Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606364 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18150 on: August 10, 2019, 12:35:33 AM »

That's very sad.  I honestly don't know how Holocaust descendants live with it.

By working to stop what is going on in this world, Kid, rather than either accepting it, supporting it, or trying to ignore it.

Same as their descendants do. And a ton of other people who are not insisting that Trump should be allowed to act with and lie with impunity.

I have a harder time understanding how his supporters can live with what is happening with their tacit support.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18151 on: August 10, 2019, 02:37:11 AM »

Supporting Antifa, the ACLU, the SPLC, the SRA, and the Democrats is how they keep the next holocaust from picking up more steam in the face of republican, NRA, Core Civic, Geo Group, stormfront, KKK, and Liberty University’s efforts to unleash a new holocaust on the world starting in the United States. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18152 on: August 10, 2019, 04:50:08 AM »

Supporting Antifa, the ACLU, the SPLC, the SRA, and the Democrats is how they keep the next holocaust from picking up more steam in the face of republican, NRA, Core Civic, Geo Group, stormfront, KKK, and Liberty University’s efforts to unleash a new holocaust on the world starting in the United States.

That's a lot of a stretch.

Guns are great, and needed by Americans to protect themselves from home invaders, killers, rapists, armed murderers on the highways [as happened in Canada to the Aussie guy and his American girlfriend...unarmed and sitting ducks for the 'thrill killers'.]
If Aussie guy had been armed, with serious guns ready to fire at the flick of the safety's notice, he and his girlfriend would likely be alive today.

On my tv tonite was shown...a guy at a different Walmart store...vest full of ammo, serious rifle slung over his shoulder, walked into the store...walked around with his hands in the air for no apparent reason.
As far as I could gather he never removed the gun from his shoulder, and never threatened anyone.
He probably could've killed 20+ people if he'd started shooting as soon as he entered. He sure frightened people once they all realised what was happening.

Ahem, Walmart security?
Physical barriers?
Good people need guns.
Go woke, go broke.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #18153 on: August 10, 2019, 09:13:05 AM »

Stop it already. The nazis arrested and killed long time citizens of their own countries based on bizarre racial theories. Ice is evicting illegal aliens.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18155 on: August 10, 2019, 10:37:55 AM »

I think it's possible to be repulsed by ICE's performance while at the same time acknowledging that it's not the same organization as the Gestapo.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

barton

« Reply #18156 on: August 10, 2019, 11:31:01 AM »

Yes, Godwin's Law needn't always apply.   The article I linked shows the repulsive aspect, which is bad enough without having to make a parallel to Nazi Germany.

oilcan

« Reply #18157 on: August 10, 2019, 11:44:37 AM »

Appreciate the journalistic caution from those outlets that refer to Epstein's death as "apparent" suicide.   When your pals include Trump, and you're facing those kinds of charges, it would be hard to be really sure Epstein died by his own hand.  He's dead, but the stench lingers on.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18158 on: August 10, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »

Appreciate the journalistic caution from those outlets that refer to Epstein's death as "apparent" suicide.   When your pals include Trump, and you're facing those kinds of charges, it would be hard to be really sure Epstein died by his own hand.  He's dead, but the stench lingers on.

This has a Jack Ruby vibe to it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18159 on: August 10, 2019, 01:02:42 PM »

The FBI is investigating the Epstein death.

Attorney General William Barr said in a statement that a special inquiry would be opened into what happened.

Now that's fucking funny.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18160 on: August 10, 2019, 01:51:00 PM »

Stop it already. The nazis arrested and killed long time citizens of their own countries based on bizarre racial theories. Ice is evicting illegal aliens.

(a) Your ignorance of what is behind the ICE deportations is appalling and comes across as willful ignorance. If it were about illegality alone then we would be actively chasing down the overstayed visa recipients, most of whom are as easy to find, if not easier, then the folks from south of the border and who are more numerous.

(b) Again, if LAW was what it was about, then the owners and managers of the plants in Mississippi would have been taken in. Guess what, Luee? It didn't happen.

(c) It's not just deportations, and you fucking well know it. But you remain silent on the illegal activities of this government. Silence = complicity.

"Stop it?"

No, not on your life.

(d) The forces pushing this crap are white supremacists, which you seem to have a hard time grasping. They hold "bizarre racial theories" that are very familiar to me and mine. Note who put that out, Luee - it wasn't Americans or Democrats or Antifa. It was the Anne Frank Center!

Go buy a fucking clue. I know you are het up against the southern masses (with your own "no, I'm not racist" theories about them, but the asylum seekers' treatment is just as illegal and you are silent.

So, stop lying to yourself about the law.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18161 on: August 10, 2019, 02:09:58 PM »

I think it's possible to be repulsed by ICE's performance while at the same time acknowledging that it's not the same organization as the Gestapo.

Yes, Godwin's Law needn't always apply.   The article I linked shows the repulsive aspect, which is bad enough without having to make a parallel to Nazi Germany.

It's not the same as what the Gestapo became. Is it the same as what happened before the death camps opened?

The persecution of Hispanics is hardly restricted to the ICE arrests of the so-called illegal immigrants. Throughout Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico, US citizens are having their passports not be renewed or even actually taken from them for suspicion of their not being citizens. No trials. No hearings before action and frequently not after.

US citizens are being arrested within 100 miles of a border for speaking Spanish in public. Some of them are deported before they can do anything to stop it. Not many of them, you argue, and I ask "how many does it take?

Children under 10 are subject to hearings without lawyers or family present and deported.

Meanwhile, the efforts to strip LGBTQ folks of their civil rights proceeds apace.

Come on, guys, tell me how this is not Nazi-esque, pre Holocaust.

Godwin thinks the comparison is apt. The Anne Frank Center thinks it's apt.

But at least the "we're not racist, we just hate non-white folks" people agree that comparisons to the Nazis are terrible.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18162 on: August 10, 2019, 02:10:44 PM »

There is a  likely long  line of billionaires  in front of Trump who could desireto have sexual secrets buried with Epstein.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 02:12:39 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18163 on: August 10, 2019, 02:28:49 PM »

All ethnic cleansings cross a point where they are nasty racist phenomena not publicly sanctioned by their government to one where they are fully backed initiatives of official policy. We’ve gone a long way down that road in the last couple of years. How far off is that line right now? How much faster will we blow past it as racist violent failing leaders grow more and more desperate to hang onto power that their universal corruption has rendered patently illegitimate?

If you live in a coastal town and accuweather shows a category 3 or 4 storm will make landfall in two days, you are already in a hurricane. You have a lot better set of choices as to how to respond than you will if you do nothing until the wind is whipping around you at 30 mph.

The fact that Congress is going through trump’s selling out to Russia page by page on Deutsche Bank letterhead brings us several steps closer to genocide due to the fragility and insecurities of the illegitimate amoral grifter trying to cling to power in the White House.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18164 on: August 10, 2019, 02:38:05 PM »

That's very sad.  I honestly don't know how Holocaust descendants live with it.

By working to stop what is going on in this world, Kid, rather than either accepting it, supporting it, or trying to ignore it.

Same as their descendants do. And a ton of other people who are not insisting that Trump should be allowed to act with and lie with impunity.

I have a harder time understanding how his supporters can live with what is happening with their tacit support.

You had no invitation to rant there
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 4288