Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605680 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16140 on: July 03, 2019, 01:46:12 PM »

News Item

The Dow industrials gained more than 150 points to set a record Wednesday before Thursday’s Independence Day holiday. The index surpassed its Oct. 3 milestone soon after the opening bell and became the last of the major U.S. benchmarks to hit a record this year.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-trade/u-s-trade-deficit-surges-to-five-month-high-as-imports-soar-idUSKCN1TY1PR?fbclid=IwAR0NIAAk8D7NkJyBl3CBAXqOJjryt6mGvuV05vi1te4lCW2LtdwzVCObmE8

Tax cheats can get a bit giddy about the Dow.

Investors are concerned about the inverted yield curve.

I think being a swindler is why one of our posters always talks out of his ass about business and the economy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16141 on: July 03, 2019, 02:00:24 PM »

Observation from today’s Wall Street Journal editorial page:

If the President wins re-election, perhaps he should write a thank-you note to Colin Kaepernick and Nike. 

No one will give two shits in a week except for the professional right wing rage machine which is all in on Trump anyway.
The other great line from the same editorial was

Nike folded faster than the New York Giant offensive line.

You should read the WSJ article about what actually happened. They did not fold. Kaepernick told them about the secondary meaning that flag had acquired. Nike, informed of the issue, decided to withdraw the shoes from the market. No demand, no pressure, no fold. When they rereleased the shoe.with a different flag design, I am.sure you will make sure we know about it.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16142 on: July 03, 2019, 02:03:35 PM »

Yep. You cannot base immigration enforcement on treating them as criminals and then ignore the implications.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16143 on: July 03, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »

If the President wins re-election, perhaps he should write a thank-you note to Colin Kaepernick and Nike. 

No one will give two shits in a week except for the professional right wing rage machine which is all in on Trump anyway.

You should read the WSJ article about what actually happened. They did not fold. Kaepernick told them about the secondary meaning that flag had acquired. Nike, informed of the issue, decided to withdraw the shoes from the market. No demand, no pressure, no fold.

LOL!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16144 on: July 03, 2019, 04:01:12 PM »

You should read the WSJ article about what actually happened. They did not fold. Kaepernick told them about the secondary meaning that flag had acquired. Nike, informed of the issue, decided to withdraw the shoes from the market. No demand, no pressure, no fold.

LOL!
I find it very telling that people like you direct their disdain to the likes of.Colin Kaepernick for pointing out that the flag symbol had been usurped by white nationalists but are perfectly fine with the white nationalists desecrating the flag to begin with.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16145 on: July 03, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »

LOL!
I find it very telling that people like you direct their disdain to the likes of.Colin Kaepernick for pointing out that the flag symbol had been usurped by white nationalists but are perfectly fine with the white nationalists desecrating the flag to begin with.
Telling of what?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16146 on: July 03, 2019, 04:20:30 PM »

LOL!
Telling of what?

Telling of your politics, telling of your faux-outrage, telling of your personality.

Glad to help you with your inability to parse perfectly clear English.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16147 on: July 03, 2019, 04:22:45 PM »

The people of Hong Kong worked to help companies to take advantage of slave labor in China, now it is time to pay the piper. The people of Hong Kong should have been marching to protect the people of China, instead of making money off of promoting slave labor and poor human rights in China. I wish the best for all people, including for the people of Hong Kong and of China, but the people of Hong Kong brought it on themselves.

By fighting for good human rights for all people, then you protect your own human rights. If you profit off of the slavery of another, then it is hard when you look for help when you want to protect your own human rights. And for instance, the people of Hong Kong could have been marching when the guy stood in front of the tank in Tiananmen Square. There were many things that the people of Hong Kong could have done to fight for freedom in China.

I respect Taiwan. Taiwan has managed to stay free. Hong Kong could learn a lot from Taiwan.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:24:54 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16148 on: July 03, 2019, 04:22:50 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/02/straight-pride-organizers-suspicious-envelopes-glitter?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3oG7Hqhd0h9NocEG0kHQv0q8SegrEQLMYcDb0DumaRy8YuPpUbUsfNMiI#Echobox=1562141455

The organizers of the Straight Pride gathering received suspicious envelopes.

Police have determined what was in them.

None of the organizers has suffered any ailments as a result of the envelopes.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16149 on: July 03, 2019, 04:42:09 PM »

LOL!
Telling of what?

Telling of your politics, telling of your faux-outrage, telling of your personality.
  Outrage? I posted the comments of others.
But if we are going to link our flag design to white supremacy why not just do away with 4th of July celebrations. After all the country was full of white supremacists back then.
And why pick on Betsy Ross’s original design? The 50 star flag was adopted under Eisenhower at the peak of the Jim  Crow era well before school desegregation and civil rights legislation.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:43:43 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

barton

« Reply #16150 on: July 03, 2019, 05:12:25 PM »

What on God's green earth are you blathering about?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16151 on: July 03, 2019, 05:14:40 PM »

White supremacy is the only part of the American experience he feels any tie to. Its all that resonates with him.

Probably because he never pays what he owes in taxes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16152 on: July 03, 2019, 05:23:03 PM »

What on God's green earth are you blathering about?
I can repeat it for you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16153 on: July 03, 2019, 05:26:11 PM »

Outrage? I posted the comments of others.
ABut if we are going to link our flag design to white supremacy why not just do away with 4th of July celebrations. After all the country was full of white supremacists back then.
BAnd why pick on Betsy Ross’s original design? The 50 star flag was adopted under Eisenhower at the peak of the Jim  Crow era well before school desegregation and civil rights legislation.

A:

B: https://www.newsweek.com/betsy-ross-flag-meaning-history-racist-1447174

C: Yorur history is broken, Ward. The 49 and 50 star flags came after the first wave of school desegregation. But, regardless, it is not being used by white supremacists now in the way that the Betsy Ross flag is, so it hasn't got that secondary meaning.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 4288