
https://www.google.com/search?q=sri+lanka+bombing+easter&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS804US805&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjeuZiB3uHhAhUnn-AKHe6OCj8Q_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=625

Why is nobody talking about it?

Feedback in response to that post started at 3am and continues - updates to the number of dead and other responses.

But... why doesn't Madison mention that "Four hotels in Colombo were also attacked: the Shangri-La, the Cinnamon Grand, the Tropical Inn and the Kingsbury. There was another explosion at a housing complex in Dematagoda." It was not only churches that were attacked.

And part of why "nobody" was talking about it was that "Sri Lanka blocks social media after deadly Easter explosions."

In other words, rabble rousing falsely in the name of religious war.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12874 on: April 21, 2019, 02:58:02 PM »

Meanwhile, that great American patriot, Rudy Giuliani says "There's nothing wrong with taking information from the Russians," with regard to the campaign.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/21/politics/rudy-giuliani-trump-russia-cnntv/index.html

And he also claims that the Mueller investigation was "unfair" to Trump.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/21/politics/rudy-giuliani-mueller-weissmann-cnntv/index.html

The world's smallest violin, plays the world's saddest song for Rudy.

And just imagine the reaction to former Sec'y Clinton's having said that!

Giuliani accuses Romney of being a hypocrite and I have to howl with laughter.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12875 on: April 21, 2019, 03:06:03 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/business/climate-change-chatterjee-coal-renewable-energy/index.html

Trump-appointed energy official: Climate change is real and we must lower carbon emissions

"I believe climate change is real. I believe man has an impact," Chatterjee, chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, said at a conference in New York. "And I believe that we need to take steps to mitigate emissions urgently."

Chatterjee noted that he is a Republican from Kentucky who worked for Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and was appointed to FERC in May 2017 by Trump. FERC is an independent agency that is run by bipartisan commissioners.

Speaking at the Columbia Global Energy Summit, Chatterjee applauded the rising popularity of cleaner energy such as natural gas as well as wind and solar.

"We've been encouraged and excited to see the increased deployment of renewables," Chatterjee told reporters.
In early 2018, FERC unanimously rejected the Trump administration's rescue plan for the crumbling coal industry. Chatterjee joined four other FERC commissioners in dismissing Energy Secretary Rick Perry's proposal to subsidize power plants like coal and nuclear that maintain a 90-day supply of fuel on site.

oilcan

« Reply #12876 on: April 21, 2019, 03:36:11 PM »

Some days, ignorance doesn't win.  Glad to see FERC rejecting the bullshit promulgated by a dying industry.

Meanwhile, water continues to be wet and vigilantes remain idiots....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-militia/fbi-arrests-leader-of-u-s-patriots-stopping-migrants-at-border-idUSKCN1RW0O5

oilcan

« Reply #12877 on: April 21, 2019, 03:37:52 PM »

How about these Australian motherfuckers?

Julián Assange and Rupert Murdoch

Rupert Murdoch is American.

Yeah, he was born on 127th Street in NYC, right?

Nah, he’s a naturalized citizen since 1985...
Can we build.some kind of structure to keep out people from shithole countries like Australia?

Just hang books around crossing points - it's like garlic to vampires. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12878 on: April 21, 2019, 04:58:56 PM »

Meanwhile, that great American patriot, Rudy Giuliani says "There's nothing wrong with taking information from the Russians," with regard to the campaign.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/21/politics/rudy-giuliani-trump-russia-cnntv/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/21/politics/rudy-giuliani-mueller-weissmann-cnntv/index.html

Rudy did well with Wallace today, I thought.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12879 on: April 21, 2019, 05:26:52 PM »

Rudy did well with Wallace today, I thought.

I would have bet $100 that you did.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12880 on: April 21, 2019, 05:41:49 PM »

And today...the Spanish-speaking thugs are still doing it, in Texas.
Another perfect reason why the border must be sealed...tight
Trump knows the border must be sealed. 'airtight'/'watertight'.

No holes in their ankles?

No effort to hang them?

Stick your head into your own country's problems.

YOUR rape problem, for example.

Or perhaps YOUR child "marriage" problem, with children as young as 6 being forced into marriages.
http://www.naclc.org.au/cb_pages/files/Session%2033_2%20Ahram%20Choi.pdf

We have a rape problem. It is bigger among our citizens than among our non-citizens. It is bigger among citizens born here than among either immigrants or undocumented residents.

Your country has ample problems of its own. We don't need or want your bullshit.

Why don't you want a wall built to keep the non-citizen thugs out?
There must be some reason

There is.

I have told it to you repeatedly.

You don't listen to anybody but the voices in your own head and your #1 radio host.

But sure, I'm a glutton for punishment, so let's try this again, but with a different tack.

You ever heard somebody say to a woman who was sexually assaulted that she should not have dressed that way?

This ostensibly wise piece of advice translates to "you should have had him rape somebody else, instead of you!"

If these thugs you are talking about were miraculously prevented from coming through your impervious wall, are you under the impression that therefore they will say, "Shit! I can't rape anybody in America, so I guess I will become a model citizen, now?"

If not, then all we would be doing is changing who is getting raped. Or murdered. Or stolen from.

This is not making the world a better place.

All of that is on top of the fact that the Trumpian wall won't prevent drugs, won't prevent thugs, and won't prevent undocumented workers and will cause our country far more harm than do it good.

Now I understand.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12881 on: April 21, 2019, 06:23:28 PM »

And today...the Spanish-speaking thugs are still doing it, in Texas.
Another perfect reason why the border must be sealed...tight
Trump knows the border must be sealed. 'airtight'/'watertight'.

No holes in their ankles?

No effort to hang them?

Stick your head into your own country's problems.

YOUR rape problem, for example.

Or perhaps YOUR child "marriage" problem, with children as young as 6 being forced into marriages.
http://www.naclc.org.au/cb_pages/files/Session%2033_2%20Ahram%20Choi.pdf

We have a rape problem. It is bigger among our citizens than among our non-citizens. It is bigger among citizens born here than among either immigrants or undocumented residents.

Your country has ample problems of its own. We don't need or want your bullshit.

Why don't you want a wall built to keep the non-citizen thugs out?
There must be some reason

There is.

I have told it to you repeatedly.

You don't listen to anybody but the voices in your own head and your #1 radio host.

But sure, I'm a glutton for punishment, so let's try this again, but with a different tack.

You ever heard somebody say to a woman who was sexually assaulted that she should not have dressed that way?

This ostensibly wise piece of advice translates to "you should have had him rape somebody else, instead of you!"

If these thugs you are talking about were miraculously prevented from coming through your impervious wall, are you under the impression that therefore they will say, "Shit! I can't rape anybody in America, so I guess I will become a model citizen, now?"

If not, then all we would be doing is changing who is getting raped. Or murdered. Or stolen from.

This is not making the world a better place.

All of that is on top of the fact that the Trumpian wall won't prevent drugs, won't prevent thugs, and won't prevent undocumented workers and will cause our country far more harm than do it good.

Now I understand.

Okay. Thank you for letting us know.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12882 on: April 21, 2019, 07:52:38 PM »

Regarding impeachment,

Of course Incontinent donnie should be tried and exposed, even right up to the election. The important thing to consider is that the clearly damning contents of the Mueller report aren’t in the 5 worst crimes committed by this administration. Bribery, fraud, and influence peddling to a scope never before attempted, including selling foreign policy and whole executive departments to the highest bidder will be the core of the prospect. It’s playing into the kleptocrat’s hands to talk about what to do with him before exposing a ton more of what he has done and who he has done it with.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12883 on: April 21, 2019, 08:13:43 PM »

What he has done and who he has done it with.

http://www.emptywheel.net/2019/04/21/putins-ghost-the-counterintelligence-calculus-not-included-in-the-obstruction-analysis/

A coverup melting faster than the polar ice shelves.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 4288