Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584993 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16860 on: July 17, 2019, 05:04:13 PM »

Rep. Mike Kelly of Australia.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16861 on: July 17, 2019, 07:33:58 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/mike-kelly-trump-tweets-person-of-color/index.html

White GOP congressman says he isn't offended by racist Trump tweets because 'I'm a person of color'

"You know, they talk about people of color. I'm a person of color. I'm white. I'm an Anglo Saxon. People say things all the time, but I don't get offended," Rep. Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania told Vice News.
As a wise man once noted, you know they hate you when they don't even let you have your slogans. Or in this case, identity.

But then, Conservative whites have been playing identity politics and throwing down the race card for centuries. We just dont realize it for what it is because white is the default "normal" in society.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

oilcan

« Reply #16863 on: July 17, 2019, 07:42:43 PM »

I'm a person of color. I'm white.   

This is something you might expect from a ten year old kid in some rural cracker enclave.   Beyond stupid.   

Garner case is a travesty from start to finish.   There will be no peace in this country without justice.   And Barr is the enemy of justice, a corrupt festering shit-stained pustule on the anus of government.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16864 on: July 17, 2019, 07:53:48 PM »

I suspect that John Boehner is chuckling today at the disarray in the US House as Nancy Pelosi struggles to keep her fragmented majority from destroying each other.

GOPers just don’t care.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/republicans-admit-everything-they-said-about-obama-was-a-lie.html

Thanks for the link.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16865 on: July 17, 2019, 08:17:51 PM »

Congress has found Barr and Ross to be flat out crooks. Choke them as long and as hard as you want when making your citizen’s arrest. Our laws seem say it perfectly ok with such dangerous thugs who will likely try to resist.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16866 on: July 17, 2019, 08:43:47 PM »

On the issue of surviving during hard times...

My friend Tom brought me free food for about 5 years, and I was sharing the food here at my apartment complex, we were feeding single moms, and we were helping to feed the children, etc. Then, one day I had the opportunity to cook for the man who was giving Tom the free food, his name was Richard, so I cooked a great big feast for the guy who was giving us the free food, and I cooked a huge wonderful meal for 14 homeless people. Richard said that I passed the test.

Tom, and my Uncle Dennis, helped to raise over $1,000,000.00 for charity to feed hungry people, they sold beer and hot dogs and ice cream and stuff at Angel Stadium and at the Rose Bowl, etc. They raised money for "Canning Hunger."

https://www.canninghunger.org/

Richard fed people in areas where it was against the law to feed the homeless. He was involved with feeding the hungry regardless of what the law said. He passed out sandwiches from The Olive Garden Restaurant to the homeless people in areas where it was against the law to feed the hungry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Garden

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16868 on: July 17, 2019, 09:28:15 PM »

I suspect that John Boehner is chuckling today at the disarray in the US House as Nancy Pelosi struggles to keep her fragmented majority from destroying each other.

GOPers just don’t care.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/republicans-admit-everything-they-said-about-obama-was-a-lie.html

Thanks for the link.

It would be nice if you could, you know, actually comment on the content on the link?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16869 on: July 17, 2019, 09:37:25 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16870 on: July 17, 2019, 09:56:44 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/science-division-of-white-house-office-now-empty-as-last-staffers-depart/?fbclid=IwAR0b1ELPKLlxSYtfmB2IuBGHyG5UPvPBfaulcpzI_-XqhUKwKU9W1917cOY

(a) "All of the work that we have been doing is still being done," a White House official familiar with the matter told CBS News, adding that 35 staffers currently work across the OSTP.

I don't believe that it is still being done.

(b) "Under the previous administration, OSTP had grown exponentially over what it had been before," the official said. "Before the Obama administration, it had usually held 50 to 60 or so policy experts, director-level people, for all of OSTP."

The Obama administration staffed the OSTP with more than 100 employees.  Even if it were as high as 120, "exponentially" would mean X (before) +X^1. I do not think that word means what the official thinks it means.

This is from 2001:
https://prospect.org/article/political-science

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16871 on: July 17, 2019, 10:29:25 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16872 on: July 17, 2019, 10:33:28 PM »

For Bambi-ignorance and his #1 radio airhead. And for President Trump:

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16873 on: July 17, 2019, 10:52:09 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16874 on: July 18, 2019, 12:07:22 AM »

Which one of the 20-something democrat candidates offer a economic plan to grow the economy?
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 4288